How come Kunark AoC's get yanked immediately for a bug but double HT goes broken for months?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Tudadar Augur

You already said that your guild abused the unbuffed trakanon instance mechanic for free kill/teeth in instance and it was questionable.

I have no probs with increased spawn timers. You guys can go after uninstanced trakanon sometime also. Enough teeth for the whole server there if u guys win dps race ^_^

Instances arent meant to give everyone the same amount of content as the top guild. They are meant to make sure people have the possibility of raiding the content without being completely locked out by the top guilds.

Getting free teeth/keys from a two groupable mob when a good amount of guilds still cant kill the buffed version should have been fixed and was. If people arent happy with the set timetable that they can loot teeth they can either compete for it on the regular spawn or complain to devs for charity or put the time in and earn the keys. Free teeth/keys to random guilds puts unearned unnecessary pressure on the top guild to be even more active in VP or lose mobs.
  2. Vaclav Augur

One 65 man raid - we didn't go out of our way to exploit it particularly - was L55 average with 65 people (and a number of L60 "trinity") - we likely stood a shot, just I wouldn't expect it to be a slam dunk.

We've got lives that don't permit that as a rule of thumb. Not to mention we had a mantra of "races" being mobilization only, not DPS racing nonsense that gets into all sorts of dark .

Not to say we won't if we have to - but it's absolutely not our preference.

So what does shutting them down for 2-3 weeks more than likely do again... Oh yea...

But good to show another hypocrite over there - zero complaints about increased teeth under a circumstance you can control... tons of consternation over one you cannot and no concern or dare I say glee over others losing all current raid content for weeks.

Keep in mind this is a PRIMARY SERVER FEATURE that is not functioning.
  3. bodes Augur

That's exactly the joke... someone demanding something that is impossible to get immediately.
    Whizbang and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Crackers Elder

Translation: We have a massive zerg, so we can man the mob watch 24/7 with more people than you get on primetime hours. And we have to take every mob for at least 5 weeks in order to get enough teeth for our people. Then we'll continue to -block the server on teeth because we can't gear all 500 of our members. Because we're winning like Charlie Sheen! YEAH o_O

5. Tudadar Augur

Damn its too bad they shut them down for 2-3 weeks.

Nm, they were shut down for a day and you keep the free teeth. Grats!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Vaclav Augur

We'll see if they're fixed properly now. But it's very comforting to see the last similar errors weren't a sign of continuing precedent. With such a rush I'm not sure whether to expect them to have said "Screw it, we'll let the error ride until patch day" or "Let's get that fixed ASAP"

And the "free teeth" we still might have been able to handle, as we took a full raid that was a little low level, but on the "skin of our teeth" level range - not impossible. We'll see next week how likely our success would've been.
    Tudadar likes this.
  7. Pictarous Augur

So arguably the defining feature of the server is again taken down instantly, and a 2 month old bug is left in because it's "complicated", left in a snarky response after finally some community interaction.

And we give these people money.
  8. Tulgin Augur

Where are you getting this nonsense from? As far as I'm concerned, open world mobs should be removed, they serve no purpose on this server.

If you can't get enough teeth on instanced raids, to get to another instanced raid, you din dun made yur game wrong.
  9. GrugSA Augur

Funny part about this is you accidentally already fixed the HT bug in one fungus camp. Might wanna look into how that happened to fix the bug... or you can just make snarky forum posts for upvotes
  10. Pseudofate Augur

[IMG]

But that is a lie.
  11. Batbener Augur

Back in my day, necros would have used pathing bugs, their insta click invis hat, FD, and abused the out of double HT mobs. Kids today...
    Lardon likes this.
  12. Lawyer Augur

Any guesses on the "issue tracking" software that Daybreak uses?

Post It™ notes?
  13. Vaclav Augur

14. Tudadar Augur

Hope they peel them off sideways!
  15. Lardon Journeyman

Yes, mobs HT hard now... meaning you have to use your brain for once to get xp. That's a good thing for the community.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. yerm Augur

Use your brain = not fight SK NPCs until high level.

GOT IT!
  17. Kevron Journeyman

Please go attempt to XP in Kurn's Tower at the appropriate level and get back to us. It's not a matter of difficulty. The current state of the game (in this regard) is completely broken.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Not only is this absurd - but your forum name is absurd.

Are you a enormous bacon fan or something?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

20. Garanle Elder

The only way this is true is if you avoid the mobs. Last month if you were in hole, for example, you had to use enchanter pets to pull the bottom camps. I would pull what looked like a single mob and get loading pls wait as 3 would HT you.

If you look at Seb, around the crypt, knowing that the frogs are going to hit you for 1k per HT you can plan as a tank for it. Every now and then a 3 pull is going to get someone killed. Most people down there know the roaming patterns by now. I have heard howling stones and parts of chardok can more of a nightmare.

All that aside, I see that adding the buff to the mob was a small task compared to combing through code written by multiple people over 10 years to find why its getting double.