Guild Hall Yard... Please!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kamiko, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kamiko New Member

Can we PLEASE increase the number of items allowed in guild hall yards to something more friendly than 210?

The Guild Yard count should be high enough that guilds can build something to be proud of. Imagine the guild fortresses we could build with a higher yard count!
    Duder, Nennius, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hayzeus Augur

They don't care about housing. This will never happen. Players have repeatedly asked for it again and again and again over the years. Instead, they shut down the housing forum. Shutting down the forum means that housing related posts get lost in the bickering of the Veteran's Lounge, and within a day they are typically lost to the blackened depths of buried pages. So yeah, just do the math. They don't care.

Some players have correctly expressed to Daybreak that their Marketplace sales would increase in line with these yard limit increases. Many players that utilize the housing/guild yard decoration aspect of this game are at the ridiculously low limits. If Daybroke increased these limits, those players would start buying marketplace decorations again. For some reason, the increased revenue is not enough of an incentive to pay attention to this issue.

HAVING SAID THAT... there is a thread open at the EQ Tracking site that is in support of an increase to the yard limits. You can find it at this link, and if you are so inclined to do so... please add your signature to the pile. You should note that of the list of requested improvements, this one is second on the list for most votes. Unfortunately, the only thing people will tell you is that they don't perform activities based on the number of requests. So yah, even a large turn out won't negate their apathy towards player housing

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-32

Just another one of the many straws that broke this camel's back.

Good luck
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Kamiko New Member

Thank you very much for this answer.

It explain a lot...

Good luck to you.
  4. Ssdar Augur

For this issue specifically it might be an issue with loads on the instance. since whenever you load a neighborhood it has to load the information for ALL the yards in that village. They may have run calculations and decided that the current number of placeable items in all the house and guild plots combined was the maximum that a village could handle, which is why it's a little more lenient inside houses, especially with moving objects like pets.

The only solution I could really see to this is to make another village type buyable that only has a small number of houses and a single guild hall plot and those could have much higher yard count restrictions. This is something that would take some development time though and those few player houses would be in very high demand and I could see it leading to guild drama in some guilds.

I don't think it's that they don't care about housing, I think it's more that there isn't really a convenient solution to this issue.
  5. Maedhros High King

There is little doubt that this was correct in 2010 when houses were introduced.
    There was almost certainly some forethought given to the worst case scenario, where every single one of the 70+ plots in each neighborhood was filled to the max with creatively placed items!!!! Oh the LAG!!!

That never ever took place, and the reality is that by far, most houses are at a mere fraction of the already low limits of placed items. How many plots have no house and just a few trophies thrown on the ground? Certainly most neighborhoods are not chewing up any kind of serious resources.

Combine this with the leaps and bounds that storage and memory technologies improve each year, I can see no issue whatsoever that would negatively impact the performance of a housing zone if the plot limits on both individual houses and guildhalls were increased significantly. It just isnt an issue.

Daybreak could even create a marketplace item that a player would purchase to increase the plot limits, which as was noted, would in turn lead to buying even more items from the marketplace.

The true problem is that Daybreak is allergic to money. They do not like to make it, and any simple changes that would lead to increased revenue are contrary to the core values of the company.

"Hold on just a second Williams, you mean to tell me that we could still be selling the collection edition Bixie Hives and Evantil Abodes to people? Thank Tunare we cut those revenue opportunities out and that crisis was averted!"
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I would love if it went up to say 500 or 1000 and if they let us use all 4 guild yards in a guild village. I spent so much on housing stuff in the Marketplace to build my castle around my palatial guild hall yard and I could do so much more with it if there were less restrictions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Maedhros High King

It is certainly baffling why they said "we will only allow ourselves to make this set amount of money off players that love to use the marketplace items to spruce up their houses and guild halls".

On the inside of the guild hall, when it starts to get up around 2000 items, we feel the lag, so I get that.

On the outside there is basically zero lag. The limit should certainly go up on the outsides of guild halls and on both inside and outside of normal plots.
    Let us buy the Bixie house, Evantil abode and Pirate ship as individual items in the market place for like 5000 Daybreak cash. Why wouldnt they like to make that money?

Maybe now that EqNext is dead, we can start thinking of more ways to get money out of the EQ playerbase to fund more content. Its pretty simple economics. The more money you reinvest wisely in a business, typically the more money you get out of it!
    KarmaKitty and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Bobokin Augur

I agree. Even a bump to 250 would help.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nice thread resurrection...
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Sobmre Augur

just make it unlimited, not like anyone will care or notice the lag in the zone where they will prolly be the only one in
  11. Bobokin Augur

I did a search, and there was already a topic on what I wanted to post.

Obviously, nothing has been done since, so I asked a Cleric for a topic rez.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I doubt they would consider an unlimited amount. I don't want a laggy zone either, but 250 or 260 shouldn't cause too many problems.

If they had done this right, they would have created more than one type of guild/housing zone. If a zone had just one large guild lawn, it could have more items.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Is a change from 210 to 250 going to crash the zones?
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Noone cares about housing... the only thing it is good for is storing lots of junk in crates since our banking system is still from the ice age and sucks.
    Newb Tank likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you know there are more than one housing fanatic that posts pictures of their creations in these forums? Some are very awesome and you can create a level one character on those servers and go look at them. There were also player housing contests on EQ Resource. And then there was the infamous "Legend of Fear House'

Here is a link from the forums and if look thru the link then watch for the names Vlad and Tsolaes - and a few others. These guys rock at creating real art in EQ
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-legend-of-the-fear-house.218867/

Many players do not find housing of interest to them but that is not to say its only good for storing things. It just not their "bag" (see what I did there:p)

I never use crates because they cost plat to upkeep and don't hold much. You can get free rent houses to store more items in if that's what you need.
  16. Knighted Journeyman

Some players don't care, but others do. They have nice houses and yards.

Some guilds have near empty guild halls. Others have well done detailed guild halls and yards.

To the OP's point, this is not about house yards, it is about guild hall yards. Obviously, there should be limits, but 210 gets used up quickly because large items often require smaller items to build them.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bobokin like this.
  17. Angahran Augur

Would love to be able to get something that simply increases stored item limit, e.g. Traders Vault - Allows 1000 items, tradeskill only. Allow multiple on a single plot.
    Ssdar likes this.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

DP is just protecting your property values. They know allowing more items in the yard is just going to lead to this...

[IMG]
    Fenthen, dreadlord, Tatanka and 6 others like this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

I am disappointed that the devs are not even chiming in on this topic.

So much more could have been done to make guildhalls, houses, and neighborhoods better and more realistic in Everquest. I guess all the devs with a vision in this area are working on EQ2.
    Khyrra likes this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

Is 210 hard coded?

Is it 7bit with 210 locations and 8 other variables used for something else?