Any New Classes Planned?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rogero, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jiri_ Augur

I too would like a Vah'Shir Froglok.
    [IMG]
    Azbaelus, Geri_Petrovna, Silv and 2 others like this.
  2. Lily Augur

Can we have the old Freeport back?
    Yinla, Perplexed and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

Much like the 'real' Plane of Mischief, that would require actually locating the legacy code for said zones and then finding a way to smash it into current EQ.

It would be an awesome option setting though! "Welcome to EverQuest! Please try out our latest option feature: Freeport Toggle - [Original] [Revamped]."
  4. lancelove Augur

A new Pirate class! Oh man! Some dirty butt scallywag folk that prey on mage earth pets because they are so weak now and ripe for the pickens!!!!
  5. Vexed Journeyman

I've got a great concept class that everyone can be happy with.

It's called the "Engineer" - a DPS class that can build Golem pets. These Golems can be customized to heal, DPS, or even tank. They're basically mercenaries, but superior in every aspect and can be used on raids.

What do you all think?

Edit - Oh snap, I forgot. They're also known for their ability to SOLO. I mean, they're great in groups, but their niche is being able to kill everything on their own.
  6. Silv Augur

Wait... is "engineer" a code word for "Magician"?! :eek:
  7. Benzarden Augur

So, mages with a healing pet?
    Silv likes this.
  8. Vexed Journeyman

Alright, I see your point. How about this, instead:

The "Engineer" - it's a TANK class that can build a Golem pet, which is a pocket mercenary healer.

Alternatively, the "Artificer" - it's a HEALER class that can build a Golem pet, which can be either a DPS or TANK.

Both classes have great synergy in solo, molo, and in groups. They can perform multiple roles and will be easy for new players to learn.
  9. segap Augur

What new players?
    Perplexed and Silv like this.
  10. Vexed Journeyman

Didn't you hear? The TLP is the only reason why EverQuest is even running, at this point.

EverQuest live can attract all those 'new' & returning players from TLP with this fresh class concept. Plus it will convince all peasant classes to reroll to their favorite pet master class.
    Silv likes this.
  11. Enkel Augur

No
  12. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

They should poach the Blood Mage and Disciple from Vanguard now that it's over and done with. Those were some awesome classes.

The fact is that we're never going to get any new classes, though -- heck, we were probably lucky to get a substandard, ridiculously broken expansion like TBM with the way things seem to be going.
  13. Silv Augur

No new classes till they fix Zerkers or delete them IMO!

ps. Is Vanguard some crazy game?! I can't tear myself away from EQ long enough to play anything else :(
    Iila likes this.
  14. Hostility Elder

Too much balancing already. Beastlord/Zerker wasn't even a good idea
  15. Numiko Augur

I think better question is .. is *anything* new planned for everquest .....
    Yinla, Tour and Iila like this.
  16. Geri_Petrovna Augur

I heard they are fixing TBM gear in 2017.
  17. Silv Augur

That depends on whether or not the new WLP* server launches on schedule or not.

*Whine-locked progression
  18. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

New class is about as necessary as stilettos for a troll.
  19. Lily Augur

Can I get stilettos for my troll?
  20. Ruven_BB Augur

Am I the only one that just got slightly turned on?