Maps

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vracius, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Vracius New Member

Is there a 3rd party program, that's legal of course, that populates all the in game maps with the right content?
  2. Sebbina Augur

Older zones, visit Mapfiend, new ones visit Eqresource.
    disgruntled likes this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    1 stop, 1 download, 2015/16 maps instead of 10 years old unfinished maps!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Goodurden's maps are pretty good, between his and MapQuest ones you can pick and choose what you need for any certain point in time.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I came across Brewell's maps. They are quite good and he has gone thru them all and standardized the colors (so every map, the red label is the same type of thing.)
    http://www.eqmaps.info/
  6. Orbital101 Augur

My map pack include all the latest mapquest maps from Beimeith and Caudyr or where you refering to mapfiend? I even cleaned up the labels because the label where a bit mixed up between the layers, labels where to long which was making the zones with the labels for the quests and missions very confusing to work with. I did my best to minimize everything and spread the information on the 3 layers so that they can be toggled on and off for better viewing and without taking any credits for the time invested since i dint really follow there color coding but that he did tell me that the maps had to be cleaned and color coded when offered to take me in when I started doing my maps, . After some though with nothing negative about it I just like it freelance. I'm a loner type of person ;/

Some of the maps are from mapfiend but also got converted and edited by me to fit people requests. Until they either get replaced or win there thunder inside the pack. Some are ok and dont need to be remapped just for the kick of it but the first 30-40 maps I did definitely deserved to go. A huge thanks for those that spent the time doing them back then even if they were done quick that is what we had until a now and I wouldn be surprised that most of those people never really though of making maps, that or did there own for personal use to find out that there was nothing else out there and decided to share what they did.

Call me a nerd or a fool or have respect on the why I do it, the main reason is that I actually enjoy it and also thankful for the great time I had playing Everquest the last 15 years and hoping for another 15 of the same!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nolrog like this.
  7. Soefoe New Member

Hi Everyone:
    I hate to sound like an idiot but can someone remind me how to install these maps correctly so that they actually work.....LOLOL I have been gone from the game for 3 years now and have been trying to get these installed today with no luck!!!

Thanks !!!
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Tinyurl.com/eqmappack there is a text file with the how to.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

its mapfiend.net for maps older then the last three expansions and eqresource.com for anything after that. Once you have those I would then find Goodurden's maps and overwrite any of the above that he has redone http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Maps Brewalks maps are good also.

Before you download the maps create one or more subfolders under your Everquest/maps directory to place these maps in. You can get buy with just one directory say calling it custom maps but if you want multiple versions of a map set up a folder for each version. Once in the game hit M to bring up your maps and in the top left corner you can use a drop down menu to select which set of maps you want to use... default (the maps that came with EQ) and then any subdirectory you set up under maps in your eq folder will show up to be selected also.

Also check here for a lot of other useful links https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...inks-for-everquest.226651/page-2#post-3400549
  10. Ishtarrak Journeyman

11. Pani Augur

Wow, I didn't know the eqatlas site still existed. What an enjoyable experience, looking through the old maps. In game maps are great, but there is something to be said for those old maps that we all printed out and kept in binders! Nostalgia for the win! Thank you!
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ah, I haven't kept up and didn't realize that was the case. That's great.