Bring Back Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funk, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Funk Augur

Being in a guild war was a very fun experience for me and I'm sure many others and there is absolutely no reason to not have this feature active in today's current game.

Guilds could be built around just being in a constant guild war with an opposing guild.
    You could set your own level restrictions or none at all between your two guilds, have mini side guilds to build up new applicants so once they join main guild they are instantly in the frey at the appropriate level.

Or some of the top guilds of 105's could battle it out all over Norrath!

Just a crazy random thought....it was some serious fun way back, and I'm sure it could be a blast and a refreshing twist on the current game mixing pvp on a greater level on pve servers.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

PvP sucks in EQ. That is all.
    Skuz, nitrocutter, beryon and 2 others like this.
  3. Funk Augur

I appreciate your extreme negativity but why even post if you really have nothing constructive to say?
    I've had some great pvp experiences in eq, thank you for your enlightening response.

You wouldn't have to even participate in the format I've proposed, you just may see others engaged in combat from time to time around the game in random places. It adds just another facet of gameplay for some people to enjoy.
  4. Funk Augur

There is nothing to work on, no time to invest from dev's. Enable the feature. It's been in the game since it was released.
  5. Reval Augur

I feel for you Funk, but don't try to be a genuine person on these forums. Just let it go. These guys don't understand, and won't pretend to unless they think it can get them a few likes.
    Elricvonclief and Arvins like this.
  6. Kolani Augur

The guild war interface and features were replaced by the LDoN interface and features when LDoN launched. Devs at the time specifically said that something had to go to make space for LDoN, and guild war was the least used feature.
  7. Funk Augur

I only remember leader of guild giving a /command like /guildwar with leader of other guild targeted. I don't remember any sort of interface, just those commands.
  8. Funk Augur

I completely disagree with you, I think it would be far easier than you think and very close to flipping a switch as far as the coding goes.
  9. Iila Augur

Of course!
    Guildwars haven't worked in a decade just because no one thought to change EnableGuildWar=0 to EnableGuildWar=1
    Skuz, Scornfire, beryon and 2 others like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Will that also make EQ players come back and work?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  11. Reval Augur

Instead of making these posts "we should do x" > "no it would be impossible even though I have no way to tell" > "no it would be easy even though I have no way to tell", can we just use them to sort of poll for interest, and let the devs who actually have that information sort it out? I think it's stupid to have people's "I don't like this idea" posts in that when you can basically just assume everyone that doesn't post is in that camp. Can we as a community get on this and just make sort of a format for people to show interest in something without all of this malarky? Good work everyone. p.s. jira's bad for that since I could just make 50 jira accounts and now what I want to be important is suddenly super important! p.p.s. I didn't due that due to my incredible moral fibers that I got from non frosted mini wheats, but it is a flaw in the system. p.p.s.s. in addition to this how many people that post on the boards do you think also post on the jira? The more formats you expand it to, the more people you probably lose.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Arvins like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Player polls are not allowed by the forum rules for...reasons! Try again sir!

Re: guild wars....are there even enough guilds per server that are competitive with each other to support this? At least on Drinal the guilds that raid are all very different from each other and it's been years since there was any real race or competition.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Reval Augur

Well, the current situation doesn't achieve much for this sort of thread. A lot of threads are people that want to propose a change, and instead of being something useful like a poll, it ends up being like two to five blind people arguing over non-textured art. And also they are fighting each other.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I would think the PvP fighting on Forum-Quest would appeal to the Zek in you sir. Nay?
  15. Reval Augur

guffaw you.
  16. lancelove Augur

I remember on Xegony, back in the day, I was with Wrath of Wrecking for a minute, and Jayla (the leader) had a beef with Rusher (the leader of Maeralin Consortium). A guild war broke out and we battled it out for a few hours...we ended up in Dreadlands before it all ended. I dont think any even play that remember that on Xegony. It made for a pretty exciting time though. Nothing like it in the game now thats for sure.
    Funk likes this.
  17. Funk Augur

It was turned off, and hasn't been turned back not because "no one thought to"....because it was turned off for a reason. My post is asking for it to be turned back on, and yes it would be simple in terms of coding to enable this function.
    Your holier than thou attitude really helps the thread and shows your level of maturity.
  18. Funk Augur

Thank you Lancelove this is what I was talking about, a fun and exciting facet of the game that is currently not utilized. I appreciate the post, and I'm sure it was fun back then as my guild war experiences were.
  19. fransisco Augur

In the programming world, there is an adage. When a client says "Can't we just (insert seemingly simple request)..." adds 1 month to delivery time.

Just because something seems simple doesn't mean its anything of the sort from a programming aspect.
    nitrocutter and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm going to assume this is a request to Daybreak for Guild Wars to be brought back. How hard it would be is for them to answer. I believe doing anything in EQ requires 27 divisions of armored troops just because of the way it works, but Daybreak Coder beats Fanra every day on answering that.

As for a poll, perhaps we could see this as a request to Daybreak for Daybreak to make it a poll. Since Daybreak does not have any rules preventing them from doing so and in fact has a built in function in EQ to do polls.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  21. Geri_Petrovna Augur

The problem is, when you turn something like this ON, the players willl expect it to be balanced. and the game will slowly change ... wasting precious dev time. altering mezzes, balancing heals, etc