Whats the class of the day??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micker, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Micker Augur

Just wondering what the current OP class is in EQ?? Ever since I started playing EQ, there was always one or two classes that were THE class to play at a certain point. I have like 8 or so level 100 characters and haven't played in over a year. Was gonna play my mage, but they look totally broken right now.

What class would you play(at level 100+), if you were a returning player to EQ right now?? Mostly soloed or boxed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Grundged Lorekeeper

3. Sancus Augur

Lawl.
  4. Iila Augur

Yep, definitely mages.
  5. Sancus Augur

Mod rods so OP
  6. Ozni Elder

You picked a bad day to ask this question
  7. Warpeace Augur

Next expansion will introduce 4 new playable races of MAGE pets. Pick your favorite most nerfed pet and rule the lands....if you can escape the wet paper bag they come wrapped in:p .
    Igniz, Mayfaire, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  8. Reval Augur

Uh oh, it's class warfare. (applause)
    Omnicronimous and Carel Da Bard like this.
  9. Coronay Augur

10. Sarcogian Augur

not monks.
    Wonton, Drogba and Sancus like this.
  11. Kaliko Augur

Wizards, cause manaburn!
    Caemien and Sancus like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Physics 101
    Viper1 and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  13. Geri_Petrovna Augur

14. Leex Pewpewer

Wizards by far.

Those saying Mages are just trolls.
    Caemien, Drayze, Igniz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Mages.

Those not saying Mages...are Mages.

Berserker group dps is pretty ridiculous right now too, but mages are still hands down the best solo/group class.
    Axxius, Brohg and Tatanka like this.
  16. Sebbina Augur

Druid, definitely I can do a /w 1 40 in PoK and track down the runts to buff em, when i am in dawdle mode- which since i didn't buy TBM and went silver is all my play time.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Necro's hands down .. Followed as close as can be enchanters.

If you can't play a mage effectively send tells to mages who are competent enough to learn the class, with out saying they are broken.

necro / chanter ..
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

We seem to be in a golden age for Enchanters in 2015-2016:

-they have become one of, if not the strongest class in the 100+ game, including being able to effectively do things (rune tanking) that weren't traditionally part of the day-to-day toolkit.

-they are the #1 played class on several of the progression servers. I expect this to tail off towards PoP, and certainly into GoD/OoW when the 'average player" struggled to play the class well in the context of the content at the time.

Necromancers remain a solid solo choice (which they should).

I think it's a bit dramatic calling mages broken, as some have been. There's a lot of power there still.
  19. Igniz Augur

Aye, because if you put a wiz and a mage in a group, the mob was killed by the wizard before the mage has finished debuffing. But magicians at least got their pets, which can't hold aggro against anything as of now ... and the whole lot of Utility: We have CotH and Modrods, and CotH and Damage Shields and CotH - and don't forget CotH!
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Well considering that Wizards are basically #1 burst DPS, #1 sustained DPS, never run out of mana and don't nearly rely on ADPS as much as Mages, to me that say's Wizards are vastly superior to Mages.

Before you come back with some pet argument, pets can't tank atm and their DPS is about 25k burning..From the way I see it..Mages are next to SK's on how royally screwed they are getting.

Wizards are still the most OP class in EQ atm.
    Spellfire, Sancus and Igniz like this.
  21. Silv Augur

You guys realize that some employee just makes a fake new forum account to ask these questions on deciding who is next up on the chopping block, right? ;)
    Mayfaire, RPoo and Shiea like this.