Veeshan's Peak Key Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Realoead, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Qelyn Augur

Sorry, I am going to the doctor later today. :-(
  2. Basolisk New Member

over the weekend I deleted 6 key parts :)
    These key parts are like drugs you guys go crazy over them, I will continue to rid the world of these bags of crack that litter the floor for your safety.
    Genoane and Mindtickler like this.
  3. Rizey Elder

You are the real hero.
  4. yerm Augur

Your story seems a bit odd. Not saying I don't believe you at all, I'm more saying I am a little apprehensive about how it's getting to you and parts that seem iffy or left off in the retelling.

Your bard buddy happens upon "an ancient jarsath" and decides he must kill it because it's special, but doesn't know what it's for? That's not REALLY a named mob unless you know better, there are a million npcs called "an adjective species" in this game just like it. Ok fine I'll buy it he's never seen this particular one before in this zone and maybe the lack of technical name is actually why he didn't think it'd be so bad to just kill it.

Not only did he apparently kill this rare spawn though but he would have had to go on and loot "a piece of a medallion" that has no stats on it, and is no drop which means he had to confirmation into it (unless he has idiotic advloot filters). This is where I'm starting to kinda break down a little bit. He has no idea what the AJ is? That should mean he has no idea what the drop is. If he's running through the FV main pick there's probably a good dozen AOS in zone - did he ask about it in ooc? At this point at best he looted it because people were yelling at him and he was mad about being yelled at, at worst he looted it because people were asking him about it and he figured "oh this must be useful even though I have no idea" and grabbed it. I don't see how to envision a positive sequence of events here, to be honest, where your ignorant-of-AJ bard friend ends up killing AND LOOTING it out from under the mentioned AOS in the area.

From here your friend, now likely being belittled in tells, goes two zones over... to another location with a highly contested VP key drop. Listen, I'm willing to believe the AOS salty about AJ followed him to grief - totally willing - but realize that the other alternative is that there were different AOS already in KC (doing VKR) which would have likely been told in guild chat or team speak that some Cello expletive just ran in and sniped the AJ they'd been AEing for hours to spawn and to watch out for him, and watch out for Cello they probably sure did... with a lot of drolvargs helping.

So here we come to the forums and saying "AOS griefed my innocent bard noob friend" and it sounds believable at first. Highly so; I believed you. But as I really mull over it finishing up my lunch, the more I think about it, the more I see holes in it. The medallion looting especially just doesn't make any sense here. The worst part, though, is that your friend very well might be totally innocent here and AOS entirely in the wrong but without proof my instinct - and I guarantee you any guild's instinct - would be to not assume the worst of their members here. How many people complaining to a guild leader about an incident like this are bringing proof? How many are just making claims, even legitimate ones like yours may be, but without backing? How many guild leaders are NOT going to assume that there was at least some amount of dbaggery involved on the part of the alleged victim?
  5. Wintermalo Augur

Ah yes, the Eastern wall of Firiona Vie is where many people do a great deal of their leveling. A very common place for pugs and solo players to hang out and kill in! It's such a frequent occurrence that an xp group is just chugging along and innocently pulls the rarest VP key mob in the game unknowingly.

If you didn't catch my drift, Rhiyannon, approximately 0 people on these forums believes your story that this new player to the game innocently and accidentally pulled and killed an Ancient Jarsath. Your friend did it for the same reasons as anyone else would do it in FV - to obtain a medallion. Whether they were planning to sell it or loot it themselves, their motives were the medallion and solely the medallion.

I have no idea why you are playing the innocent card - nobody is buying it and you just make yourself sound foolish.
  6. Rizey Elder

Pretty sure it was satirical in terms of AoS acting innocent all the time.
  7. Poydras Augur

Good races go through FV to get to kunark. And bards notice unusual mobs on track. That part isn't implausible.
  8. Blingx Augur

This isn't a mob that is typically just waiting around to be killed though. To get it before people that are actively clearing/spawning/watching for it you have to be already waiting on it.

He was also on the way to KC from what I can tell. So again would have to go way out of the way to track down this maybe-rare-spawn on the opposite side of the zone, and then to beat the 12(was it 12?) others that I'm sure are spamming sense undead/track while camping it.

Edit: It was 6~
  9. Wintermalo Augur

Bard track doesn't come anywhere remotely close to being in range of AJ when running through the FV city and toward the kunark zones. Even if you are at the AJ roaming area, bard track very often will not pick up AJ if you a little north or south. You have to literally go out of your way to go to the AJ area.

So not only do you have to go out of your way, but you have to go out of your way at the exact moment an AJ spawns, as these are dying with 30 seconds - minute of spawning, and each pick of FV probably averages 2-3 AJs a day. So ya, it's extremely unlikely.
  10. yerm Augur

The original account was:

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

As I said in my novella earlier, there's a lot of holes in this account: the fact that "an ancient jarsath" is a named mob based on that name, the looting of this statless nodrop item without asking what for until much later, the whole "been remotely polite" portion to defend the "contrary" nature of this "nice" guy, and finally the supposed KC training being done by the same group.

Crap like this story are why you have Elaida in here saying "I don't care" about people accusing AOS of grief at these camps. The people with actual gripes are going to be ignored below the swathe of third hand accounts of bards exploring FV when their KC group is waiting that are too obstinate to get along with the people there.
  11. Vaclav Augur

You must not have seen AJ roam very long - or seen it somewhere that's got screwed up but close spawn patterns like P99 - because he can end up pretty much anywhere on his own. I still recall getting my first back in the day by dumb luck bumping into it not very far outside of the city. (wasn't even looking for it at the time - was working on VP key, but the stupid necro had a pet up at the time so I assumed he wasn't up)

I remember pretty explicitly because I was a DE Cleric that time, and I got ganked while looting it by the crazy speed guards and barely made it back in time (remember, short corpse timers back then!)
  12. Qelyn Augur

13. Poydras Augur

Obviously they weren't paying close enough attention if a bard got the kill. (what'd he do, out-dps them?) And it roams after spawning. And he might've been heading to sebilis or CoM to check for groups there first. I'm not seeing "extremely unlikely" here. Not even "implausible".
  14. yerm Augur

This is just yet another hole in the account that you're pointing out though. Yes, it's totally plausible that a bard fond of exploring bumps into AJ. What's extremely unlikely is him putzing around with it and only after a minute of AOS verbal bullying decides to kill it and succeeds in spite of six others against him. We have two dozen pages here of people including AOS swearing off that the guild will dps race anyone for these keys; it completely contradicts the idea that this bard only killed and looted AFTER verbal harassment.
  15. Wintermalo Augur

Go to a live server and follow AJ around for a few hours. He will never come within bard track range of the FV city. I will take my own personal, recent experience over your 10 year old anecdote any day.

The only possible way for it to occur is for someone to pull it there, which is entirely possible on a server like p99. But on Phinegal 2 weeks into the Kunark Launch this is just not going to happen - at least not to the point where they pull it there, die and some newbie bard happens upon it.
  16. yerm Augur

17. Rizey Elder

Also says 88% droprate on medallion.

I'm not really taking this as a valid source.
  18. GhostbustersII Elder

The AJ does not roam anywhere near the city on this server.

People quote P99 for various things but P99 AJ was completely different form AJ on this server. P99 couldn't figure out the code for the AJ to they put it on a set spawn rate. They also set it up to roam all over the place which isn't what it was on live or on these servers.

All the details aside though, no one is innocent in this camp and the fact that people act innocent baffles me. If someone sends you a tell that they have been camping something and you just sniped their spawn, you might verify that they are camping it but if you are innocent, you will usually try to make that thing right if you realize you wronged someone. An innocent person isn't going to run off. The instant they run off, whether they did the act intentionally or not, they are no longer this innocent portrait you are painting.

That being said,
    Anyone that knows anything about the AJ, if they see it up in the zone without being engaged would probably run up and kill it. If someone runs up and kills it randomly and just happens to be running by it than good for them.

The big problem with this particular camp is when someone has been camping it for 12 hours and some random comes up and snipes it, peoples emotions are going to fly and that's when someone gets trained.
  19. Saglagar Lorekeeper

20. yerm Augur

This happens across the board with similar 100% drop items. I believe it is either someone clicked to loot but didn't loot it, or, more likely, someone looted the medallion and then someone else (with whatever program they use to track drops) clicked it afterwards and no medallion was present, just some dust or whatever.