Test Update 03/09/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Arcturion, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Sokon Augur

Many players will return to Zek. It was a very popular playstyle for those that like PvP. The problem was that it was so much harder to progress there and when you have people leave your guild constantly so they can go progress on blue, that kills the guilds.

Hopefully with this change, Zek will have a stronger player base and more than 1 raid guild in a year or so from now.

It definately got way worse before it got any better, but still this change needed to eventually come.

thanks dev team!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

At least they did it, long over due but its done. Was a reasonable request from the beginning.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

Maybe I missed the explanation for the necro nerfs between here and last patch notes...... or maybe they will make Flesh2poisin useful again and it will only be a bullet in the second release of notes buried 3/4 of the way down.
  4. Reval Augur

Who did you play on Zek in the past 2 years Sokon? It's not going to happen. PDM still being in the game is what made Zek Zek. It's retired now. It's not going to come back because I was the leader of the guild, and I'm done. I'm not going to try to round up another raid force, I did that before this point when it was sensible to have done that. Go ahead, try and prove me wrong. My word is basically law on this one. Everything that was good on that server, that I was trying to push for this change to keep, it's gone now. And now they make the change. Brilliant work on not listening to someone who treated keeping your server alive like a full time job. They've lost every chance of this happening.
    Kravitz likes this.
  5. Hludwolf Developer

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am happy that there are those who like this Zek change.
  6. Sokon Augur

Reval fought for this change and desired it up until he and his guild quit playing on Zek, ever since then he has complained about it, to be spiteful or maybe he has a grudge that it wasn't done in time to save his guild. I spent a couple years raiding in pdm as well Reval and it was too bad to see them fold. Regardless, a good change is still a good change and there is still a raiding guild on Zek. There are still players grouping on Zek. This change still does benefit some people. So get over it. People will return there, return also if you miss the server, if not stop trying to derail progress that you wanted to happen so badly less than one year ago. See the positive in it or move on and forget about Zek all together.
  7. Reval Augur

Who do you play on Zek Sokon? I would have figured you would have sent me a tell if you had=/.

It's not a damned if you do damned if you don't my good sir. If you'd done it like the 5+ years ago you guys had originally been asked about this or even the 1 year ago that was the last time it was requested, it would be gravy. I guess the way businesses work they wait to the point of failure instead of listening to requests because greed. That has it's price unfortunately. That's my gripe with it. Also, look at the dev responses on the thread and tell me I should view them favorably. The first one says "hey don't 'bump a thread' in response to me replying to someone else that had just posted minutes before that, and the second one .. well I'll just assume the poor guy was having a rough day. I don't count it against him since I view the real issues as above him in the company.

I had supported and built up a structure on that server over the course of 15 years and this was probably the largest issue that eroded it to a point where the guild is now retired. It's like if you had a dog that died a 5 months ago, and some veterinarian digs him up and starts performing open heart surgery on the corpse. I'm glad for advances in dog surgery and all, but doesn't really help. When you really have skin in the game, yes this sort of thing can be painful to see. Unlike a lot of people, I had said skin.

It's great to say "sure just restart everything". People are gone now. That's how they work. I'm not going to cold call 100+ people and hope to get back 40 of them from whatever they moved on to. Have fun with whatever benefit you get from this change though. Logic wise it's a great change, timing wise I hope you can understand the issue from your third person standpoints.
    Burstaf likes this.
  8. Greaseman Journeyman

I read somewhere that this is going to be a significant increase in mana cost, initial damage and damage per tick. Will the shard augments like Irae Faycite Shard: Glistenwing Blood also have a proportionate increase?
  9. Zalnima New Member

Holy negative nancy Reval! Something will sprout on zek again and even if it doesnt, were havin fun, so whatever. Also Sokon was on sokon pretty sure he was in mat for a bit with us.
  10. Reval Augur

I'm more like an Honest Hank. Enjoy my coattails kiddo.
  11. Tantelus New Member

Thanks devs! Now send us some blue players to kill!
  12. Sokon Augur

I think it is unfortunate what has happened with Zek. I know you did alot for the server and your guilds that you were in. We were guilded together. You obviously spent more time working on the server for people, as you were there longer than me, so I can see how you would be more frustrated, but I always have a positive outlook no matter the circumstances. This change can't hurt the server, migth help the current guild there, and I support it and will continue to support good changes made to Zek.

Atleast I have participated in the forums, alot of pvp players never get on or make asingle post. I used to yell at people to get onthe forums. I felt it was partly the community's fault for lettign the server die over the years, but anyways atleast the Devs have an ear to the concerns now and are actually putting in a change. That is a positive thing, to try to diminish that or continue complaining is a little childish.

I see it as possibly a new/better relationship with the devs, and perhaps another positive change could be worked on instead of complaining about how late this one took to make happen. Yes, it got a lot worse before it got any better, now let's ride the better(not bitter) wave.
  13. Xanadas Augur

This is great. It always bugged me that the xp in places like BW made it essentially stupid to level up and enjoy any other zone in the area except the zones with huge xp bonuses. Now it makes sense to go out and explore the game while not wondering to yourself "am I am idiot for not just grinding in bw?"
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  14. Fooba Augur

Change the inventory stats window to show over 1000 heroics.
  15. Takhizis Journeyman

Is this something the Dev team is working towards for all DoT classes?
  16. mackal Augur

17. -wycca Augur

Still no fix for the transmorg/race change scrolls skill bug. Ie, race change into Dark Elf, hide does not work...ever. =/
  18. Sinzz Augur

- The following sound settings will now be saved on a per character basis. If a character does not yet have their settings saved they will default to the values already set by the last character that was logged in:
    - - Sound Volume
    - - Music Volume
    - - Sound Realism
    - - Combat Music Enabled
    - - Environmental Sounds Enabled
    Thank you :)
    Dzarn likes this.
  19. Leifen Augur

So once again the timer on test gets messed up and we can no longer do the task "Liquid Courage" which should be available till April 27th. It's gone more than a month early. Why does this happen every time anything is available? I mean every single time.
  20. Lawyer Augur

Please revisit pet mitigation and damage for mages.

1. Mages are a DPS class with little else to offer raids (COTH?), yet we are at the bottom of the DPS list on parses in TLP. We have no lures, nothing in the cold/disease/poison lines, and our pets have had their DPS severely nerfed. Please reassess the changes you made to the Mage class in TLP; you swung the nerf bat many, many times, and you need to resuscitate the crushed corpse.
    2. The Epic pet for Mages is only a slight DPS increase over a focused water pet, and in many cases, is a DPS *decrease* due to the additional aggro the stun generates on raids. This is one of the most difficult epics to get, and used to be a defining feature of the Mage class. Now it is questionable in value (beyond the stats of the orb). Please revisit this epic on TLP.
    3. White dragonscale cloak does not increase spell damage to the full extent listed on item. It's lucky to add 10% damage against light gray mobs. I'm assuming all Imp Dmg 3 items are the same.