End the Month with Double XP!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Garshok Augur

Ack! Why did this have to happen *after* we dug out from the blizzard and work is open again?!!!!
    :)
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  2. Pretarius New Member

Checked out the double exp on Cazic Thule with my 54 wizard in OOT. He is making about 1% per kill against green and light blue seafuries. My 46 wizard on Phinigel is making almost 1% per kill per every 2 seafuries against light blue and dark blue. So either the X2 exp isn't working on Phinigel or that server has such a terrible exp rate to start with that the double xp doesn't really matter.
  3. Stephen51 Augur

Double xp is great, its a shame about the lag spikes we got shortly after it started the made the game unplayable for a while. They seem to have gone but what hasn't is the broken Demi-decay HA that is stopping me finish the Spirit Armour achievement and thus progress through TBM. It seems it didn't warrant fixing in the hot fix through the week.
  4. Prathun Developer

It can't be hot fixed. A full server down is required to update that set of HAs.
  5. Paladin Augur

XP is easy to come by. I'd rather see rare spawns to get those Hunters done! Or come up with something new... like maybe rare drop weekend (those rares sold by the NPC have a chance of dropping, those expansion rares have a greater chance of dropping, etc.). Or factionless weekend -- no faction losses (gains OK). Or double positive faction weekend....
  6. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks for the update Prathun, wasn't aware of the hotfix thing. Crazy lag is back on Xegony btw.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  7. Jondalar Augur

There is only 1 HA that is actually stopping us from being able to finish...... for 10 days now
  8. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

Got me another level out of this. Thanks a bunch!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Several of my toons got a level and on the way to the next one in my limited play time this weekend as well. Thanks EQ team!
  10. Geroblue Augur

Got one toon from 14 to 19 and another from 48 to 51. Would have been great if I had had more time to game.
  11. Vexed Journeyman

Thanks for the double experience, Daybreak!

Looking forward to playing on Phinigel when it happens, again.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  12. Ruven_BB Augur

So when is it going to get fixed?

Ruven
  13. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

This is how everyone I know feels. It would be amazing to just increase the rate to double. Even with double exp, a 25% pot, and a really strong group it took 6 hours to go from 13% in 49 to 50. With 3 month lockouts and the fact that we have all done the time sink, extremely slow xp is not fun. The only time I play, along with my friends, and buy pots is when double exp occurs.
  14. Rithlir Journeyman

You must not know many people. Everyone I know feels the opposite, we love the fact that there's less rush to max level. There's plenty of time to make a couple of level 50s within a 3 month period still, even if you just play a couple hours a day.

Either way discussion is (should be) moot. Sometimes DBG must not listen to public opinion and forum trolls but make decisions they believe are for the better good. This time they've nailed it with the Phinigel server. The worst thing they can do now is make ruleset changes like they did with Ragefire.
  15. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

You must not know many people.

Three month unlocks, instanced content for everyone. The rule sets for this server from the get go were never meant to be "classic" or even hardcore. An increase in xp would make it even more favorable and in line to it's main goals, which is instanced content.
  16. Shiea Augur

So that means you guys do nothing instead? It's been basically a month and major progression task that WAS working originally, is STILL re-broken. Here's a suggestion, instead of posting on the forums, do something.
  17. Lumiens Augur

Thanks for this, I had gotten a really late start on Phinigel and only started playing here last week. In an effort to try to be lvl 50 in time for the Kunark release the first of March, I had used a vacation day and taken Friday off work. To my surprise you ended up having a dbl exp weekend.

There were so many groups and people playing that I was able to go from Level 8 on Thursday night to level 38 on Sunday night. I had thought there was no way I would be able to be lvl 50 in time for Kunark but due to this exp bonus weekend I went all hardcore like I used to back in the day and busted out 30 levels.

I'm so happy to be back to Everquest again after 11 years away, having 1000 times more fun with it right now than I am on any other MMO's out there on the market right now. Phinigel is such an amazing server so far.

It was really short notice on the warning though. Could you possibly give people a little more warning in the future so they could maybe plan a little bit ahead of time if they want to be able to make the best use out of it? I just got lucky that I already happened to have the time off work, but I would like to take time off again next time there is a dbl exp event again.
  18. Herf Augur

Yeah I would have appreciated some advance warning. I missed the weekend :(.