Whats with Halo of the Enlightened from Plane of Fear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnome_king, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Gnome_king Journeyman

Are the stats on this purposely crappy, i understand it says raid progression is included, is this on purpose, this was never the case before. Or is this a bug that will be fixed?
  2. Riou EQResource

? It looks similar to the other t1 charms

It's probably #3 out of 5 for charm stats when maxed out (unless it can't exceed 100% like Desire does)
  3. Gnome_king Journeyman

It includes raid progression in the way it calculates its power, no other charms have done that in past expansions. I am maxed quested in grp, and its worse then exigio from TDS... like alot worse
  4. Riou EQResource

Well it comes from a Raid mob, it seems like both progression charms from Raid mobs require Raids to power up on top of Group stuff, the Group ones from Group mobs don't.

I imagine it is an intended change otherwise they would probably be the same power up.
  5. mackal Augur

It scales exactly like Desire, so I guess it can't exceed 100%
  6. Uuvin Augur

It does scale past what is listed on Lucy. when I first got it, it was about 4k hp (91 or 92% on Magelo). I was fully completed on group tasks and did not have CT or any SUL kills ( boromas / anashti). It was lower than Exigo for me so I did not actually use it yet. After killing Boromas it went up higher, but I do not remember how much. We then took down Anashti and I am using the charm now. The only "raid progression" I am now missing is Cazic Thule. The charm is currently ac 212, 4839 HP, 4697 Mana - basically 109%. I expect higher with the defeat of fear completing progression. There is a slight discrepancy on the heroic stats - its actually 1 point lower than Magelo shows at 109% on heroic stuff ( except 2 points lower on str and 4 on charisma).
  7. Thraine Augur

i could be wrong, but i dont think hate and fear count towards any kind of progression
  8. Nightops Augur

Our raid force got one of these a few weeks ago. They do seem to be pretty rare on the loot table.

I think the better question for the devs would be why make a charm effected by raid completion and put it on the loot table of one of the first raids which guilds can complete.

I would think a reasonable adjustment would be to make it effected by completion of the Fear & Hate zones.
  9. MrMajestykx Augur

Pretty much same seal as Deisre as I see it, group task AND raid, nothing has changed, its included both from the word go..

This charm gains power as you complete group tasks and raid flagging within The Broken Mirror
  10. Axxius Augur

Halo is the best caster charm in game. It does power up past 100% and it does require raid progression to do so.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  11. Silv Augur

Well it seems a bit ridiculous that with all group progression done and all but 3 raid events completed the stats are barely at 4k HME, making Exigio still vastly superior until your guild completes the entire expansion more or less :confused:
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

not sure Exigio would be worth it with missing events as well but that being said, I ve never looted/bought a charm with that lore UNTIL I maxxed out everything, raids included, was always afraid what the hit would be depending on what I was missing and thus not making it a upgrade over my current one. Desire is now my third such charm.
  13. Axxius Augur

Halo with maxed stats:

[IMG]

There is nothing wrong with having to complete the expansion to max the stats on the best item. TBM is much easier than TDS already, and there are several other charms with stats better than Exigio that can be maxed without finishing TBM.
  14. Gnome_king Journeyman

TDS charm----Exigio---Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in all The Darkened Sea zones.

COFT charm---- Jerard, the Doll of Silent Confessions----Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in early Call of the Forsaken zones.

ROF charms....Trusty Length of Rope--Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in Tier 1 Rain of Fear zones.
    Fear Fruit Seed--Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in Tier 1 and Tier 2 Rain of Fear zones
    Quintence of Shadow--Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Rain of Fear zones.
    Key of Memory--Increases in power as you complete more quests and missions in all Rain of Fear zones. Previous Expacts progressed without raid content.... this is my beef not the max stats
  15. Silv Augur

Exigio is 4300 HME, 15 heroics maxxed for doing only GROUP content.

Halo doesn't even come close to that with only missing a few raids and all group content done.

Of course the person in the guild who finished in the top 5 would find no flaw whatsoever with making both group and raid progression required.:rolleyes: Why weren't you lobbying for this in the previous expansions for the best charm?

The fact there are better charms available than Exigio not requiring progression are completely irrelevant to this conversation.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If you want a charm that only Requires Group Content, then get the Group Charm.

http://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=147025

Honestly I'm surprised Raid progression hasn't been required previously on those charms, and imo the Raid charm should get better as you Complete Raid progression with group content not affecting it.
    MrMajestykx, Yinla and Axxius like this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Because there were far more important things to lobby for.

We finally get a charm that rewards raid progression, and somebody is unhappy. :rolleyes:

It's totally relevant. Your complaint would be valid if there was no upgrade over Exigio available without completing the raids. But there are multiple options. You are not losing out at all. You get a larger than ever upgrade from the previous expansion (thanks to the addition of the type 5).

Halo is an EXTRA reward. If finishing raids is not an option for you, just forget about Halo and go with any other charm. Without completing the expansion you won't be getting Mask of Immortal's End either. Or the combined Eyes aug.

You want to get the ultimate items without completing the expansion. Do you not see how ridiculous that is?
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

There are 5 or so TBM charms that progress without raid content. More that any of the previous expansions.

Look at it from this angle: your beef is that they added an extra charm that rewards raid progression.
  19. Sancus Augur

The real issue is the charm requires that you have enough motivation to do group progression...
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Apparently Relife Adornment is not motivation enough? Or stat mount upgrade? Or best trophy in game?