$100 for Clockwork Hero's Forge and $200 for Golden Armor Ornaments.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I like the armor - no lie. I won't be buying it at that price. Won't lose any sleep over it. Someone who wears this armor at the current price would look like a complete sucker anyways (of course, one can say this is a way to crowd fund EQ). An argument can be made that they could profit more at an optimal price point.
  2. Sokon Augur

^this

Recruit 25 people to play this game. Have fun trying to get 1. It's not for everybody.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

I did the raft program for thus armor, got halfway there and they pulled the plug.

And I will buy this, but I can still complain about the price.
  4. Lily Augur

I think you're missing the point. Of course a lot of people want it, but not a lot of people will buy it at that price. I'm willing to bet a lot of people WOULD buy it if it was, say $25. But there will be a "sale" on it before it disappears from the MP anyway.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  5. Sokon Augur

Ya and when everyone has it, it turns from beng a wanted set of ornamentation that everyone wants, into a tacky looking set of ornamentation that everyone sticks in their banks.

You want everyone running around in a golden set of armor and think they will still like said armor as much? They won't. It's psychology 101.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Blurred_Memories Augur

wonder if we'll ever see some class defining abilities put on marketplace...

like mass project illusion aa, i'd probably pay 100 dollars for that. ;)
  7. YellowBelly Augur

This reminds me of that guy who spent $5000 on LoN packs just to get that Chimera mount back in the day. I wish that thread was still around but it was a part of the old EQ forums. I would read it every time I regretted buying someone stupid.
    Iila and Indrigoth like this.
  8. Lily Augur

I think you still missed the point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

I bought the armor so that I wouldn't look like everyone else. If they mark down the armor, I'm going to be pretty annoyed given the price paid. The next time they make a similar offering I'll pass. People don't buy Versace to look like everyone else.

Ruven
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Need to wait until the final day if you want to guarantee no mark down. I bought a set of Festive Frostfell and it was half off on the final day.
  11. Cicelee Augur

He can look like Versace for several weeks until the inevitable sale...
  12. Duhbeast Augur

I don't mind supporting the game, and an ogre has got to stay on fleek.
  13. Paladin Augur

Well, it certainly appears Daybreak is hurting.

I guess they thought they could bring in some significant cash flow with these 2 ornament sets... but I just don't see that working.

I think if the price points were $50 & $25 instead, they would sell way more and see a lot more overall profit.

Anyway, it does appear that these perceived money issues have forced them to re-evaluate what they want and what their customers want. They seem to have finally sat up and taken notice and cancelled EQ Next and dumped that EQ phone app game.

Good!

Perhaps they will now focus on the games that keep actually them in business, like EQ, rather than throwing away resources and money at things like EQ Next & the phone app.
  14. Lonye Augur

This needs to be accented more. There's a very good chance the price will decrease by the end of the "event."
  15. lovealaska New Member

These are overpriced, these also are a cookie cutter of current type 21's out there with the exception on the helmet on one of the sets. I would expect more from daybreak guess not here. The only good stuff is xp bonus for those who need xp and the fabled spawning outside of that its the same old thing.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect the more it gets emphasized the less likely it will be to happen. The first rule of sale club is......
    Iila and Indrigoth like this.
  17. Knight-errant Journeyman

The fewer people who buy it at that crazy price, the more likely it will go on sale actually. They will want to get some return on their investment.

I'm usually all about supporting games by buying DLC fluff. But $100 / $200 is just insulting. I can get a brand new AAA game, with all the silly little DLCs included for less than that. The armor is nice looking, and I might be tempted at a reasonable price. But insane pricing is insane.

What justifies the cost? Did they hire a famous designer to come up with it?
  18. Brudal Augur

If there was an achievement for it I might consider it.

Apologies for any emergency patches caused by my post.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Undoubtedly, the same guy who designed Apple Watch Edition (Retail $15,000).

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. eqgamer Augur

If it looks good I'm buying it. I'm that shallow.

Long live Eq.