Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Zaknaffein Augur

Such a lack of intelligence and any sort of understanding of the game is being shown with the decisions they are making lately.

If you don't understand that and see how terrible some of these changes are for the game, then you should apply to work for Daybreak because you would fit right in.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

....yeah, all them raids are clamoring for SK "utility".

While I get your point and think these changes are too favorable to Knights generally, the difference in what each knight brings to a raid right now is night and day different.
    Krazzi and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Anthony CT New Member

People need to start voting with their wallets, if you have box accounts, close them. If they want to keep putting out broken missions, raids, items, poor customer service and nerfs then the players who love the game and have carried multiple accounts for years need to send a message. My money is better spent elsewhere.
  4. coloures~ New Member

...no, it's actually because SPA-168 mitigation only modifies the random portion of the incoming melee hit. but you keep pretending that a cpl hours fooling around on test without even having the most basic foreknowledge of the mechanics of the SPA you are testing somehow constitutes anything more than an invalid anecdote.

..yes, so much is obvious, given that sedulity's 5% is on SPA 168, and SPA-168 clearly will never allow stacking.

sigh. more of the same from someone who manifestly, er, understands the game and its issues. Kappa Kappa Kappa

the SPA-168 effect of the guardians does *not* stack with DP. there is no such thing as "partial stacking of effects on the same SPA"; either an SPA allows stacking or it does not (modulo certain explicit stacking rules attached to various spells or abilities). what you are seeing with the Guardians is the higher SPA-168 effect take over from DP; the additional mitigation is certainly not "in the range of 40-45%" with only guardian on.

the carapace mitigation effect is on SPA 162, likely best known to most as the Vie SPA; naturally it stacks with everything that is *not* on SPA 162. because SPA 162 mitigates the entire portion of incoming melee damage, the carapace mitigation would be expected to provide a ca. 20% reduction in incoming melee damage over DP + nothing, or a ca. 10% reduction in incoming melee damage over DP + Vie (the values are not exact because, again, the SPA-168 mitigation only affects the random portion of the hit).

to be explicit, the extra 10% vie is potentially better than the extra 15% SPA-168 mitigation provided by last stand; if the random portion of the incoming damage is less than ca. 3/2 the damage bonus (modulo the order of the application of mitigative effects, which i believe proceeds in the order of 168 -> 162).

cotf was clearly designed for previous-expansion group-geared shd to essentially molo (you claim your DPS box was not participating much), without melee debuffs, all named but the hardest-hitting melee-rounders.

clearly.
  5. coloures~ New Member

oops, unintentional double-post. can't find how to delete it.
  6. Lianeb Augur

You can keep spewing this, it doesn't make it true.

When a Knight and a Warrior are given the same off disc mitigation and 9% difference on disc mitigation, and then throw in the self healing and Taps (down played of course to fit your agenda)

You cannot make this claim anymore. I know you are used to thinking that way, but this patch will change that statement. The sad thing is you KNOW it and you're still defending it
  7. Gnomeland Augur

No ****, at the time I posted, it was not yet certain which slot the Knight Proficiency was on, as EQ Resources was having issues with the spell data. Also, with the amount of massive code changes they pushed onto Test, there's no reason to believe the same rules would necessarily apply.

My DPS box was certainly putting out DPS, and my DPS box is level 105, so Kappa?

And the fact that you find this funny, simply shows you don't know what Warriors were doing to the content. Any talk of Knights being able to tank this with a two box + mercenaries being over the top, applies to an even larger degree to Warriors.
  8. Lianeb Augur

Dammit i forgot about that....there goes my ray of sunshine
  9. Gnomeland Augur

9% difference + higher armor + reliable damage block + base 5% advantage that DIDN'T get added to Knights due to it being in the same slot as Defensive Proficiency = more similar to a 20% advantage, which heals simply do not make up for, especially when in a raid setting, because tanks are already getting over heal in those settings. The best that could come out of these changes, were they to go Live as they are, is Shadow Knights get chosen over Warriors due to Reaper's Bargain, which, as I've said in the past, is no longer needed and is the only ability capable of putting Knights ahead of Warriors on raid targets.
  10. Riou EQResource

SPA 168 does allow stacking with AA (Innate) + Buff (Discs are 'buffs')
  11. Triconix Augur

They did stack, but now the new proficiencies aren't spells now, are they? It is for that reason why they stacked. One was a buff while the other was innate. This isn't the case any longer. They are toggle/passive AAs so in theory the innate mitigation will (should) not stack.

And we also forget that the original Defensive proficiency was 25%. It went up to 30 because Elidroth split Phalanx and bumped Def/DW by 5% mitigation each.

So not only are Knights now getting a defensive proficiency, they are also getting half our of Class Only AA, Phalanx of the One. They made out like bandits and laughed all the way home.

Actually, if knights knew to read SpA, they'd realize that a lot has changed. It's changed to the point where at times you'll be equal (or better).

Hey meathead, you really think somehow our abilities work differently than yours? In real time, we aren't actually mitigating 55%, much like you aren't mitigating 50-65%. /facepalm.
    One cannot be this dense, can they?

EDIT: Just went to pohealth to proof you wrong.

Base damage - 15666
    Prof only - 11482 (27% mitigation total)
    Prof + SB - 10334 (35% mitigation total)
    LS only - 9389 (40% mitigation total)

Guess what, not the 40% that I expect from prof and SB! Exactly how I knew it would work. It calculate Prof. Then it takes that total and calculates SB. Therefore proving that proficiency with mantle/carapace would now last longer in both group+raid scene.

Darn, I hate being good.

You do realize that NTTB is complete garbage on raids? PDH is marginally better than SB under very specific circumstances. IE we stack lots of stuff.

Actually, my CoA bp get interrupted quite often. And it's my 2nd best secondary option of mitigation.
  12. mackal Augur

They are buffs that manage themselves
  13. Brohg Augur

A discussion of god classes could probably include a sideline about how legitimately each tank class gets to compete for #1 on their own heal parse, yes?

Being the thickest possible rope in the tug of war between mobs' dps and healers' hps has been the warrior niche for years and years. That knights, except against maybe 10 mobs per expansion, don't even need a healer on the other end of their rope because they get to both be the rope and pull it at the same time, is not an irrelevant observation. It's such a key observation, in fact, that it's what led to the past five years' status quo.
  14. Riou EQResource

They are still buffs, they fire instantly on weapon swaps, Permanent Duration
  15. Gnomeland Augur

Raid Knights don't need a heal in the group against group content. Group Knights most certainly always needed a heal in the group against group content, and still do, unless we're talking about chain stun, in which case, even a Rogue wouldn't need a heal against that.

I'd keep discussions about Paladins being able to chain stun a single monster to death to another thread because it's irrelevant to Shadow Knights, on one hand, and to the goal of the changes, on the other, which was not to stop stun abuse.
  16. Triconix Augur

Well that's misleading. They spoke as if they weren't. I'm glad the knight AA doesn't stack them. F'em.
  17. Lianeb Augur

You're doing something wrong.

Knights have been Moloing current named mobs in expansions for at least 3. And most times when I say Molo, it is Wizzy merc not Healer merc.
    Oh wait your utility doesn't count when talking survival I forgot.

Ever try that on a warrior?
  18. Hludwolf Developer

Everyone should be able to log in again. Please re-patch.
    Gyurika Godofwar and mackal like this.
  19. Gnomeland Augur

Then why did you pretend that Unholy Guardian was 46%, and then not mention that by the same standard, Warriors are at 55%?

As for Carapace+Defensive/Mantle+Defensive, again, damage limits, and the fact that only Mantle gives a higher combined than 55% - for one minute - while all the other cool downs Knights have gives worse. Warriors are still higher over the three minute period and this isn't even including the damage limits.

It isn't at all garbage when you use it WITH the 55%. See this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/has-last-stand-become-antiquated-raids.217501/

Be glad you even have it.
  20. Triconix Augur

1) Because we're talking paper mitigation. On paper (and in real life) your abilities stack up better.
    2) Just went to pohealth to proof you wrong.

Base damage - 15666
    Prof only - 11482 (27% mitigation total)
    Prof + SB - 10334 (35% mitigation total)
    LS only - 9389 (40% mitigation total)

Guess what, not the 40% that I expect from prof and SB! Exactly how I knew it would work. It calculate Proficiency. Then it takes that total and calculates SB. Therefore proving that proficiency with mantle/carapace would now last longer in both group+raid scene because it's doing less damage per hit and in turn artificially. extending the longevity of it.

So you'll have Mantle + prof which is be superior to LS/SB for more than likely the full time of duration. Then you'll drop 5% lower for about a minute with carapace. Then you'll switch to holy/SB and be 9% lower but surpass us in longevity. And sadly, we're not even including RB in this discussion. Let's throw that after your primary rotation and you'll have a solid 5-6 minutes of equal, near equal, or superior mitigation than a 3 minute warrior buff.

And all these time you can cast repel ever repop which again, helps make up for that 5-9% by mitigating 36k damage every 15 seconds. That's pretty much an entire hit every 15 seconds.

Wow, I hate being right sometimes.