Played years ago!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chuck1959x, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Chuck1959x New Member

Hey everyone!

Right now, Level 6, Human, Paladin.....

Looking for some friends to hang with. I am an old player on Everquest from way way back then. lol I was above average back then. Today I am old (56) and my mind is not what it used to be. I have major medical problems, diabetes the major one, doc says it's killing my organs and need to do something now. I only play for a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at a time. I find it's enough time to go do some stuff.

Need some tutoring along the way. Much is the same, remembering is NOT...lol

Unsure of how to make contact. Guess if interested in hooking up, leave me a message here.

Thanks Everyone!
  2. Grove Augur

First, some general suggestions:
    The New Players chat channel may have requests for companions. To answer in that channel or post to it, first find it by /list. Then /1 or whatever the number was for New Players.
    The chat ooc (out of context) text may have similar requests but extend only to the zone in which you are located. To post to that or reply do /ooc .
    As a low level player you do not see the General chat channel. However, unless you are on a non-paying account, you may get into the General channel by doing /join General. Similar types of messages are in General as are in New Players and ooc.
    There are groups of players organized into guilds for easier socialization and companionship. There are boards in the Guild Lobby where you may click and read announcements recruiting new members. Sometimes in the chat channels referenced above guilds will recruit also.
    The chat channels referenced also can respond to specific questions on how to do ___.

Second, for specific suggestions:
    We need to know the server on which you live. With that news, people can ask you to group, be your guardian (buffs and heals), and offer some armor and such.
  3. Chuck1959x New Member

Thank You for the post.

I am on Vox, which is I guess the standard-start server? My name is Torbrucx It would be very nice to get some in game help to level and feel my way around. I am not a paying customer as yet. I am not sure my budget can afford it. On SSI and that is only 733 a month with half to rent half to cable 100, cabs, buses, toilet paper, non covered medical needs. lol I will try to hook up when I get into the game per your suggestions. Thanks Grove!
  4. Sebbina Augur

Real life has to take precedence, so if and when your rich uncle leaves you a few mill, then you can concern with spending plat on EQ. Until then you can learn more about class play, leveling up and making friends, eventually, you can find ways to farm platinum and build a supply. I mention the platinum hunt as Krono get sold/traded away by the rich folk, and can some times be bought for a pile of plats, and can provide a 30 all access play- 30 min per day would mean a long road to buying a Krono. Making in game friends, setting goals, is part of EQ, have fun and be your self, hopefully, healthier.
  5. Gundolin Augur

Assuming you are playing on a live server, then I think the game is more geared to the 30-45 minute game play than it used to be with Most HA's (Heroic Adventures) in the COTF (Call of the Foresaken) expansion being around that amount of time for a casual group to do. Then as you move up in levels the TBM and TDS mercenary and Partisan quests will take about the same. The down side is if you are looking for specific missions quests you may have trouble finding a group and running the quest in that time frame.

Unfortunately I think you are going to run into trouble finding groups though until you reach the low 90's in level. Therefore, although almost any class can molo (Solo with an ingame Mercenary) through the low 80's I would suggest you pick a stronger solo class such as Magician or Necro.

Good luck and find a good guild quick, makes the time spent more fun. Even if your just reading the "green spam" you get in guild chat.

Finally 56 isn't that old anymore for Everquest. Yesterday my group had to stop a couple of times while one of our members helped her Grand children.
  6. Aaikan Journeyman

I agree. I started playing the game shortly after launch and while I wasn't a kid, I certainly wasn't as old as I am now. 56 is young as most of our veterans would probably agree, it's not too old to enjoy the game.

Give me a shout if you're ever on Luclin.
  7. Xanorak Lorekeeper

Firiona Vie server has good population and 50% bonus xp, thought I'd mention it since your play time is limited
  8. Inarduis New Member

Some are a lot older I am63 and have played for 16 years without a stop apart from a break to get rid of cancer like you I only play for short periods
    Clfyts likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Well if the doctor doesn't kill you with that carb loaded "healthy" diet like they tried to kill me until I went on a very low carb life style everything can get easier. Just look into it, took having a 3x bypass and a coma to get me to start questioning things, glad I did now. Good luck
    Borek-VS likes this.
  10. Borek-VS Augur

Same here. Got through it, but the bad advice gave me a lot of problems until I saw sense.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Oh, you kids. I'm almost 70 years of age. Diabetic. Getting creaky in my knees. So, I'm taking up hiking. No, not the Apalachian Trail ! Shorter hikes. Say, 5 miles with a backpack. I've gotten up to one and a half miles one-way with a 20 pound backpack. And to think my characters carry 10 tool boxes...
    Rhodz and Clfyts like this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Well let me say this...
    [IMG]