February 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Drexll Augur

Why do you guys always ALSO lump necro pets in with these changes? Nec pets havent been on par with mage pets for many years, yet they get the same nerfs the mage pets get. Id like an explanation as to why this is.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

Hey Roshen. Thanks for the added explanation on the weapon proficiency AA. Also thanks for the additional posts too. I'm glad the team acknowledges that hotzones need some updating. Could I suggest Shards Landing as a 95+. SL has been a favorite zone of mine sense it was released. So many camps its hard to choose.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Faana Augur

Does the magician pet with taunt enabled have the equivalent of Taunt (200)? Do they get better as they level up? Is the enchanter still going to get smashed instantly when she casts phantasmal opponent? Does Army of the Dead taunt at 200? Can we have some numbers?
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks for letting us know. Prathun had mentioned a system to automate it during one of the Twitch streams but that was the last thing mentioned about it that I am aware of. It gets old doing the same ones every day after close to or more than 3 years.

The idea behind daily HAs wasn't bad except some are more tedious and time consuming than others and when you have a limited amount of play time those aren't able to be done within say a 1 or 2 hour window with everything else someone might be trying to do depending on all the usual variables such as level, AAs, player skill, availability of a group or their own box group etc.
  5. Geri_Petrovna Augur

@Roshen Does this mean, that TBM will be a saleable product? - I'm aware you took our money in 2015, but can we please equip items that we looted over 11 weeks ago?

Will type 9 augments finally fit in Range, and Charm, or is this forgotten again?
    Caell, Faana, Hiladdar and 1 other person like this.
  6. Triconix Augur

If knight proficienies are a copy/paste of warriors then the warrior class will be dead. We'd hold a 9% mitigation mitigation advantage over knights for 3 minutes out of every 10. Big deal.

And is there 5% innate mitigation going to stack with proficiency? If so, they will be mitigating more than a warrior outside of LS.
    beryon and Faana like this.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

I like free stuff as much as anyone, but (without seeing the actual effect in game of course) my sense is that this is bad.

Giving us a 5% melee mitigation bonus basically removes the warrior DI-1 advantage (not exactly unless that's exactly the way they code it) but beyond the unfairness of taking that away, since DI-1 does nothing for the huge number of min hits we get, giving us some non DI method (like giving us 5% better ac post soft cap return or whatever) would actually make knights even more powerful in situations we don't need it (like swarming or low level trash).

So I worry something done to let us survive better against raid named without splatting in seconds will end up having an unfair impact elsewhere.

Same problem with the weapon stance thing. Knights are not warriors. There is never any disparity between when to use a 1h/shield vs 2her. Use one for tanking and the other for dps. Makes me think they are going to give us something to make us tank better with a shield (instead of nerfing the overpowered warrior DP ability), and something to let them stop making knight 2hers with different ratios (2h proficiency that makes up the difference like the ratio currently does, but now we also have to hit another button).

So I'm leery about these changes. I mean, the real problem knights have for tanking is that raid named (not as much in TBM as it was in TDS) are balanced towards an overpowered combination of warrior abilities such that we can't tank them with appropriate gear/healing (sure, with maxed gear and overhealing and luck we can tank them for a bit before the inevitable bad round hits us for more hp than we have, but that has been true for every class in every expansion since the beginning and irrelevant).

I don't think knight tanking is the problem, its warrior tanking being too good under certain ability combinations. So I'm unsure how to take giving knights more abilities that play into the exact things devs hate about us (ability to swarm, i.e., trivialize easier content completely).
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

Trakanon was never a TLP server. It was a brand new server started right after another brand new server and no one ever understood why it was ever made.
  9. p2aa Augur

A close second to tanking raid named ? No, we are the Raid Boss MT and we should have big advantage on knights.

False, you or your SK friends are just terrible if they get one rounded on Boss Mobs during Reaver Bargain. You received a 50% mitigation disc for 2 min, and all SK in my guild that managed to trigger this ability (once they didnt get one rounded if they didn't use an invul disc before) have survived for the full duration of the AA against the current TBM raid bosses. It's like having a 2 min defensive disc usable every 20 min. Stop spreading false propaganda. And these 2 min can be increased if they receive endurance regen, which is the cause why the ability disappears.

Will they have some downside using some stance like warriors ? It should be .Atm they have no downside, contrary to warriors, to dps and tank at same time.
    As for a defensive proficiency to knights, how much % will it be ? I hope you aren't going to copy / paste the war ability and give the same to knight ?

I have a yellow bar, you have a yellow and a blue bar. Who has more options ?
    Also as it has been said, SK out dps us easily, and paladins are at worst do as much dps as us. The only way a warrior could beat a paladin (and still be under a SK I think) would be to have warriors in melee dps groups with bard and shaman, but if your raid does this this is terrible class composition.

Raid Bosses are coded so that it ties to warrior mitigation, which is right because knights should never be a close second to warriors to MT Raid Bosses.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Considering Knights are the ONLY other tanks who is supposed to be second behind Warriors to tank Raid bosses Enchanters pets?
  11. Triconix Augur

You only need a handful of warriors on a raid to be set for a MT order. Why would knights even have to worry about MTing raid bosses?
  12. Vtull Augur

I know its going to be hard to believe, but not all raid guilds have 100% raid attendance warriors and its utter BS that current tier progression is delayed or halted because of a yet again, artificial constraint. Most classes have redundancy in their raid roles except for MT roles.
  13. Vtull Augur

Congratulations, you have solved all knight tanking problems by stating that others should play better. /golf clap. Reapers bargain is clearly a step in the right direction, HOWEVER, it makes you useless the rest of the event. So great, IF you live for 2 mins and then spend the remaining 20 mins impressing everyone with your melee DPS.
  14. Aurmoon Augur

I agree with this. Not only does a guild need a few warriors online, but they all have to be fully geared in order to be effective. It would be really nice to have an alternative option. As an SK, named bosses destroy me relative to warriors even if I blow every one of my abilities, including Glyphs.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

There is no way they will close the gap by reducing how nuts warriors are when under all their stuff. Its their niche for raids. But when it seems like group missions are tuned around that fact its a problem as knights basically can't fill that role. I am far from the best tank but trying to tank Damsel of Decay or Enslaver of Souls in group gear as a knight is basically impossible. So I would much rather be considered to powerful in trivial in old content which really isn't an issue at all then simply not be an option for my classes role.

Far to many raid knights chime in about doing it wrong when at times there is nothing else to be done but try to skim past in group as a weak 4th dps toon. Knight tanking at times is an issue for groupers because of proficiency AA and duration or hit point limits of some discs.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your determined to make these changes, either give wizzys more agro reduction or turn this into a one time agro hit.

By the way this is a proc from a buff NOT a spell!

Any reason why wizzys are being singled out? I didn't notice the druid or chanter procs which add extra damage being included in these changes, but then I dont remember all the names and they maybe there i just didn't notice, always used to be in the same slot and damn druids always overwrote our own!
    CrazyLarth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Jaerlyn Augur

Your opinions are just that. Opinions. It doesn't make it 'right.'

On this forum, at least, it seems the majority of opinions from those who are neither Wars nor Knights seem to feel that knights should be viable raid MTs. And yes - knights should have the same defensive proficiency as wars.

4 wars cycling final stand will still be the absolute best option for raid MTs. Not a thing listed here will change that. Not the 5% baseline increase. Not a full copy of defensive proficiency.

But giving knights 5% and a full copy of defensive prof allows them to be where they should be. A viable option. A close second. However you want to define it.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

There's a way out, and that's the addition of new and powerful upward-scaling survival abilities that are exclusive to Warriors. These abilities would operate on the shorter refresh scope, closer to the power and frequency of Knight self-healing.

Though they'd actually need to be a bit on the higher side power-wise, since where Knights truly shine is their potential to reactively cover gaps in healing and spikes in damage. Meanwhile, Warriors can't meaningfully refill our HP bars, nor should we. That is the core tradeoff of Knight vs Warrior tanking.

Have you seen those new abilities yet? Me either, so this looks like yet-another "cart before the horse" senario. Yey.
  19. Vrinda Augur

This. As a dot, not a DD, Pyromantic Ignition shouldn't be included in this hate revamp at all imo. If you'd like to adjust it, put the Pyromantic Ignition dot on the "decreased hate" list, not on the "increased hate" list. Or correct the final three ranks to decrease hate in lockstep with the amount of damage the first tick deals.

Wizards don't get dot crits or dot extension, so over five ticks the max rank of Pyro does 84k damage (2.8k dps). There is nothing in my necro's (level 105, all max rank dot AAs, 2.5 epic, dicho rank 3) entire arsenal that causes such a pitiful amount of damage for the amount of hate generated.

If I wanted irreversible aggro on raid mobs, I'd have rolled a warrior. Please reconsider this one.
  20. Aurmoon Augur

The Knights' self healing has very little impact when tanking raid content. Knight healing is a set amount -- no matter how tough the mob you're fighting, you'll always lifetap / heal the same amount. In group content this healing is meaningful as the mobs don't hit as hard. In raid content the knight is getting slaughtered in a couple of rounds. The static healing helps far, far less in these situations. Meanwhile the warrior abilities scale in effectiveness. If the boss hits 5x harder than group content, your Final Stand will mitigate 5x as much damage. That's the difference here.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Vtull like this.