Make instances on zek non pvp.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reval, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Thraine Augur

yeah how dare these people complain about a service they pay for, they should know by now that the customer is always wrong :p
  2. Reval Augur

I'm sure Prathun was under a lot of pressure, but overall the situation isn't one that I think could be defended. The people making decisions should have decided to fix the server. They obviously didn't.

Free transfers off the server for the people that haven't quit is the least I'd expect. Maybe just invert the current structure so it's free to leave Zek to go anywhere else, and it costs a token or whatever the normal fee is for a server transfer to go to Zek instead free to go to Zek, costs to leave Zek. What's sad also is I expect incoming posts from blue players about how "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO CODE!" even though they have no idea. I'd say it's easily fair to say based off of many examples that the community outside of Zek has also failed this server.

I'll remind you that that's not favorable for any of the people that really played on Zek. It's saying "We know we royally screwed this one up. Please go through the pains of basically starting over socially, and just hope for the best. We're sorry that we basically screwed up something you put up to 15 (16? 17?) years into. We realize as a company that when people make an investment like that, we should care more about it than we did here, and that we should have responded more to requests. We realize that this also falls into the 'least we could do' category. We can't express enough how badly we have messed this one up, in the future we'll try not just to be more considerate, but to even be considerate at all, because that is truly where we're at here as a company, and no matter what we say about it, we know that people realize this." But even something that bad and pathetic is still better than nothing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Reval Augur

You know, why not just make all server transfers free? Not like you have to do more work to any realistic extent when people move servers, it's just a bit of processing. That way if anyone's not happy, and has a large investment in the game, they can try something else. You should profit by things in the store that make people happy. Server transfers often don't quite fit that bill, they're a patch to issues caused by a system that is out of the player's control, and can at times be unfair towards the player. What if you were on the euro server when they had lag issues, and felt you had to leave the server to even play the game - you're paying money to compensate for Daybreak's failings... very bad policy. Also people have requested server merges, and this is the easiest way to fix that problem, as people can move themselves to a more ideal balance that suits everyone's needs.

It would be a start to show that you mean well.
    Zdravko likes this.
  4. Reval Augur

Or if you want to show that you don't mean well, you can rename the game to Com-Quest, and get bought out by Comcast. That would be a fun way to show that you're inherently bad people. (they actually censored it out as one word, I had to use a hyphen lol.. do other companies also realize that comcast is that bad?)
    Zdravko likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I haven't read through all the posts and I don't play on Zek but no pvp in instances for Zek makes sense.
  6. Sokon Augur

This thread is still about the name of it's topic, can't change that.

This change is happening, go here and vote and it will happen faster:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500

your eq account login info will not work. Please register an account(with different info than your eq account as this is a third party site) and show your support by voting on this issue there. This is dev's workflow issue tracker/project management site.
  7. Reval Augur

Too late. It's just too late for them to do this. They have failed us. They should suck it up and do the right thing.
    Iila and Arvins like this.
  8. Orkpork Journeyman

Reval!! Come to xeg and show these people how to play an enchanter!!
  9. Silv Augur

Oh hey... the fixed Zek instances. After everyone quit. o_O

Good effort at player retention, eh?
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

Rome wasn't build in a day?
    Better late than never?
    At least they tried?
    I can't think of any more.
  11. Silv Augur

I applaud your optimism...
  12. Reval Augur

Behold the Odyssean tragedy of Reval Attorneyatlaw.

But it really is too late. If Daybreak wants my advice on fixing zek, they should develop a time machine and go back to a point where I would have given it to them. They're obviously not following it in this instance, as unfortunate as it is.
  13. Arvins Lorekeeper

I'd post a reply with some content to the topic, but it like the last 7 of my replies would be censored. As you said Reval, its too late, it was great playing for your team.
  14. Reval Augur

But if they delete your post, it means they've read it. Think about how much they value your opinion to have read all 7 posts.

Even through the tragedy, it was fun. Truly an experience that I don't think anyone will ever see again in this game.
  15. Blurred_Memories Augur

I have an idea.... perhaps if you ask for a TLP PVP server...
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Arvins Lorekeeper

I bet a certain censor is subscribed to all my posts and gets all hot in the pants every time I post something.
    I'd go for tlp pvp server, however, I did really like my toons on Zek that I put years into.
  17. Evantil Drop Bear Spite Golem

Go check the test update notes. You mostly got your wish.
  18. Sokon Augur

I have posted a new idea, one that would help the Zek server. I support any idea that supports the pvp system inthe game and enables it to thrive.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-756

The idea is to allow Zek to operate similarly to the test and beta servers with a character copy function.

Making the idea a reality wold require 2 things:

• copied characters would have to have all items flagged no drop and stripped of platinum upon copy
    • the pvp kill system wouldhave to change slightly so that it kept track of kills even after someone from a blue server recopied the same character to Zek again, as many would want to do this after getting gear etc but wihtout losing their kill record.
    Implementing such a change would give everyone on all the blue servers something else to do once they reach end game. It would provide more exposure to Zek without peole having to actually movelog their characters to the server. Players could still movelog to Zek if they so chose to become full pvp characters.

I will also post this in it's own post, pleas esupport it if you think it is a good idea.

Past original ideas of mine that were implemented: The PvP kill serverwide announcement system.
  19. Iila Augur

Maybe in two years.

Oh, but this is more complex, since any kind of character duplication has tons of exploits. And characters can transfer off Zek with gear, so this is pretty much dead in the water unless transfers off zek are removed.
  20. Sokon Augur

Yes I agree, it's very important that the implementation was done in such a way that the copied characters in no way could be exploitable in any way. The devs have dealt with char copies to beta and test, I am sure they have the experience to implement such a change appropriately.