XP Changes Post-Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ducreux, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Machen New Member

It wasn't that the group bonus was so good, it was that the per kill exp cap was so low that the extra experience you got per mob from soloing was mostly eliminated.
  2. Machen New Member

Exact same group makeup in both cases? You are right that it could vary at different levels, but the levels of your group members can make a big difference too.
  3. Brumski Augur

25% is consistent with my own test. Disappointing comes to mind. 50% would have been reasonable, 100% would have been great (felt like a good rate during the double exp days).

A 25% increase to what was 1/3 of RFLJ exp is still less than half the xp rate RF LJ originally was. DBG did it again.....got everyone's hopes up and disappointed. I feel like a kid that got underwear and socks for Christmas.
  4. Ducreux Augur

There's no way they did anything other than change the server's global experience modifier.

I wish I had thought to do this yesterday when I had more time, I could have redwined a character on both servers to level 10 but I only found out the patch was coming out today about an hour before the servers came down so made due.

I really wish the EQ team was more transparent with changes though, so these things wouldn't have to go through this sort of testing. It would take all of a couple minutes for whoever made the changes to pop in and say "Hey, we increased the xp by XX% amount."

It's 2016, we don't want vague patch notes.
  5. Venthos Augur

Then there's those of us who are pleasantly surprised that it is a marginal increase, because we didn't want an increase in the first place. I can deal with 25%, despite that I preferred the original rate. XP zones will remain viable longer and encourage travel to them, versus min/maxing and lightning rounding through the most ideal zones like a 100% boost (double xp) would have. Basically, Phinigel's current very social grouping atmosphere will remain. So, don't loop everyone into being upset about this.
    Renji likes this.
  6. Hythos Augur

What did I do wrong? I turned in 24 stacks of Red Wine at L1 - which brought me to ally reputation, and produced ZERO exp through all of it; (the character was un-grouped).
  7. Renji New Member

While I do feel an increase was needed, I have to agree, the increase we received was surprisingly very well adjusted. I think we should all tip our hats to Daybreak Games (boy is it weird saying that new name).
  8. Brumski Augur

Oops, didn't mean to speak for "Everyone." I should have mentioned that it was only relevant for everyone except that one guy...and that one....maybe a third.

Fast exp, slow exp, people would still be social because of the lack of boxing. Not a single person I grouped with to 50 said they enjoyed the exp rate, but there was plenty of " F this grind....god only X more levels to go...god can't wait to get out of this zone...I just want to cap so I can raid and farm... ". Nearly half of the people I friended while grinding one character to 50 burned out. There'd probably be another 1000 subs (mains and a lot of alts) on PA if the exp didn't feel like such a grind.
    Indrigoth, Bignheavy and Starr like this.
  9. Brumski Augur

Bug. That was something that used to happen pre patch too. I had to get the toon to lvl 2 before the quest would start giving exp for belts a while back.
  10. Kahna Augur

Yeah, I'm disappointing in the increase. It is thoroughly meh. Definitely waiting to level my third alt until Kunark, I just can't do it in Classic again.
  11. taliefer Augur

I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening come kunark and this slow exp. its going to be much more brutal than the grind to 50 was
    Qelyn likes this.
  12. GrugSA Augur

I was 2 boxing 50 chanter 47 cleric both times, ONLY those 2 chars in the grp. EQ has lots of different bonuses and penalties, It's much more likely that the change to XP includes a change to the bonuses and penalties based on the con of a mob. LB and DB got a bigger buff then White, yellow and red.
  13. Bobbydomino Elder

It's not that simple though. I didn't mind the exp so much on my main for the reasons people listed above - rediscovering zones without blasting through them, socializing with groups etc. Now that everyone is 50 though, doing the same on alts feels like a massive grind.

Best analogy would be the boat rides. The first time, it was intriguing and adventurous. The few times after that it was inconvenient but still fun. The 10th time? The 10000th time? F this, give me translocators!
    Indrigoth likes this.
  14. Constellation Augur

I am not complaining, but on my level 12 ranger, I can't tell the difference in EXP on Ragefire. I was expecting something different, but it isn't a huge deal to me. ;)
  15. Maxe Augur

Hours and hours killing undead frogs for nothing I need so I can hope to try raid content on a different toon isn't my favorite thing heh.
  16. Greyowl Augur

So, no kill XP increase on RF and LJ, correct ?
    Never really lvled my chars via hand ins apart from cb belts and lego pads, so that "quest" xp decrease doesnt really bother me.
  17. packmule New Member

Paid shill
  18. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

The very few no life neckbeards who wanna spend hundreds of hours leveling their characters... on a 16 yr old game. Still blows my mind Daybreak makes a shorter lockout cycle for this server, with the main draw "instances" yet makes experience slower?! Completely counter-productive.

Was actually looking forward to playing some EQ again after hitting 50 on the double xp days. What a complete joke this increase is.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  19. Slornak Journeyman

Very disappointed indeed. Now 40% of the original adequate RF xp rate. Oh joy. Finger hovering over 'cancel' right now :-(
  20. ElaidaTL Augur

you should be leveling on phinni anyway nerd.