What have you guys done!??!?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clipper802, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Clipper802 New Member

The fizzles rates and failed ports for the last few weeks have been unreal. I fizzle spells on characters with max skills repeatedly. I get failed gates and people left behind on ports MULTIPLE times in a row. This has been happening for weeks now. Just today I failed a gate twice in a row, than another collapse 10 minutes later.

I experience this on multiple characters, my SK sees it a lot casting Dooming darkness on pulls. Can we get someone to check this out?
  2. Rhiyannon Augur

thought it was just me with the high fizzle rates on maxed skilled... yeah constant failures, which rather hurts as a shaman, and I'm sure hurts a lot of others no matter the class.
  3. Vanrau Augur

Clipper, your ports are leaving people behind? Are you using lesser evac by chance?
  4. Pack Journeyman

Ive noticed this as well, my cleric seems to fizzle CH at a pretty absurd rate with max skill.
  5. Nolrog Augur

My JBoots are slower too.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler, Drexll and Machen like this.
  6. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

I've been running into the same issue. This is ranging from Lesser Evac to Evac/Succor, Emerald Jungle/Skyfire ports, as well as several standard ports (North Karana / Commons / Feerott).

I've also run into the same issue with gate failing more than in the past. I'd say the numbers come out to about 1/20 for failures at this point.
  7. Numiko Augur

I can't say I have noticed any unusual higher amounts of fizzles here. but I have not been keeping count.:oops:
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Been taking a break for about a week but I noticed a lot more collapsed gates on my druid the week before, since you mention it. Never left anyone behind with a regular port, though.
  9. Kibanu Augur

Group ports are not designed to leave anyone behind.

Only the succor lines can leave people behind. This also goes for Gate.
  10. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Correct.

Worth noting, though, because that would be a different issue than what the OP seems to be bringing up, if it's happening.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Also, regarding fizzle rates...It's also worth noting that fizzles seem to happen a lot more with spells at the level you get them, even with capped skill in that line. Always been that way.

Have noticed a lot more collapsed gates recently, though, since it comes up.
  12. Bewts Augur

I think I've had 3 or 4 collapsed portals and one Gate on LJ since launch. Twice left someone behind on lesser Evac - once deep in Chardok, the other in CT on my way to Fear. I think three of the previous stated failures occurred since Kunark's release.

I regularly am porting my 6 toons with a wizard. My typical list of port locations include:
    DL
    SF
    EJ
    CL
    GFay
    and more recently, Ro (No failures to / from here yet).

Fay and SF are the most used so far in Kunark.
  13. Bewts Augur

While we're talking about issues, Felwithe lags horribly when all the NPC decide to buff at the same time.

Any chance they could randomize the buff timing on spawn so every Cleric and Paladin in the zone aren't refreshing their buffs at the same exact time?
  14. JustACleric New Member

I've had gate fail more times in these two months on Phinny than I had previously in almost ten years of playing EQ.
  15. Clipper802 New Member

Ok, its not just me. Something has been changed, and I sure would like it fixed. Standard ports are leaving people on a regular basis. I have several people in the guild having this happen to them as well. We started to notice a trend so I wanted to post about it.
  16. Ducreux Augur

So is this reproduceable, and on a specific server? If you get a group of 6 and just port them from A->B->A->B->etc will one eventually get left behind? I'm not saying you are wrong but I have yet to experience this come up with any of my druid ports.

I'm also going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know that the EJ/Skyfire ports for both Wiz/Dru are considered Evacs and as such are susceptible to leaving people behind due to the nature of the spell, along with spells like wizard Evacuate:Ro and Druid Succor:Wherever which carry the same potential for failure.

Haven't noticed any abnormal fizzle issues casting a 47 nuke @ 50, have had maybe 1 gate fail out of the hundreds I have cast over a week.
  17. Jaime Lannister Augur

Haven't noticed the fizzle issue at all.

But the Portal Collapsing issue is definitely legit. It ONLY happens with Succor/Evacuate line of spells, including ports to Skyfire and Emerald Jungle. It's happening far more frequently than it ever was before. I do not go a single day without it happening a few times porting my groups around.
  18. gluteous Elder

not anything to do with fizzles or collapsed gates, but has anyone noticed that clarity 2 doesn't seem to raise mana any faster than no mind buff at all?
  19. Kridina Elder

I've noticed my gates, ports, and evacs collapsing and failing a lot more this week verses other weeks. I've been level 50 and regularly porting for our guild raids, so I have a decent set of occurrences to fall on to compare and should, in theory, be experiencing failures less often, not more. Had not thought about it being something others were experiencing. Just thought I was unlucky lately.

Heck, I'm fizzling on stuff I had not fizzled on in quite awhile. Interesting observation.
  20. Sophism Lorekeeper

I totally notice this.

wait...