3 or 4 boxing group level TDS question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gregwarrian, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Gregwarrian Journeyman

Running a warrior (all aas, almost all tier3 tds group armor, all augs 37 ac or higher). And boxing a druid, cleric, and shaman, sometimes swapping out druid for wizzy (all level 105, most aas and most tier 1 tds gear) I wasn't able to take out two combine nameds after about 8 hours, many attempts, and splitting group to max mercs for healing and burn. Is this normal for Combine dredge and Arx?

P.S. If you are going to troll please be original in style :)
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Which named? There are a few that have really crappy mechanics for certain classes. (I'm looking at you, Pria in CD)
  3. Mayfaire Augur

I worked through my hunters with my box crew of warrior, druid and mage. There were definitely a couple of names in CD that were just hell. Nothing in Arx was as bad as a couple of those names, if memory serves. Sheex mentioned one of them, Pria was a pain.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It is a very tough zone for nameds. As Sheex said, there are some mobs with special mechanics like damage shields (your warrior will kill himself no matter how many healers you have, if you don't stop attacking) and dots (I do use the druid to help with cures, if only so mercs don't interrupt their healing). Audio triggers are almost a must for these mechanics for me.

I have done the TDS group content 3-boxing an SK, druid, and either a wizzy or a necro, however, the SK probably had a piece or two of raid gear (and that makes a huge difference). 2 wizzy mercs and 1 healer merc. Healer merc does 99% of the healing (not my druid). I haven't done it before, but boxing three priests seems like it would be very slow going.

On the rare occasion where I will bring out a second healer merc, I make sure and set one to Reactive and one to Balanced. There are some very long events where I will use three healer mercs, but only for mana issues (one is always on passive, regenning). I don't recall any events like that in Combine.
  5. Gregwarrian Journeyman

Thank you all so much for the informative answers. I got real discouraged and haven't logged in in a while. Guess I just need to do my research, check logs and give it another go :)

Thanks Again!
  6. Gundolin Augur

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the game that can't molo all of the Combine wearing gear I picked up in Crushbone. ;)

Actually I can't help since I'm still slowly focusing on the Merc quests in Combine but I would like to hear which two are giving you trouble and how you got through it.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

I'd be interested in your spell lineup for the cleric and how your casting. I often raided with a warrior who also boxed a cleric and when I checked the parse he was spamming Light, Yaulp, Light, Yaulp the whole time..........this is not effective.
  8. Endless Augur

I think I was 4, maybe 5 boxing when I did Combine Dredge. Warrior, cleric, enchanter, shaman and wizard at some point. I think I was running it as #1 Warrior/enchanter/wizard/heal merc X2 and wiz merc #2 Cleric/shaman and a heal merc. Didn't really have a problem with any Dredge or Arx nameds.,including Pria . Are you doing Pain Doesn't Hurt +Last Stand?
  9. Gregwarrian Journeyman

It was praetor ledalus Thaddaeus that I had the trouble with. I did use last stand but didn't get enough dps in to kill him. Didn't use Pain Doesn't Hurt, will absolutely look into that Also didn't use spell rune aas, looks like I need to do that to. I have the cleric spam highest level fast heal, promised heal and group heal with cure. I use 4 keyboards so I only alternate two keys with left hand for cleric. Mercs have all their health and heal aas.
  10. Roxxanna Augur

For the cleric, I'd suggest a bind of Ward of Surety, Spiritual Remedy, Graceful Remedy, and 15th, in that order, and another bind key with group heals Syllable and Word. In addition, make sure to use Celestial Regen.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Endless Augur

Not sure how accurate this is, but still very useful. I started playing my warrior July/2015 after many years away from EQ and have not raided or been in a raid guild since my return so have no guidance and just been guessing my way through. Good enough is good enough for me, so if what I do works, I don't look for what works better. And so far, just popping Pain Doesn't Hurt + Last Stand has always been enough, but I have even more boxes, overheal like crazy and multiple wizards, so DPS is pretty good.

Found this thread http://fafguild.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10736722 and I think it'll be very useful for me and probably you. There is a lot of things I am not doing and appearntly my combo of PDH+Last Stand doesn't make as much difference as I thought, but with my healing set-up I could take nameds without popping any disc now, so didn't really notice.
  12. Abwoon New Member

it would do you a lot of good to get your box crew the TBM group gear drops (raw crypt hunter). very simple to get and very big updates compared to TDS group gear (very close to arx raid gear levels, depending on how you choose to stack your aug stats).
  13. WhycantIlogin New Member

I sent you our raiding clerics healing guide in a pm gregwarrian, its a lot of info but it should help a lot with heal output with only 2 or 3 buttons to press.
  14. Gregwarrian Journeyman

Wow, Thank you so much you all. I guess I got so hung up on what I was hunting I forgot how much this game is about the great community that plays it!!
    Mayfaire likes this.
  15. Gundolin Augur

Any chance you can send me a copy as well? :) Always good to get fresh ideas