Any tricks out there for factioning for Dranik Loyalist?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gr8fuldave, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Rumlebrag Elder

it's only "illegal" if you "mash buttons" without being there... that your pet/merc kills something while you go weewee is not since you don't take any actions at all.
    Faerie and disgruntled like this.
  2. Inca Lorekeeper

To get my Anguish BP from Trelak with ally faction, I went to Dranik's Scar and keeled everything for about 4 hours. I think it is about 1200 positive hits, maybe more, to get to ally from indiff, but I was already in pretty good standing from clearing anguish a few times.

The Anguish BP clicky was very much worth it for SK, and is for other classes too...
  3. Reval Augur

As a quality of life change, please attach flat screens to all grey con mobs that people need to kill that play the movie Shrek. That way they can watch the beginning of shrek over and over as they kill the mobs.
  4. Xikteny Augur

That used to be "the rule," but it no longer is at this time. There was a policy change related to AFKing with pets and/or mercs some time ago.

Is this actually enforced on live servers? Maybe not.
    Do people generally even care? Maybe not.
  5. disgruntled Augur

Apparently some ummm, people, care. ><
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

Because they are disgruntled?
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They changed the policy when they added in the advanced loot window.

They didn't care about people afk factioning or working on slayer while afk.

They do care about people afk plat / item farming, and the Adv loot window now allows for that.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yet another reason to say, "Thanks, TLP!"
    Iila likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It wasn't TLP...
    TLP doesn't have mercs until SoD launches...which takes years...
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

But sir, the greatest TLP server ever (Vulak) is up to SoD! And weren't there even one or two that caught up to current, actual Everquest?!

Not to mention, go check out Runnyeye when a new TLP is launched with the pet classes and you'll see it's not just just about mercs.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  11. Iila Augur

Mages with a f8 + /pet attack hotkey left on autofire forever. Or the more advanced /tar a_skel, /pet attack hotkey.

You could find about 30 threads complaining about it in the TLP forum.

Maybe one thread in the vet lounge? The rest were complaining about fully automated groups, which are a completely different animal.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The reason they made the rule change had nothing to do with TLP servers and everything to do with the /advloot system.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Make the rule change for appearance sake, then never enforce it anywhere but TLP.
    Brohg and disgruntled like this.
  14. Pootle Elder

Mass pulls, AOE and Pet in Draniks Scar for my Mage.

May have even duo boxed with Druid for more AOE, cant remember.
  15. GrandOpener Elder

Link is broken for me. Does anyone have another link? Seems reasonable, but last time I checked (admittedly, before advanced loot) this was explicitly allowed.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

17. disgruntled Augur

Just more reason to quit.
    Faerie likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

I did rcod. Was much easier to gather mobs for mass pulls there than in dranik's scar.
    Then just mass pull and ae. Did it with a friend. He pulled, I AE'd.
    Just gotta remember to have puller take off damage shields, and his weapon (so doesn't riposte mobs to death or make them run).
    You can pull enough that you need a knight/war to pull each time unless its a melee in raid gear.
    And if you're the only one in the zone, there is about zero down time.
    Fanra likes this.
  19. GrandOpener Elder

Qbert, thanks for the link. I'm glad I found this information here and not the hard way. :)
  20. Gr8fuldave Augur

Well, just to update:
    I started Threateningly and popped a faction potion (4 hours) and ran around Nobel's Causeway, Dranik's Scar and Ruined City of Dranik just slaughtering everything in my path. I hit Ally with 30 minutes left on the potion. I think RCoD had the most mobs that I could train at once.

I have my new shiny CoA BP and am very happy! Thanks for all the input!
    Eaiana and Fanra like this.