17th anniversary events

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on when the anniversary events will start this year?

More importantly will the new 17th anniversary events actually start on the 16th March or will we have to wait another month or so like we did for the 16th anniversary? It would be nice to have the new events go live at the beginning of the celebrations and not end until the final day.

During the anniversary events can we PLEASE NOT HAVE DOUBLE EXP as all is seems to do these days is mess up the servers!
    Silv likes this.
  2. Silv Augur

You are assuming there will be 17th anniversary events in the first place :eek:
    Kravitz, Reht, roguerunner and 4 others like this.
  3. Thraine Augur

New Fabled mobs!! yeah right like that will ever happen hehe
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We potentially could have some 17th anniversary events with some potential new items. Don't kid yourself on the potential of the year!
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  5. lancelove Augur

or veterans aa, or old world revamps, or server mergers
  6. Riou EQResource

http://events.eqresource.com/

Data from Prathun (all of this years events were listed with times and dates, but dates are subject to change)
    Plane of War (15th anniversary) - February 24 - April 06
    16th anniversary - March 16 - April 27
    14 and 15 anniversary - April 13 - May 25
    5-13 anniversary - April 27 - June 8

No word on 17th anniversary events or if there will be new ones (likely are being created/planned now if there are new ones).
  7. Ishtass Augur

8. Numiko Augur

I bet it will be a double exp weekend ....
  9. Isssk New Member

They can't make basic quests work - when they fix an issue with this or that they break a handful of new things. Don't hold your breath...
    Vdidar likes this.
  10. Watajoke Journeyman

are we gonna get iksar berserker race/class combo this year!?!?!?!
    since it got stolen from us for the far more favorable woodelf treantlord, wait none on /who
  11. Silentchaos Augur

Don't forget everyone's favorite the froglok monk!!!
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I love playing my Froglok Monk, and I know a couple people race-changed or started one of their own. Really good kick animations to go with the race's already good emote animations. I only found it weird that Daybreak decided to retcon Sugal the Fist as a Monk.

"The Fist strikes!"

Edit: if you can convince Sarcogian to race-change to a frog, I'll wire you $$.
  14. Silv Augur

I have a wood elf treantlord alt who is 105 :) Come to Bristlebane server and I'll prove it! :p

ps. I honestly only did it because everyone hates them. I really could care less about the tree... (it should have been an actual animal though)
  15. Sebbina Augur

We need Halfling Shadowknight, it is time for a dark lord who is in it for the fun.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just putting it out there - if it means a better than mediocre launch for the next expansion / campaign / whatever you want to call it - waste no development time on new anniversary stuff, please. Just turn on the old stuff.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Silv Augur

I believe most of the new missions last year came from player panels at the previous FanFaire (SOELive / whatever) and so the basis for them wasn't from scratch on dev time. Given that obviously was not a thing the past year... totally agree with your post. And to be a jerk about it, the past few years, new missions have had glaring bugs etc. and since they are a limited time they often do not even get fixed quick enough for it to matter. Test server (which did awesome the last round of new missions) can still only do so much.

Give us some 'bonus' days of junk (faction, rares, XP, etc.)... whatever. Please do not waste development time on content available for 6 weeks, once a year. Agree that time could be MUCH better spent on anything else.
  18. Kravitz Augur

The potential for 17th anniversary events when there isn't even a finished Broken Mirror expansion - NO
    The potential for another Dbl Exp weekend - Yes.
    The potential for Services in marketplace going on sale - NO
    The potential for Potions in marketplace going on sale but excluding Draught of the Craftsman on sale (what happened last time Potions were on sale) - Yes

Those are my potential predictions:D

History of the last few years has shown even if they create new anniversary events, they'll find some way of not finishing an expansion and waiting the last 3-6 weeks to put out something half-a**ed. Zone art will be done by the art team for sure, history has shown that. Development won't start till 3-6 weeks before release, past 4 years of history doesn't lie.

And while the art team will finish 2-3 new zones, expect there to be another 3-4 copy/pastes of zone files from previous zones and marketing it as an "expansion" with 8 new zones!