Can only DPS at about 40% of normal with new pet aggro changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Was that an offer? If so, I's an SK! <3

Well....in the case of the current test notes, that's exactly what they did to Knights, and your classmates don't seem terribly happy.....
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Matari Augur

Pets were not any competition to warriors - at least not after the mitigation nerf. It's not a mages fault that the majority of grind content can be done without a tank. However, any group that turns down a competent tank needs their heads examined.
  3. Mayfaire Augur

I agree, Danille. I apologize for my part in it. At any rate, I am happy to see that y'all will be hopefully getting what you asked for in the next patch. Huzzah! :)
  4. Battleaxe Augur

5. Leex Pewpewer

6. Drayze Elder

In before battleaxe posts more class descriptions and if we are lucky the same quote from Connor.....you know the almighty Dev from 12 years ago that no longer works for the dgc.
    Igniz and Leex like this.
  7. Hostility Elder

In the future please stay in your lane. Thanks in advanced! Huzzah! :)
  8. Hostility Elder

Yep anytime a tank joins the group. My pet is put on the back burner instantly. I've been playing mage for 10+ years. Any tank who can't pull agro off a pet hasn't been playing their class long enough to cry about it. Heya Battleaxe! How are ya?
    Leex likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Isn't he in your guild? That's gotta be fun........
    Igniz, Iila and Sancus like this.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

Fun wouldn't be the word I'd use..But at least he's not nearly as bad in guild chat as he is on the forums.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Mayfaire Augur

12. Battleaxe Augur

So, anytime you allow a tank to join your group your DPS is not reduced to 40% of normal? Interesting.

Um when I tank current content I use S&B, Defensive Proficiency, and defensive abilities rather than offensive ones. Y'all call taking a DPS hit when you have your pet tank a nerf. Warriors have had that kind of DPS hit when tanking for years (that plus a lack of combat self-healing are the two main reasons we don't solo well). It's not that they don't want to nerf Warriors - they just can't find much left to nerf. Especially after the upcoming knight survival adjustments.

Grats on regaining total class power Warriors will never see. Happy soloing.
  13. Igniz Augur

Ok Battleaxe, I'll take you seriously and try to explain to you the difference of getting nerfed and just not getting a boost. While both make your class weaker in comparison, the one affects you more than the other. Don't worry, I'll try to use short sentances with words with few syllables.

Nerf: Actual reduction in power
    Examples:
    - Having your rains be hardcapped at 40% critchance
    - Having ATK values largely removed from your armor (like most melees during VoA, resulting in a pretty harsh DPS penalty)
    - Having your arcane fusion proc practically voided
    - Having your unlinked spelllines be moved to a shared timer (necro swarms)
    - Having your discs reworked so that certain spells and other discs don't work with them anymore (like necros just now)
    - Having certain abilities removed because they are deemed too powerful (by envious other classes)
    - Having your open AoE spells be subjected to a target limit (while certainly warranted due to the stupidity and ignorance of some, it was still a nerf)
    - Having your open self healing abilities (Mortal Coil, Epic) subjected to a proc counter (again, due to the stupidity and ignorance of some)
    - Having your AA reworked that it now costs a significant larger amount of mana than the correspondent spell (it cost zero mana before, as all other AA as well).
    - Having your pet focus effect practically do nothing at all (a couple HP, yay!)
    - Having your DD songs reworked to do A LOT less damage while you or the mobs are moving
    - Having your mana return ability's cooldown increased tenfold (Deathbloom used to be on a one minute? CD)
    - Having your endurance return ability changed that you can't use it in combat anymore
    - Having lots of gravitate effects (compliant lurch, warlords grasp) not work on red-cons anymore
    - Having your pet's aggro "adjusted" to a point where it can't hold aggro against a cleric who sneezes three rooms away
    - Group Heals and Cleric Epic no longer landing on pets
    - Aggro value decrease on VoT and terrors
    - Tweaking Headshot to only hit the current target during AoE arrow attacks (the later rework of HS was quite some buff, though)

Not getting a boost: Knights getting better at tanking while warriors stagnate and continue to be better at tanking at only ~25%
    Vdidar and Vrinda like this.
  14. p2aa Augur

What is your problem on me ? I have never posted anything against mages on this board nor pet tanking . So let me alone. The tank class balance is not respected anymore.
  15. p2aa Augur

25 % ? how do you come with this number ? Rofl.
  16. Igniz Augur

You come into a thread concerned about pet aggro, spew your nonsense propaganda, belittle everyone who dares to contradict aggressively any other player any knowledge or experience with tanking, while simultaneously taking the point that the only class capable of tanking should be a warrior and wonder why people take a disliking to you?
  17. p2aa Augur

Haha, and who derailed this thread ? Who wrotes this ?

Nice try.

Also, your friends Mayfaire and Gnomeland, have derailed this thread speaking about tank stuff, way before I posted in it. But it's no biggee ? Lol speaking about being one dimensional.
  18. Outlander Engine Elder

I come back to the game after 10 years.

Still the "sovereign citizen" of the warrior community, with a shirt pocket copy of the original class descriptions and complaining about knights in a mage thread.

Man, I love you guys. The nostalgia is thick.

/carry on
    Quatr, Spellfire, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  19. Hostility Elder

Warriors signed up for tanking superiority, and that's what they get. Do you want to be able to tank raid bosses, and do mage dps or something?
  20. Quatr Augur

I don't think we had the "Ignore" button back then. Now we do. Life is good!