Remove mages from the game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matari, Jan 23, 2016.

1. jiri_ Augur

No, of course not. It's nice to see how few people understand hyperbole.

Since all the hardware is paid for, Live can probably continue fading into oblivion for years yet, with smaller and more disappointing expansions each time until they've dwindled away into nothing.
  2. jiri_ Augur

Yes, and DBG makes their decisions by throwing a dice without any input from the playerbase.

You probably believe that.
  3. Mayfaire Augur

I think you need to ask yourself that question.
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Mayfaire Augur

Oh, but my response was totally srsly. Fairy gold dust poots are real. It is known.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yes, and DBG makes their decisions based on "listening" to whiney, emotional, random customer complaints (aka "feedback"), as evidenced by the last few rounds of overly popular game changes and incomplete, buggy expansion releases.

You probably believe that.
    Vdidar, Sancus, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  6. Reval Augur

There is a lot of hatred here, let's turn things around.

Add mages to the game.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I love you, man. If I ever decide to EQ PvP, be sure to have enough azure mind crystals stockpiled to have enough mana to nuke me to death, k? <3
  8. Reval Augur

With the way things have been changed with class differences, I couldn't massacre a butterfly.
  9. Matari Augur

Ignorance is bliss. Anyone who thinks this game is anything more than MoloQuest (outside of raids/progression) needs wake up. Oh great, pets get to tank for melee! Whoops, one problem real experience
    groups are largely extinct and the majority of pet classes don't give a toot about grouping. Why would you? The social aspect is primarily covered by raids and progression. Seriously, why would want to spend time getting a group together when you can grap a merc?

Pet's tanking for melee has always been pandora's box. If DayBROKEN was doing the community a favor, they would have been touting this for awhile. The fact that this was largerly unexpected suggest Daybroken had other intentions. If you want to believe the smoke they are blowing, then fine it's your problem.

Just like many mages, I am face with two choices, quit or re roll.
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

I don't know all the specifics, I have had some personal experience with an alt mage, and have noticed a remarkable change that isn't favorable.

If after playing the game for close 17 years, having my class adjusted this much in such a short time frame, I would be quite upset. Which is evident from having tons of active mages to one in my guild, the supposed cure has been killing the hosts.

These knee jerk corrections are ultimately going to quicken the demise of our game. Please stop it.

Ruven
    Vdidar, Igniz, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  11. Dazherz New Member

HAHAHAHA.... Well I'd been away - only for a week-plus. Ish.

Aggro changes are huge obviously. I won't re-hash that. But MITIGATION hahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahah. So there's that now, too.

Wow. You know, I've been doing this 17 years and have (pretty much) taken all the changes and adapted. Even bought another account so I could become the very worst 2-boxer in Everquest history. Just because I love the game and I figured c'est la vie..

This has me at the end of my rope. lol. Seriously. I'm paid on yearly subscription so they have me hooked until summer. And I'll wait patiently for changes and some much-needed dev explanation. But it's not a target that's on us now.. it's a red laser dot. They never miss. And I love my necro and beastlord brethren and would NEVER suggest they be nerfed in ANY way. I just don't understand why the Mages are getting the pain like this. We all know what (some other classes) can do.

There was ONE idiot who did that army-of-pets thing on 2 servers. I know who he is. But that is an anomaly. I figure there's scripting and all kinds of hoo-hah there but I enjoy the game without that and 99.99999 percent of Mages do too. (Yes I pulled that out of my hat along with a bloody bunny.)

I have loved this game and my only character has been a Mage. And I have taken it on the chin and trudged on. But this really is the last straw. They need to address this, change it, and if they have a problem with some guy who makes 98247239472903 pets and manages to control them to the game's detriment, talk to HIM. Punishing us all for this is crazy.

These changes are CRAZY. lol... I just really can't believe it. Seriously can't believe this. I can't say it enough... I'm.. just... gut-hurt, disappointed, and jaw-dropped to the ground in a comic position. They're going to have to commit me soon I'm cackling hysterically....
  12. Dazherz New Member

LOL you should see the merc heal aggro.

/boggle
  13. Matari Augur

Just close this thread, no point to it anymore.
  14. Benzarden Augur

It took you 8 pages to realize there's no point to a thread titled, "Remove mages from the game?"
    Mintalie, Quuq, Beimeith and 7 others like this.
  15. Karthos Augur

I have 2 different 3 box groups centered around ranger/mage. If the ranger is not prepared to tank then this combo is not very playable as things currently are. What sucks is that pet agro went from being so awesome to so poor so quickly.
  16. Reval Augur

The guy made the thread. I think the real discussion should be: how do you fairly demonstrate that a class is underpowered or overpowered, and what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a fix to an issue like the pet agro issue that mages I assume still have. Otherwise a few people mention that it is probably being worked on, and everyone else just flies off the handle about "mages are ruined" "you had it too good anyways, deal with it" etc.. etc.. etc...

Some people have brought up that it seems like an honest goof and they are pretty sure it will be fixed. If there were a way to show that something upsets you without being upset, say an outrage-o-meter, I think that would make these discussions more civil.
    Faana likes this.
  17. blahblah Journeyman

18. Danille Augur

Danille said:
    “Wrong! The class is marketed as a solo class. Nothing is mentioned about solo "friendliness"
    I do realize that you feel the gods have spoken and have told us there is no such thing as a class than can solo in EQ.
    I feel so much better.”
    WRONG -That class description is OLD and out of date.

- Go to class selection
    - Read the CURRENT description of the Magician class, which is....

[IMG]

Go and get a fork out of the drawer and stick it in your hand because your argument is done!

PS Here are the others (as of 01/29/2016) involved in this thread so you can clearly see what is intended and NOT working as marketed.

[IMG]
    Faana and Igniz like this.
  19. Coronay Augur

"Mages are able to adventure solo" I.e. do everything a group can with a healer merc. Tank,heal, DPS, cc! Sounds fair
  20. Drayze Elder

Your hate for the magician class is unrelenting. I got news for you, magicians are not the only class that can tank, heal, dps and cc with a merc so at least be consistent with your hate.

Also, why is using a merc considered soloing on these boards. That is a 2 person group. If mercs were never introduced to the game and a magician/cleric duo was killing group level content regularly would there be this much ire against the magician class? I highly doubt it.
    Mintalie, Mayfaire and Sancus like this.