How does the dev team see SKs?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xanathol, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

I'd be interested to know specifically what TDS content we're talking about here? What names, what missions, etc, were being moloed by warriors while TDS was current? Also, was this when the expansion started, or later after everyone had gotten geared up? Because these details would provide a much greater picture.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Hell, I have gotten up to 85k a few times. But that was when not MTing, using 2h and burning offensive discs rather than defensive. I'd like to specifically know what current content warriors were moloing/tanking using 2h and offensive rather than sword and board and defensive. Again, details make the picture.

And you talk about soloing, then you talk about doing 40k in a group. There is a world of difference between those two scenarios, especially in a warrior's case.
  3. Makavien Augur

Everything is subjective I can sustain 40 k too with no adps when each npc dies in 5 secs.
    And also why would any warrior that is in a burning high dps exp group use a 2 hander when it lowers the amount of npc that can be ae burned it would not be a very smart way to get your group the fastest exp possible.
  4. Brohg Augur

Are we talking right past each other? Only difference is FD splitting? Only difference ... besides that the "m" half of the molo is a 0dps healer in the warrior's case, and a 25k+ dps caster in the SK's?
    Mayfaire likes this.
  5. Xanathol Augur

Clarify your claim a bit - moloing what? An SK with pre-TDS gear isn't moloing on Brother's Island with a dps merc. If you mean much less challenging content, then sure - knights have always had an easier time in the content that no longer matters, thanks to abilities that are relatively weak or unreliable in current content, but scale downwards (ex. lifetap procs). But who cares about old content? I don't know anyone who would balk at Warriors receiving downward scaling abilities to assist in such content, so if you want it too then I say more power to you!
  6. p2aa Augur

I don't know what they told you, but if they claimed they could molo TDS stuff like knights, let's be clear by molo if we mean "soloing" stuff, then they lied.
    Let's be serious.
    Killing a trash mob in 5 min burning all your dps stuff with your cleric merc, then taking you way longer time to kill the next trash waiting for your best dps discs who have 15-20 min reuse time
    Yay, we can molo efficiently and very well lol with our awesome dps.
    Flash news, warriors solo well in EQ lol.
  7. p2aa Augur

Let's be serious. If they told you they were moloing well (by moloing we mean soloing right ?) TDS content then they lied to you.
    Or you consider that burning all your dps discs on the first mob to kill the first trash mob fast, then taking a lot of time to kill next trash mobs until your best dps discs who have a 15-20 min refresh timer is considered "moloing very well".
    Flash news, warriors with their good dps solo well in EQ.
  8. Time Burner 2 Augur

Tell me how a warrior sustains 40k dps while moloing a relevant named (as opposed to riposting tons of trash). If you can demonstrate that to me, I'll trade you a krono for your effort - I don't believe it. I'll log onto your server and parse.
  9. Time Burner 2 Augur

Another difference you don't mention is that sk can put out a lot more dps while moloing than a warrior can, and this allows them to molo a LOT more content than the warrior can - which was my original point.
  10. Xanathol Augur

Actually, that wasn't true before this patch, while 2her prof was (incorrectly) a warrior only ability, which was a big point of this thread. It has finally been addressed and now the classes are in line once more dps-wise. Before this patch, warrior 2her prof melee only was equal or greater than sk melee + pet + spells, ie. sustainable dps, in similar gear, AAs, etc.
  11. Brohg Augur

Pre-TDS, TDS, Post-TDS, raid things, you name it - a warrior isn't moloing on Brother's Island with a dps merc ever. At least not this year. Maybe 2017. The end of 2017, when the expansion after next releases. Whether or not your arbitrary limbo pole of sucking for some arbitrary zone is cleared, a knight at some level of skill or gear can molo with a dps merc, all the way through the current expansion. Warriors cannot. One-way HP is a real situation lived by one of the three tank classes. If a mob is capable of moving hp bars, a warrior cannot kill it without heals from somewhere.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  12. Xanathol Augur

That goes back to downward scaling abilities - abilities that typically have a small affect in current content but are stronger in older content. It is true that I can, say, jump over to an SoF zone and molo with a dps merc, but do you really care about that? I can't do it in TDS, that's for certain. I don't know a knight whom would oppose Warriors getting unique, downward scaling abilities that would help them in non-challenging content as well - more power to you!
  13. Makavien Augur

It actually doesn't since we are in no way shape or form jealous of your niche and most the warriors I know the real ones don't want your utility either we just want our own niche one that existed forever. But really I am done here cause my passion to keep this game alive is over . I will put it into something more rewarding.
    p2aa likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

"What Xanathol can't do" isn't actually a rubric for class balance.
  15. Vtull Augur

No you don't want our niche because you realize its not relevant which is what we have been saying from the beginning. But holy hell you guys bring it up in defense of trying to preserve your monopoly on raid tanking. Guess what? The developers know its not healthy for the game. It is changing. It has changed. Embrace it, move on, and spend your energy growing your class instead of trying to nerf others.
    Yimin and Xanathol like this.
  16. Vtull Augur

Apparently the current direction of development more closely aligns with his than yours.
    Xanathol likes this.
  17. Xanathol Augur

Neither are the fairy tales and dishonesty you throw out. If y'all worked half as hard in a positive manner as y'all do in making up crap & trying to degrade other classes, you might see some positives. But let's face it - some of you won't be happy until you are the only tanks, doing rogue dps, procing cleric heals, and shooting lightning bolts from your rear.
    Vtull likes this.
  18. Mistatk Augur

When people make this argument i never can understand it. What if I am a new player to game deciding what class to play. Do I expect that if i do not constantly lobby for my class to get certain things that other classes will pass me just by having better lobbyists? Do you expect that, if you enter a new game? That you take on the responsibility to constantly lobby for and invent new roles for a class of the game. Warriors wanted to be warriors, but that argument is now passed I guess. Yey for knight-warriors who obviously had a stronger lobbyists then the warriors did. Jokes kind of on DBG and knights though, since any warrior can just go play another game or make a heroic knight.
  19. Yimin Augur

Knights being able to tank a Raid boss if able after this patch is a step in the right direction , now if they could just make Druids better healers with HOT and faster cool downs :D

Yi Min
  20. Xanathol Augur

You're projecting. I didn't say reroll or change the class - I said a positive manner.