Epic bottle necks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HereandMeow, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Pikallo Augur

Also, Terror does not spawn in picks, only Dread and Fright. Terror has MoTM buff and the others don't due to the fact Dread/Fright have DT.
  2. Gemdiver New Member

Don't forget while keeping fear cleared for that full 24-72 hours so that another guild doesn't pop up the moment he spawns and train the rest of the zone on you.
  3. Tierdal Augur

Love that the devs are willing to be real with us but ummm.. The picks do not always mirror their base.

No ct in fear pick means no wraith.

No city picks mean a bunch of enchanters never see their epic.

Some tweaking here should be investigated, but understand your work flow just doesn't allow it.
  4. Obsessed Journeyman

This discussion seems pointless as the Ench epic mob in Fear has MoTM and as such will only spawn in base pick.
  5. freddytwotones New Member

Be honest please. Are you currently ok with roughly 20-30 Enchanters getting their epics by the time Velious is released, while other classes will easily have 100+ on the server? The bottleneck faced by the enchanter epic is against the spirit of what the server intended. Here you have a server with several times the population of any server ever, and the sole mechanic to make the server playable (instancing), is disabled for the two zones that these epic mobs spawn in. Please don't give a snarky response, it's incredibly disheartening to see the picture that was posted on the first page of the thread. The Verina/Vessel spawns are so incredibly out of reach it's pathetic.
    Mynde Kandie likes this.
  6. Sheaffer Augur

I wish I could like this reply twice. I'm sure they would like to make some changes but if you change something for one or two classes then everyone is going to want some changes. Where do you stop? There is always a justification somewhere and you have to draw a line.
  7. GrugSA Augur

Should spawn in expos
    Wraith of a Shissar
    Broken Golem

Should have spawn timer reduced to about 6-8 hours
    Verina Tomb
    Vessel Drozlin
    Marl Kastane
    Gemdiver and Blingx like this.
  8. Blingx Augur

Updated.
  9. freddytwotones New Member

There's roughly 2 enchanter epics obtained per week, around 25 for the entire Kurnark expansion. Stop being obtuse.
  10. freddytwotones New Member

Found the person who isn't one of the bottlenecked classes :)
  11. bodes Augur

This would make so many players happy.
  12. Spooky Augur

Please add UDB to should spawn in expos after trak dies, or should spawn in picks without a breastplate.
    Tal-Ral and Finley like this.
  13. Gemdiver New Member

The broken golem has MoTM too.
  14. EQForumAcct Augur

Why do you feel that everyone deserves their epic right away?
  15. EQForumAcct Augur

Other than your sense of entitlement...
  16. Kiani Augur

I think the issue is the disparity between epics. Some are really easy, some very hard. Some are not very hard but have bottlenecks. Some are complicated but don't really have such bottlenecks. Some need no planar+ loot, some need god or dragon loot.
  17. Tal-Ral New Member

Agreed! The environment is toxic around these bottlenecks. Last night at undead bard, the insults and just general vitriol in these fights is just disgusting. These fights really need adjustment, as it really divides the good will of the community.
  18. Finley Augur

I am not a wizard, enchanter, or shadow knight. I have my epic completed. I think the enchanter and shadowknight epics, and probably the wizard too, need to be addressed.
  19. Zyltas New Member

I was hoping that with bonus XP going on, I might be able to snag a Vessel or or Verina, but no such luck. Log into go check out vessel, and it has gotten better with only 7 or 8 players sitting in wait, which of course are all from different guilds so once it gets close to spawning maybe we will see that same cluster of 40+ people in that one room.

I did get a good chuckle out of the iksar sitting there named iamnotherefovessel

Getting multiples of other classes all done in the first week, when 1 enchanter could get theirs done silly, and poor design the way things currently stand on Phinny. I have no problem putting in time, getting guildies to come and help but to be forced through ridiculous bottle necks just doesn't make sense these days on a server with 3 month progression. In making them 6-8 hour spawns does not make the epic overly easy, just makes it more accessible. This seems to be the anti-socking server, so why have these few mobs require it?
  20. Koniku Elder

I am an enchanter that has completed the epic. It needs to be changed, nobody should have to put up with this nonsense. Wiz and SK needs to be fixed aswell.