Merge Lockjaw and Ragefire. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FluttyMan, Mar 18, 2016.

1. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

They would not have to credit anyone, Zek and FV were not always free to transfer to on live. They are now, and I can assure you that no one was reimbursed when it became that way. The company does not have to give back anything due to future changes, they own the game they can manage it how they want.
  2. Dabrixmgp Augur

Well using that same logic i demand a total refund for all expansions and monthly fees since i started 17 years ago. I also demand the $120 i paid monthly for my 3 Stormhammer accounts since that server doesnt even exist anymore. People can play for free now so why did i have to pay?

Doesnt it sound rediculous to read that cause u sound the same way. If the servers are dead no one will pay to transfer they will just quit till DBG remedies the problem.
  3. Bento Elder

No not really, why dont you just pay 15$ or whatever it is and stop crying on the boards? Its kinda sad
  4. Sinzz Augur

I have noticed ragefire has about same amount of folks as bristlebane does at most times , not even close to a dead live server, also yeah they wouldn't refund anyone, I once transferred to fv like a week before they went free tried to use that within 7 day clause most states have about sales and they giggled, tapped me on the head told me to move along :) I do see the point of merging the two severs however then you also need to purge level ones name holders because all those folks merging would need names to replace the x, personally id pay the money and transfer if it was that much of a issue beat the rush and get a guild before everyone else came on a server merge anyways if the merge was happening.
  5. FluttyMan Elder

There are 2 things that some people here seem to not comprehend:

-The pay-for-transfer argument is irrelevant. DBG will earn 25$ (or is it 15$) per transfer, but how much suscription cash will they loose to players leaving the game due to dead servers? The answer is: Merge Servers.

-The Ragefire pop it isn't OK. Your high end raiding guild may be full of lvl 60s, that doesn't mean server is healthy. See Citizen on Fippy Darkpaw, they still raid and unlock content, but server is d.e.a.d.
    You want the servers to merge BEFORE it's too late, not when the servers are dead and everyone is on Phinigel already, that is the point.

Have great fun on EQ TLPs, especially on Velious tomorrow if you are on Ragefire.
  6. yukan Augur

Lol at using Citizen being the last guild on Fippy as an example of what happens if you don't merge servers. We are still in Kunark and Fippy is on what, their 15th? Going on for close to 5 years? I took the torch from Obsian and led Darkblood of Solusek Ro for close to 3 years, I led our raids from Gates of Discord til Underfoot. I was there thick and thin and watched the server population closely day in and day out.

Trust me, Fippy's population did NOT die due to a lack of server merges. It died due to the game progressing to expansions that weren't popular to the masses. The same thing will happen here regardless of whether there is a server merge or not. Many people will quit once PoP is done, once GoD hits, once OoW hits, ect. Many people hated and are unwilling to give specific expansions a try. That's what causes people to quit, not a lack of server merges. After having scratched and clawed to keep Darkblood alive for years, I can definitively say that the populations of both Lockjaw and Ragefire have ample people to have a guild survive. It's absolutely not the number of players on either servers that prevents a guild from thriving. Recruiting now is exponentially easier than it was in the latter years on Fippy.

Ragefire's population is fine. Even at the end of Kunark our general chat is over 400 at all hours of the day. I expect the servers population to grow substantially with the launch of Velious. Lockjaw's population is lower than Ragefire, but fine. There is a perfect niche for people who don't want to be in the limelight on an overcrowded server.

What kills guilds in this era is a lack of content. How many guilds folded on Lockjaw or Ragefire so far due to not having anything to raid? Tons of them. Merging Lockjaw and Ragefire would very likely inadvertently cause the same problem. There would be more guilds and fewer content and you would quickly see a vast reduction in the overall player base. Having 2 servers on the same rules is a huge advantage that should remain as is.

The problem I'm seeing now isn't that the servers are struggling due to low population. The big problem I see is that Lockjaw isn't getting Velious at the same time as Ragefire. The most profitable thing for Daybreak would be to open Velious on Lockjaw and Ragefire at the same time, keep them on the same timetable forever. Then allow paid transfers back and fourth from 1 server to the next. Can't find a guild you like on Ragefire? Fine look on Lockjaw. Don't like the lower server population on Lockjaw? Fine, look to Ragefire. It gives people an out. If people don't see a guild they like, then they just quit. I've seen it happen time and time again over the years. Allowing people to transfer back and forth not only gives people more options to find a guild they fit into, it gives Daybreak cash by making people pay for transfers. It's a win for everyone.
    Kattria Minx and Xars like this.
  7. Silinius Augur

^^ This

Well thought out post Yukan... when did you get so smart??!?!?! :D
  8. Xabelle New Member

I am against a server merge, and if DBG should decide down the road to merge them, please great merciful Tunare can you PLEASE make raid content instanced?

Thanks.
  9. Canemanjones New Member

"The Ragefire Pop isn't Ok. Your high end raiding guild may be full of level 60s"

I sure hope the general population of the server is level 60 by now taking a more end game raiding approach to the game since we've been on Kunark for 6 months now.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

Hey!

Hey!

When I act stupid I do it from my main account too!
    Silinius likes this.
  11. Xars Journeyman

The problem TLPs have is that they are following the expansion path history of EQ when, in some cases, it would be better to alter the rollout of expansions some.

For instance, start a TLP at Kunark so Iksars are in game and there are more leveling areas and raid mobs.
    Have a TLP that releases all expansions of the same level: Classic then Kunark/Velious/Luclin all at once, etc.
    Have a TLP that releases all expansions at the beginning but capped by level. Classic, Kunark, Velious, PoP, GoD, Luclin, TBS, TSS, everything would all be available day 1 but player level is capped at 50 and then time locked progression to 60, 65, 70 of player level.

There are a bunch of ideas that could be tried. Instead, every TLP starts, progresses and ends the same way. Instancing early expansion raid content on Phinny was new for a TLP and it's a home run.

We're not just replaying the history of EQ, we're replaying every TLP. DBG needs to take some chances and mix things up.
  12. Korillo Augur

I don't know if you were here before Ragefire was made, but they actually allowed the players to vote on how Ragefire would be released (in terms of what expansions). I believe the options were classic, classic + kunark, classic + kunark + velious.

Classic won the vote, which was somewhat surprising to me but that is what the majority wanted it would seem. So they did actually give us the option you suggested, we just turned it down collectively.
  13. Silinius Augur

I think Yukan put it best - just give LJ Velious, keep the two servers separate and when the time comes (and the code supports it) investigate merging if populations don't improve. As was mentioned above, we've seen a pretty large influx of recruitment in recent weeks.

Are we the same FI from Classic - Lord no. Do we still blow up everything in our path - Yes. And finally, would we like the chance to do the same to Velious - Hell yes.