Tower of Rot Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

I think this should be changed to at least make it so the event does not reset on fail.

Sorry but this dang mission is 100x harder than just about anything else in the expansion. It is so far beyond over tuned even compared to doing all of the TDS quest and missions.

i am thinking maybe can do this easier once fully TBM raid geared with the mercs.. or maybe even have to wait till get level 110..

but at that point any one should be able to solo a mission that is this old.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

Until there mana regen dicho is nerfed. then be really SOL..
  3. Aghinem Augur

We finally beat it tonight -

Thanks for all the suggestions. We had a full group of players, 2 SKs - 2 Clerics - 1 Mage - 1 Berserker. Having the clerics interchange with smite really made a huge difference. Was still extremely hard, but we muscled through it.

Thank you all again =)
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Congrats.

But did you get all 3 cheevements? ^ . ^
  5. Reval Augur

good work!
  6. Tour Augur

Congrats!
  7. easyJet Apprentice

Congrats.

I love the mission, just burned out on it trying to get the aug.
  8. Thraine Augur

I highly doubt they did with no mezzer. You guys are making this task out to be way harder than it really is. all you need is 1 tank, 1 pet class, 1 cleric, 1 bard/chanter, 1 ranger and then the last person can be anything, thats how ive drug people through this task before while getting all 3 achievments at lvl 100. Now we are at lvl 105 and have TBM group gear which is just as strong as CotF raid gear.

I think asking for the task to be tuned is not the answer, i think the tuning that needs to happen is in the players
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

I love having at least one challenging mission in an expansion (and I'd like to see more). People who suck or box too much or can't apply strategy or don't take a proper group are going to struggle with it, and that's exactly how it should be.

EQ is absurdly easy 99% of the time -- and it's probably that way by design, because any time there's an actual challenge people just take to the forums and whine about stuff being retuned instead of rising to the occasion.
    Tour likes this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

I never got that augment from that mission. At this point I will handle my Magelo not having that extra 20 h/m/e from that aug replacing my weakest. I can live without :)
  11. Brohg Augur

I got all achievements from Tower of Rot at level 100, and several augments for valued friends. I was not in group gear, but my raid outfit was from VoA - so not exactly the current hotness. Relevantly, I never beat the mission at 100 with less than six, or anyone botting, nor any mercenaries.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.