Buying a new PC for EQ. Need help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Schroeco, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Schroeco New Member

I'm buying a new computer for the sole purpose of playing eq.

I sometimes use Photoshop. Sketchup and AutoCAD as well.

My current computer is about 9 years old. AMD processor. 8gb RAM. 500gb hard drive. Brand IBuypower. Has been an absolute champ. But man my load times are horrible. And it is starting to have some issues. Losing hardrive performance. And I figured it's time to retire "ground control". The only upgrades I made were a power supply and more memory.

The questions I have are. AMD FX 4300 or Intel i7?
    Nividia graphics or radeon?

The two I'm comparing are

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9795074&CatId=114

http://m.costco.com/.product.1039816.html

My budget is anything under 800$ the difference in these two is 200$ and the CPU and 8gb of memory and ddr3vs ddr4

The 350watt power supply is slightly troubling I run a 650. Any thoughts on that?

I'm not attached to either of these so if you know of a better deal I would appreciate it! Thanks I'm advance for the insight and help!
  2. rick Augur

it is a 17 year old game ... umm you could buy a shoe box and plug it into the wall and it should work fine ..

you can look around for a NEW computer for around that cost and it will work out (monitor not included unless a laptop and the laptops at that price would do you)

this game is NOT going to require much ..
    DarkTexasQA likes this.
  3. Schroeco New Member

I have 2 24" LED Asus monitors and razor keyboard/mouse so good on that front
    rick likes this.
  4. rick Augur

the just buy the computer you want .. you could probably buy a 300 to 500 dollar one and it would fly through this game .. I originally played it on a 486 and the original 586 and the main issues were the internet connection (cable internet was just coming out back then and dial up at 56k was considered fast LOL)