Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dzarn Developer

Soon™...
  2. Utaerx Elder

Obviously you cannot provide too many details, but could you perhaps elaborate what you mean by this Dzarn?
  3. mackal Augur

Clearly he means everyone but wiz are getting nerfed into the ground!
  4. Naugrin Augur

I'm gonna say that it means wizards will be nerfed soon. I would assume after that they will nerf melee in some random order.

Later during the next campaign or expansion or whatever, we will all get the stuff they took away back thus making us all feel great.

What? This doesn't work for you?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

If so how will it affect the DPS checks on TBM group content and raids?
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  6. ShadowMan Augur

Wizard sustain-ability has gotten nuts and everyone but wizards has pointed this out for 5 years now but its still not good practice to nerf player power drastically at once. Like you did with mages, like you are doing with necros and like your implying is about to happen to wizards.

People pay to play this game to progress and grow in power and ability. They don't want to have stuff given to them or grow in power only to have it then taken away 2 years down the road. So it only serves to chase people away when you drastically cut player power down after they have had something for years and years. If its truly broken or over powered in the developers eyes then make sure whatever it is is then cleaned up QUICKLY! If not and its not crashing the game or dt'ing mobs then reduce whatever it is slightly and learn from your mistakes. You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot in thinking you can give players power at one point then take it away because its "game breaking" in your eyes at that time only to then just give it back later on when its time to make $ the next time content is up for sale.

It takes the wind out of peoples sails when on a whim your class or playstyle that has been around longer then some of the dev team is just taken away because it was someones pet peeve that week, month or year. You won't bring people back with many of these changes even if they are big picture healthy for the game but you will chase away those that think this is the straw that broke the camels back. Many people are so frustrated with broken content, bugs, lack of content, split resources of DBG that if their class takes a questionable nerf it means bye bye and a lost sub and income for the game we all love and want to see continue on.
    beryon, Igniz, Vrinda and 2 others like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

What it really comes down to is that Warriors are poorly designed in EverQuest. While anyone playing a 'Warrior' class expects to be somewhat of a blunt instrument, one would think that the most prolific class in all of fantasy gaming would provide an abundance of source material for creating fun, powerful and defining class abilities. Yet the EQ teams over the years have chosen to largely forgo all that opportunity and instead distill our identity down to a singular distinction:

Lowest melee damage per hit received (on average)

This class is built entirely around a void of extraneous abilities to justify that singular distinction. Classes sharing the 'Tank' role that are without that distinction have ancillary systems to compensate and extraneous abilities to compliment or even transmute their role. And now the advantage that distinction provides about to be further narrowed, so will it matter less. And with that narrowing, the ancillary systems matter more, while the void of extraneous abilities suffered by the parent class remains.

As a result, many feel Warriors will matter less, and are confused - what brought this on?

The rest is in response to old-fashioned class warfare, waged by those holding the (hopefully) mistaken impression that these are battles of shifting perception rather than recognizing reality. Round and round we go.
    Brohg, Dygor and Zarzac like this.
  8. Vtull Augur

SKs have jack- importance within a raid environment with their so called extraneous abilities to compensate, compliment, and transmute. Forgive me if I don't by into the warrior rhetoric because the gap is narrowed..
  9. Dre. Altoholic

And if you're following my posts you'll find that I agree with you that this needs fixed. Not only before the changes in first post of this thread, but after it as well, and in fact that fixing this first might have avoided the whole mess.
    Zarzac likes this.
  10. Vtull Augur

Tanking needs to be fixed period which is what this is a step in the right direction to. Remember, your same points can be made about warrior utility. For example, normalize tanking across the three tanking classes and fix warriors to have more utility deficiencies, self healing, etc. Warriors should try and address their deficiencies instead of trying to continue to allow the game down this broken path. And who knows, maybe that is what they are working towards and warriors should wait and see how it plays out instead of telling all the other tanks to f-off?
    Ghubuk likes this.
  11. Jaerlyn Augur

Your numbers are only different because you are rounding. You claimed that you 'proved' that Vie was applied -after- mitigation. Your numbers do not, and did not, prove that. I don't know if you are correct. You may well be, I just don't know. But the numbers you have listed do not prove anything about 168/162 order.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

It makes a lot more sense to give one class the bone they've been asking for, for years (SK raid utility) than to redefine the core balancing mechanic of tanking and identity of an entire class.
  13. Vtull Augur

NOT if the core balancing mechanic or design philosophy was never balanced in the first place. And while I agree its laughable they never addressed SK raid roles, it was never a major issue until tanking and curing requirements became out of balance.
  14. mackal Augur

I always assumed vie (and stuff like Guardian's Bravery) happened after the damage bonus (or MIN_DAMAGE for NPCs) is applied since those should happen when the damage is applied where Defensive happens before the damage bonus is applied.

Also, does anyone know the exact stacking order of SPAs 55, 162, 163, and 197 is (are there others?) I guess I can do some parses to figure it out :/
  15. menown Augur

Please reconsider the Gift of Deathly Resolve change for necromancers. If not reversed then please upgrade this AA so the solo/group/raid necro does not have to jump through so many hoops to get a twincast. And please make it work for Swift DoTs. There is 0 reason why Swift DoTs are not allowed to be twincasted by Gift of Deathly Resolve.
    Nenton, roguerunner, Igniz and 4 others like this.
  16. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Thanks for double checking and explaining it.

Defensive Proficiency and Holy Guardian don't stack at all for exactly the reason you stated. It's safe to assume Unholy Guardian doesn't stack with it.
  17. Kunon Augur

Why bother when they wouldn't notice or care if they did. This is the straw that finally broke the camel's back for those that remained over the years, stuck through the mass incompetence that is TBM, and a dev team determined to prove that the TLP servers will be the primary revenue source moving forward once they get Live players to quit one class at a time.

Edit: That was almost perfectly on cue, kudos
    menown and Vdidar like this.
  18. Iila Augur

Not happy with the nerfs that have been happening, not looking forward to more.
    Nenton, Imrahil, roguerunner and 10 others like this.
  19. Dygor New Member

Ok, just let the changes to the Knights take place.

Whether Knights or Wars are tanking!!! And tanking a Raid Boss, and taking approx. 20 mil dmg over 20mins. Yes tanking for over 10 mins easy!!! (The next tank didn’t pick up for whatever reason, or the Boss reset Health because of failed emote, raid leader says “Keep Going”). After the first 5 mins of tanking and all your Cool Disc/AAs/Spell for mitigation are long gone and your waiting on Cool downs. Now you’re going on min 8 tanking, all the Disc/AA’s/Spells for mitigation are still red, now your scrambling through your bags for the little trinket clickies to keep you up.

And all things equal, the War and knights are holding with only there Defensive Proficiency30% mitigation on melee attacks and 15% chance to block incoming attacks. The War will pray the Clr gets that heal off while the Knights will just simply self-heal. This single act only renders the War obsolete…

Why in the world would you ever roll a War over a Pally or SK who can self-heal.

So inclosing, if this patch goes through I will Re-Roll a Pally!!!

And now in EQ Forum fashion…

I will start to complain!!! Although Knights have the same if not better tanking ability as War, This is not enough!!! As a Pally (Combo Class) I need the same if not better HEALS than a Clr, this is the only logical thing to do!!! Why just render one Core class obsolete when you can get two!!!

/R

Yours

A war
    #warlivesmatter #fireGeorgeLucasfromEQ #PalliesSKsOP #Don’tbandmyaccount
  20. Dygor New Member

Ya, that's what I'm saying!!!! PS where is the War 450+ dmg weapon