Bard Power!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GhostbustersII, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Soon Augur

I am happy to group with a chanter and let him do the work. Bard adds a lot to a group already, I really don't see a NEED to buff up. A group with a bard and a chanter is a very solid group. And usually whem I form groups, if there is no chanter available, I will take a necro or shaman. And we still rock. All in all, if you are saying we NEED a buff, I don't really see the reason.
  2. Poydras Augur

AE slow songs are 30-something percent. Shaman slow is 75 percent. That is ghetto mez. Bard slow is not going to make the difference when CC is ever really needed. Even rangers and warriors can proc a slow better than bard too. Also everyone forgets necro mez goes up to level 55. And clerics and chanters paci up to lvl 60. Oh and of course 3 classes have FD which works on unlimited level mobs =P. And damn near everyone has root.

I think some people here must be comparing a bard using all his tricks to anyone else asleep at the keyboard. Granted a sleeping bard is far superior to other classes when sleeping, I suppose.
  3. Poydras Augur

People are referring to AE kiting like is still possible on P1999.

Charm has a long range on TLP's. But with a level limit of 51 it gets increasingly useless as you approach 60. I can't imagine any sane person reaching 60 by soloing that way.

The mana situation, since you brought it up, currently is 60 mana per attempt, one minute duration if it lands, mana regen of 1/tick standing. So, in groups for example, chanters can charm a mob (up to 53 in their case) from lower level areas and bring it along for major (in fact stupid OP) dps, but for bards this is basically impossible. they'd be oom in well under an hour. Hence bard charm tends to go by the wayside at higher levels. Any improvement here for bards would be extremely interesting obviously, but it's hard to imagine a way that isn't further game-breaking.
  4. Soon Augur

The comparison is still better than comparing between a song vs a weapon proc. LOL.
  5. Poydras Augur

Eh, they're pretty solid. I mean earthcaller is an "epic" weapon. Would be kind of a pointless toy if it only procced rarely.

Bards' best melee buff comes from their epic proc for that matter. Though of course shamans cudgel is better stats and attack, and is a clicky.

I was expecting you to go after the mention of root, if anything.
  6. Spooky Augur

There is one thing I want:

Level 58 mez.

Other Luclin era spells are in game. This one needs to be in as well. It's very important to have more than one class be able to CC high level camps.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

Bards need 2 things in my opinion.

1. Ability to mez higher level mobs.
    2. Songs work on pets from day 1, get rid of the AA requirement.
  8. -wycca Augur

Yea, both would be nice. Not going to argue there.
  9. Kiani Augur

As a non-bard, non-enchanter, non-pet class (ie nothing personally to lose or gain here), I don't have a problem with those two things. Bards already have mezzing limitations compared to enchanters in terms of number of targets they can lock down.

On the other hand, like a lot of things, it's been that way forever, it gets better later on anyway, so I can't see it being a priority.
  10. Lyric07 New Member

You people whine really badly bards are amazing. I can do pretty much whatever I want besides CC high end camps such as Juggs/Kennels. Here are a few points we can solo just fine charm pets are insane right now. I can solo named mobs such as eldrig for our epic by myself it takes me like 3 charm pets to do it, and I might lose like 50% of my health by end cause I get summoned before I can recharm a pet, but it can be done. I've messed up duo boxing with my cleric before where I tried to pacy pull emporer of chottal out into hiero room(where I was camped). I started the pull with my cleric at like 30% mana, and my bard was at about 15% mana. Simply cause I had been duoing using charm pet for the past 2 hours or so down there. I ended up getting emporer plus 3 adds from his room Blood respawned and I got hierophant PH respawn as well. I charmed a pet to take out emporer while keeping the others mezzed using my cleric to keep me and the pet alive. Ran out of mana for charms on both cleric and bard as emporer went down. I kept the others mezzed while my cleric regened, and I slowly took each mob down as I got mana back. Which also brings me to another point if u notice I mentioned I was down there for like 2hours charming pets, did it ever occur to u that u can lock a pet down with mezz for no mana while u pull and and then just recharm it when ur ready to fight that way ur not constantly blowing mana while charming? There are loads of tricks and things u can do as a bard if u just think about each situation. As far as lower lvls is concerned I remember around lvl40 soloing seafury cyclops. To break the camp I'd use a charm pet for added dps. Then have snare/fear/dot/dot on melody while i beat them down. Then after camp was broken I no longer needed charm pet cause I could just fear kite them in an open area, thus I could save my mana pool incase of one repoping on myself and just charm it. There are also instances where u can charm a pet and gather up like 6 mobs to kill ur pet down invis and recharm another pet to kill ur last one rinse and repeat and then when low on mana just kite them either dot kiting or fear kiting. Bards are not in any sense of the word we have incredible power solo and in groups. With lull I can single pull all day long and our mana regen/hp song gives more mana regen with a lute attatched than a chanter can buff ppl with c2.... Just saying that in itself makes us highly sought after mana is a huge resource in the current state of our servers. I simply think ppl just need to pull their head out and evaluate a situation and adapt to it thats all playing a bard is about.
  11. yerm Augur

Sounds like you can do everything except format a post to be readable!
  12. Lyric07 New Member

@yerm let me help you u start at the top and read left to right top to bottom and group words together to form a sentence. sounding words out helps alot too. I love how I make a post pointing out things u can do as a bard and the only comback is over grammar. People really do amaze me and will continue to be butt hurt even when shown differently.
  13. Wintermalo Augur

Basic rule of posting on forums is to not post a wall of text. Literally no one will read it and you'll just be mocked for it. There are such things as breaks and paragraphs. If you want to make long posts I suggest you use these in the future.
  14. yerm Augur

Your post was a convoluted mess, but never fear...

You people whine really badly bards are amazing. I can do pretty much whatever I want besides CC high end camps such as Juggs/Kennels. Here are a few points we can solo just fine charm pets are insane right now:

I can solo named mobs such as eldrig for our epic by myself. It takes me like 3 charm pets to do it, and I might lose like 50% of my health by end cause I get summoned before I can recharm a pet, but it can be done.

I've messed up duo boxing with my cleric before where I tried to pacy pull emporer of chottal out into hiero room(where I was camped). I started the pull with my cleric at like 30% mana, and my bard was at about 15% mana. Simply cause I had been duoing using charm pet for the past 2 hours or so down there. I ended up getting emporer plus 3 adds from his room Blood respawned and I got hierophant PH respawn as well. I charmed a pet to take out emporer while keeping the others mezzed using my cleric to keep me and the pet alive. Ran out of mana for charms on both cleric and bard as emporer went down. I kept the others mezzed while my cleric regened, and I slowly took each mob down as I got mana back.

This brings me to another point. If you notice, I mentioned I was down there for like 2hours charming pets, did it ever occur to you that you can lock a pet down with mezz for no mana while u pull and and then just recharm it when you're ready to fight, that way you're not constantly blowing mana while charming? There are loads of tricks and things you can do as a bard if you just think about each situation.

As far as lower lvls is concerned I remember around lvl40 soloing seafury cyclops. To break the camp I'd use a charm pet for added dps. Then have snare/fear/dot/dot on melody while i beat them down. Then after camp was broken I no longer needed charm pet cause I could just fear kite them in an open area, thus I could save my mana pool incase of one repoping on myself and just charm it. There are also instances where you can charm a pet and gather up like 6 mobs to kill your pet down invis and recharm another pet to kill your last one rinse and repeat. Then when low on mana just kite them either dot kiting or fear kiting.

Bards are not **** in any sense of the word we have incredible power solo and in groups. With lull I can single pull all day long and our mana regen/hp song gives more mana regen with a lute attatched than a chanter can buff ppl with c2.... Just saying that in itself makes us highly sought after as mana is a huge resource in the current state of our servers. I simply think ppl just need to pull their head out and evaluate a situation and adapt to it thats all playing a bard is about.
  15. Spooky Augur

And then you get a lull fail on the first jugg pull and you bring 3-4 to camp. And you can't mez.

Good thing we have that 30% AE slow so we die slower.
  16. Blingx Augur

You pretty much missed the point after stating it, somehow...
    Anyways, as your chottal story has shown pulls can and do go bad; whether a resist, bad timing, oops cleric had unnounced afk, etc. What is the answer to a bad pull? CC. What do you do as a bard at juggs/kennels with a bad pull? A) die so you don't wipe your group. B) bring it all to your group and hope someone else can CC while you twist hp/mana regen to save the day. Sure, everything goes great if you have an Enc but if you have an Enc, then what is the bard for?

Edit: After reading over my initial post I removed the crappy attitude and unnecessary remarks, my apologies.
    Dither and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I am so disappointed you edited this. This was the very best post I'd read on forums in a long while. :p
    yerm and Dither like this.
  18. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm pretty sure the mana regen from bard songs isn't modded, even though it appears to be in the inventory window. Bard mana regen is still decent, though.
  19. Lyric07 New Member

What do you mean lull fail? If you gear your bard right even if ur lull gets resisted I have almost 200 charisma and dont get agro even on resists....
  20. Lyric07 New Member

And yes the mana regen does increase I can attest to that on my cleric.