Monk DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by SoroxDrinal, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Brohg Augur

hey now.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Damn Sarc, you're a regular Bender Bending Rodriguez with all that talk of getting bent.
    Xinj, SoroxDrinal and Sarcogian like this.
  3. SoroxDrinal Elder

My reason for this thread is seeing burn parses where casters are 2x-3x my dps when they have full support and I have little to none. I am glad my guild allows me to play the class I enjoy, but 2x to 3x is insane.

An optimal group of casters is stunning, not to mention they don't have to stay in range, find/run to the target, etc.

Let me know how you hit 300k+ on a 3+ minute burn on a raid target, but I doubt your keybinds, hotkeys, and burn order are any different from mine.

I have parsed 300k on a combat dummy, but that's the absolute best condition and only lasts 36s while FDF/DF is running, then another huge drop once Dich Form and Infusion wear are off.
  4. Sancus Augur

A) Comparing unsupported players to fully supported players is silly and B) nearly all of what you're referring to (casters over 300k for 3 mins) is because of mana burn.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Wait you mean to say that a non ADPS class provides the most powerful and most insane ADPS in the game? C'mon man!
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Vexed Journeyman

Alright, Sarcogian, I'll bite. You talk a big game, but I doubt you can back it up.

I'd like to see RoI's top 10 for Damsel & Grummus for this week. I expect you'll be on it, along with at least 2 of RoI's other monks. Since you're the self-proclaimed monk guru, I assume you've shared your uber sekretz to your own guild.

Have you topped any fights this week? Last week?

Post it up.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

Nope, monks have had it the longest and have 4 ranks. How many do zerkers and rogues have again?
  8. Riou EQResource

This is EverQuest though, the first class to get anything always gets the worst version :(
  9. Savager Augur

I wasn't there this week =P
  10. Benzarden Augur

[IMG]
    MrMajestykx and Dropfast like this.
  11. Dropfast Augur

Lol Ben.

I'm not gonna say monks are in a bad place, because were not. But Thunderfoot does need fixed. I'm much more concerned with TF than I am about DF not lasting as long. Losing like 80-90% of our TF's was not only a big hit to sustained, but burst as well. We basically lost an entire Burn (Heel of B.). Heel is complete crap now compared to what it was. Also considering how stupidly long the monk refresh timers are, I'm finding myself w/o a disc or 2 up for most raid fights now.

I've been quite about it now for while because I know the Dev's were busy STILL fixing the expansion. But it's about that time to start making noise about it again.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  12. Sarcogian Augur

Ask qulas for the parses, I'm not sharing them.

Last week I was #6 on their all night combine. Grummus I was #7 or 8. Damsel I was #11. All other events we did I was the top monk out of the 3 that was online. Savager wasn't there last week. All the monks in RoI know how to play their class, that's why they're here and I'm here. If you don't know how to play your class even in the slightest bit, you'll never be in RoI.
  13. Sokon Augur

I don't see anything wrong with monk dps. Where I am varies on event but between mnks/zerks/rangers/rogs/beasts I'm always 1st or 2nd. I've been in many a guild that doesn't have monks who can parse well. Why that is I don't know but always get the hint of one when they complain about our dps.
  14. Stonereq Journeyman

While we are whining Beastlords need a dps boost our burst and sustained is garbage please fix this and give us 2 hand increases via AA.
  15. Vexed Journeyman

You're pretty complacent about your position when you offer only marginal DPS and no utility. It sounds like you're consistently below other classes even in the upper echelon, what can you offer that an equally skilled Berserker/Rogue/Wizard doesn't? I see 5 monks on Realm of Insanity's roster and frankly that's a complete waste.

I'm not trying to whine or downplay my class. I absolutely love being a monk. The simple truth is that we're unnecessary to raid design. We're considered T2 DPS (for good reason) and yet we offer no raid aDPS/utility. I don't think anyone here is expecting to top charts, they're just looking for solutions. If you'd stop being conceited for a minute, maybe you could help us out.
    Xinj and SoroxDrinal like this.
  16. Minato Augur

have you seen monk combines all night? to say we are a t2 dps class is laughable really things change with every expansion events are longer now just need to rework your burn orders and know what to hit dicho with
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  17. Vexed Journeyman

T1 DPS = capable of topping fights consistently. Monks are not.
  18. Minato Augur

im not gonna get into this over the forums shoot an in game tell to me if you want to talk about burns/orders/stacking
    Vexed likes this.
  19. Sarcogian Augur

For talking $hit you sure do get beat by monks a lot when they get adps group. Maybe you should look in a mirror before you directly talk to someone competent.

Vexed, you clearly have never raided a monk, same goes to you. Before you want to argue about this class, go attack a combat dummy.
    Xinj likes this.
  20. Vexed Journeyman

Everyone watch out, we got an internet tough guy here. Beware his top 15 DPS.
    Xinj likes this.