FI moving to Ragefite?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Furrytoes, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Sneaky Pete New Member

Does this mean that you stop raiding or raid Trak less on LJ, or is this a have cake and eat it too scenario?
  2. Darth Augur

If you want to kill Trakanon, I suggest you start tracking it and actually go try and kill it. We've left it up for up to 10 hours before. No one even zoned in to see if it was up ;)
  3. Kazser New Member

nice so this means more end game content for everyone else on lockjaw? more reasons i like lockjaw for it being low key
    Batbener likes this.
  4. Ebon Elder

Hi Darth , its true I advised the move to RF and as a result, we are in VP. Zaide told me once, "a good leader does whats best for his people." One may call it what they will, but my guild is seeing content previously denied to them. Ill see you when you get here.
  5. DaedorAlive Elder

2 words...rofl copter. I hear Vox server is looking for some clerics?
  6. Progress Augur

Why is this even a thread....We have Phinigel now which requires no socking or "competition". I didn't realize there were still 20 people with 6 boxes socking vs 20 people with 6 boxes socking on the other TLP servers. Why would people waste their time doing this?
  7. Constellation Augur

In the back of my mind I am thinking about the day that Velious launches: /who TWISTED LEGACY ALL Too many players match that result. Now that would be exciting! But wasn't ROI or Qulas the leader of it? That's not that exciting, considering my guild was retail and cleared classic before them. My guild Reign of Eternity vs Reign of Insanity in hate, we got all the mobs easily over them. They were suppose to be some major guild, but twis was not to be!

Velious is a whole new ball game, with so many magical rides.:D
    Drexll likes this.
  8. DaedorAlive Elder

Because some people want to play Everquest, not the ez mode version of InstanceQuest you call home. Run along now.
  9. Progress Augur

If you think instancing is what EQ easy then come along with me.
  10. Constellation Augur

Guilds that merge, couldn't cut it against the competition. I would hardly call myself epic, or compare myself to TL by merging, and merging, and merging. It's just a great sign of a fragile guild.
    Drexll likes this.
  11. BigDog Elder

Well there is but you apparently fail at open world.
  12. DaedorAlive Elder

Naw dog I'll pass. I like to earn my dragon kills.

The encounters (at this point) certainly aren't a challenge. Back in '99 target tracking, politics and dps racing were all part of the game. I'll stick with my authentic experience while you do you.
  13. Progress Augur

Sorry to say, but you are a dying breed. Since DBG has started to apply instances to progression servers I doubt they will release another one that isn't heavily instanced. The result of that is going to be that no one cares (except yourselves) about open world targets or who the best "open world target getter" is on the server. Yes, back in the day the hardcore guilds were revered and admired as having one in your group meant it was going to rock, but now it just means you 6 box, sock, and train other guilds to get your target.
    Rhiyannon, Punchu and Drexll like this.
  14. taliefer Augur

"back in 99" targets were up for literally days on almost every server, there wasnt near the demand for them, and dps racing was not a thing, at all. kill stealing was policed by GMs.
    Rhiyannon, Punchu, Vaclav and 2 others like this.
  15. Constellation Augur

When no one cares they don't take the time to point it out. :)
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  16. Progress Augur

Forums warriors always have the time to point something out!
    Drexll likes this.
  17. Batbener Augur

My wife says this very thing about any instance of everquest. The point is there is no accounting for taste. I prefer to play the game a certain way. I am not "wrong" because I choose to box 4 toons on one computer, and race after raid targets. Even if instanced raiding comes to ragefire, I would still like to go after open world targets. If it doesn't happen, I wont lose sleep over it, because the most important thing for me is boxing. I find playing one toon in this era boring as . I think paying for additional computers when I can run my toons on one computer silly, to say the least. People want a no box server, and they got a traditional box server. I also prefer not to box there because the vast majority of people on the server are opposed to it. I never want to be "that guy" that does things just because he can and he knows it will upset other people. So I play on ragefire. If they can add instancing to the server, great. I am for it. If they can't, oh well, I wont lose sleep over it.
  18. Constellation Augur

Are you insulting yourself? As in calling yourself a forums warrior?
  19. Varisath Elder

If this is true, it's going to be a long winter for <Darkwind>. They'll be licking FI's boots just to get a sample of what a Velious raid boss tastes like. +1 for FI xferring over.
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  20. Batbener Augur

Wait wait wait, are you trying to tell me EQ, with no outside factors like griefing and P socking and other guilds racing to the target is hard? At this stage of the game? Reaching......high....to.....post.....reply.....because.....I.....fell......out.......of............my..............chair.......omph.