Potential new tradeskill

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frornul, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Frornul Journeyman

I just came up with an idea for a new tradeskill: Mount rearing, where we make a mount by tossing in meat and bonechips in a new station, one that's cage shaped.

That, or we just use a leather workers station and use leather, rope, and metal ore for the saddle or bridle.

Does this sound good, or not needed?
    Mayfaire and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And after they add some decent recipes to the tradeskills which already exist.
  3. Tour Augur

Supplemental or additional parts of the game, regardless of their merit, just aren't going to be worth the allocation of thier limited resources when they can barely generate functional core content as is. There are a lot things that would be great to have or expand upon. But the opportunity cost is too high with the way things are currently for most ideas.
  4. jiri_ Augur

Yep. There's huge potential for Everquest to expand in its options, but that will only be realized if, say, Bill Gates says "screw this charity stuff; let's make Norrath !". As is, we're living in a world where development resources are so scarce that itemization has, for years, just been plugging a number or two into a spreadsheet and letting Excel do the work.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  5. Time Burner 2 Augur

Get your wallet out. I think Daybreak needs more staff... They haven't upped the subscription rates in what a decade?
  6. Kravitz Augur

We don't need more tradeskills, we need new tradeskill recipes for existing tradeskills. There is not one single new thing for tradeskillers in the The Broken Mirror, and no you can't count the new Hero's Forge armor set as tradeskill recipes even though they technically are because that is just dumb, only people who can use them is people who bought unlocked Hero's Forge.

Not having any tradeskill recipes this expansion and the last 5 expansions it was managed by a mediocre developer (thank goodness he is gone), and making you pay expansion prices for an unfinished half -a** expansion is exactly why I stopped throwing money at this game like I used too.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. jiri_ Augur

The amusing thing about that is that I personally know three or four people (the fourth is wavering) who'd sub for a month if it were $10, just to check out the game.
  8. Kravitz Augur

Haven't payed for a subscription fee in last 4 years, I make other players do that for me. Thank you Kronos, and thank goodness you can gift expansion codes now too. I see no reason to pay for development of this game the way its been run for the past 7-8 years along with false promises.:D
    Iila likes this.
  9. jiri_ Augur

Of course, if you're running on Kronos DBG is getting $18 for your subscription month rather than $15 or $10 or whatever installment plan you'd be on.
  10. Sebbina Augur

Odd, some one would pay 10$ to check the game out, but won't do so for free.
    Time Burner 2 likes this.
  11. jiri_ Augur

Progression servers ain't free, and they feel that they'd have more fun on Phinigel, which has a higher current population than any three Live servers put together. Progression servers are also the only servers where groups exist below level 85.
  12. Frornul Journeyman

I'll go with this answer, and I'll add that we also need an improvement to how we gather tradeskill ingredients: bushes, dens, stones, and such, that we can just right click on instead of searching for those tiny bags on the ground.