Heroic Characters up the lvl

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Klak, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Repthor Augur

you dont really learn to play your class from starting to play at lower lvls anyway.

if u get a heroic toon u either plan to plvl it with a main or a freind of yours will and ull learn nothing from that anyway other then that ur worthless untill ur at max lvl as they are running you thru content you dont belong in

another reason is classes change alot thru lvl bracket to lvl bracket so u just end up haveing to re learn how to do things anyway to be more effichant

so starting at less then lvl 100 is pointless anyhow classes end up changes fundamentality alot in this game as devs change and a new devs with another vision of the class and everythign changes
    Perplexed, Iila, Klak and 1 other person like this.
  2. Iila Augur

[IMG]

Dunning-Kruger is for the left side of the graph. Klak's skill is in the right quarter of the graph. Cast parses, heal parses, group performance, and raid performance all put him in the top tier of shm in game. Sure, he's confrontational and arrogant on here, but that doesn't make him less skilled in game.

You can't throw a halfling around these board without hitting someone who claims to be a great player/boxer, but lacks understanding of basic class or game concepts. Yet, you somehow managed to latch on to one of the few people who can back up their trash talking with parses and results as a D-K case?
    EnchBB, Klak and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Wouldn't linking parses directly violate your guild's rule therefore he can't link parses to back up his ability without violating the rule.

Sorry I had to poke. I find the whole situation funny. I came here out of boredom and I got a daytime soap. 10/10
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Iila Augur

The rule is more along the lines of "Don't post things that could get a class nerfed" Shm cast parses aren't going to do that.

Posting shm dps parses might get him some boosts or sympathy.
    Sancus and AlmarsGuides like this.
  5. Prymal Journeyman

Up the level. Watching tumbleweeds go by lfg doesnt make a great first impression while the rest of the player base are elsewhere.

You learn the class via 'Gribbles' not levels :p
    Klak likes this.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

Maybe with the dot changes he can do more pew pew!
  7. Ksenija Elder

I am sure every raid leader is going to enjoy their Shaman forgoing heals just to do 0.2 extra dps on the raid boss.
  8. Zarzac Augur

Agree, heroic toons should come at 100 and should already have a 2.0.

There is no skill at all to getting a 2.0 now, it's just a time sink. The whole purpose of heroic characters are to skip the time sink stuff like DoN progression and MPG trials and get up to speed where you can play the game with others. The epic clearly falls into this just a time sink category.

People who make the "you learn the toon leveling" argument are just simply wrong.

If you have to level up, you are generally doing so with no group or heavy merc groups. You are actually going to play WORSE going that route vs. spending the same amount of time actually playing the new toon with a current level group. Going the max level learning route will actually teach you how to use all your abilities and when to use them vs. having to learn potentially 2 or 3 different ways a class performs as they gather new abilities.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

NO, it's bad enough that every in the game seems to have a bot cleric. Just like when someone asks for raid gear or currency to be tradable, raid progression to be unlocked, or any of the other crap you all hold so dear. NO. It's hard enough now trying to find spots in groups or raids, but if raid guilds can buy 105 clerics from Dollar General, there really be no point in continuing.
  10. Zamiam Augur

@Zarzac I disagree especially about the 2.0 .. most 2.0's arent even worth it to most classes with the exception to a few classes (pally, necro, shaman, SK, bard) might have missed 1 or 2.. but i feel if you want the 2.0 do the time .. jm2c
  11. Triconix Augur

But you claimed that RoI was a casual guild. :rolleyes:

Let's keep this epeen battle strong. It's getting quite entertaining.

That is all I have to say about that.

Being max level =/= doing more content. I'm not sure if you've noticed but the higher you get, the less meaningful content there is to do. It's an unfortunate irony.

At level 85 you can do lots of content since HAs scale. There's little to no point of instantly granting somebody max level. It should be raised to level 90, but anything else is just overkill.
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

IMO it should be Max - 10 levels, and roll with level cap increases. So it should be 95 atm, not 85.
  13. Numiko Augur

I would support this if you got bigger bags too! .. its the only reason I ever bought a heroic character.
    Taease likes this.
  14. Reval Augur

Make test missions that can only be completed by people once and within a small level range, say one mission is 85-90, and if the group beats it, they all just gain a level or 2. But make the missions very difficult, so that the people that take this route may take a few tries, and must know or learn how to play their class well to do it. This would be interesting, to have high risk/high reward options instead of just grinding a toon out through more conventional means.
  15. shik Elder

85 is more than fine.
    Taease likes this.
  16. Malbro Augur

They are fine the way they are.
    Taease likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

Hey if you buy it on a old recruit a friend account with the triple exp you can usually get it to 105 in less then a week anyhow... or even less if there is a double exp weekend, anniversary bonus exp going on or is on FV.
  18. Hellboy007 Augur

I would not mind seeing them offered to level 100-105..

That being said.... and this is a big freaking important part that needs to be added as well.

They need a tutorial for all classes and more or less a way to teach/force people how to play the class at that level. Like a healing trainer or a DPS trainer dummy.. Once you learn how to play the HC you are then allowed to leave the training zone...

Nothing more annoying than a newb at high level.. nothing even more annoying than seeing so many newbs applying to raid guilds having very little clue how to play the class.
    Iila likes this.
  19. Zamiam Augur

and yet your ok with them offering HC up to max lvl ? when you just stated " Nothing more annoying than a newb at high lvl "
  20. Nagrom New Member

Comment and a question.

I have no characters anywhere near max level - my highest is in the 80s. I'm a casual player. Some weeks I have zero playtime, others, I can play for 3 or 4 hours. Very occasionally, I can play for longer. That said, I have a friend who started playing EQ and recently he was somewhat complaining how slow leveling was becoming as he moved up in level.

My response to him was to stop worrying about leveling. When I stopped, that is when the game became much more enjoyable to me.

The guild I'm in is very helpful. They are always willing to help me with HAs, dailies, or just doing some sort of grinding. The problem is returning the favor. We don't have many lower levels to help, and I can't raid with them yet. THAT would be my only reason for buying a 100-105 level toon - to run the raids with my guild.

I see both sides of the coin when it comes to paying for a high-level character, but my primary con is related to fairness to upper level players, and my primary pro is more that it is pretty lonely in the lower levels.

Now my question is regarding the argument that people need the time to learn to play their class. I do get that, but at what level do you start to learn how to play a particular class at the highest levels of the game? A level 10 enchanter is nothing like a level 40 enchanter is nothing like a level 80 or 90 enchanter. Is there a level at which the learning gained in the lower levels is simply outdated?