PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Reval Augur

You guys have created a situation where I can't compliment tanks or mages without making them feel insulted, lol. I hope that you guys have fun in game grouping together, even if on boards things end up like this.

In the interests of getting the most important suggestion to people, I'll shorten it down to just this. If this is all about pet agro vs tank agro, just make it so that pets respect the assignment of a main tank in a group. I'd appreciate that when I play a pet class because I don't like it when everything's been going fine for 15 minutes and suddenly we have an add in camp, and my pet just happens to pull agro and die. I like to not have to worry about that, and in that area especially, I like the old pet vs player coding better.

Maybe if you guys are at this level of odds with the aggro, a video demonstrating your viewpoints would help. If you don't have a screen capture program, I know many cost money, but Jing lets you record up to 5 minutes for free.
  2. Sancus Augur

This is not about Mages vs Tanks. From what I've seen in game and on these boards, most tanks at the very least agree that these changes went *way* overboard.

What's happening in this particular thread is two or so tanks hate Mages enough to try to justify these changes without understanding anything about the class or their impact.
    Yimin and Igniz like this.
  3. Reval Augur

I editted my post down to what I thought was productive, so you may have replied to the original post. This is the first time I think I've changed the point of a post due to how drastically it was editted.

I think that it's difficult to say if the guy is a hater or not when it comes to class power. I played an enchanter in PoP, and I didn't think that they were overpowered. Looking back at it, they were overpowered. I was ks'ing groups of 4 people with a rogue, warrior, bard, and cleric doing the same content as just an enchanter. I feel like the right way to look at it is to just show visually what you guys are trying to describe. It's a lot more to the point, and if there is some imbalance, it shows people more clearly.

Frankly if the issue is all about aggro, I vote for the main tank coding solution. That way mage pets can be very solid aggro without having to be constantly maintained and balanced with player tanks, but aren't stepping on their toes. Still, if the tank dies, then the pet's aggro could become active, allowing it to "step up" appropriately.
  4. Makavien Augur

They don't even need to recode much they just need to boost the aggro back up starting at 50% on the swing hate and make both demeanor aa autocast on all pets and give that an on off switch like the other new aa. Making the demeanors land on all pets, would of most likely fixed any pet aggro issue to begin with .

If the 50% reduction in the nerf doesn't fix the issue combined with changing the demeanors to give them more control on the hate of all pets then they should raise that higher after a few days.

At least if I was the developer trying to keep both groups happy at the same time that is how I would go about it.
    Yimin likes this.
  5. Linden Augur

Meanwhile, back on my server tanks are now a sought after commodity once again. I have never seen a bigger cess pool. Of whiners and complainers then with the mage class. Look you got spoiled playing an OP class and now that the hammer has fallen the tears keep flowing. Cry me a cry me a river.if ever a clasd had the right to complain its the SK clas. And for the most part. They dont.
  6. Prymal Journeyman

They just have to change the pet taunt AA to put back what was nerfed and let the player base govern it themselves. Tank in group? Turn off the AA. If the pet class doesn't, use another button designed to fix agro issues called 'disband.'
    Yimin likes this.
  7. Drayze Elder

Linden I play on the same server....trust me, tanks have always been sought after over pets well before this nerf. Maybe you hadn't been sought after prior to this nerf but that doesn't mean all tanks weren't wanted....just you.
    Igniz, Viltaire, Agrippa and 3 others like this.
  8. Yimin Augur

Some on this post are calling openly for nerfing of one class the Mage , what they fall to understand is Mage is not the only pet class this thread is called Pet Tank for a reason , let me list the 3 to clear this up , Mage/Bst/Necro ... Today I have helped zero people get past any new content .... I see in general chat so many people wanting help with content , I just can't help them now because of this nerf , this very sad not enjoyable for me and I think for them also ..

Yi Min

PS I play a Bst now as my main , not that this is better then other two pet class, I just enjoy it more :)
  9. Agrippa Augur

I've been away for eight months and I'm a relatively new paladin, but I never had issues with pets when tanking in groups or raids. What suddenly changed to cause all of the whining and nerfs?
  10. Matari Augur

Mages are absolutely worthless now. Can't molo, bench warmers on raids, and absolute last choice for groups. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken and look at the mess they made.
  11. Linden Augur

Giving mages more control over the pet will not work either. Here is why, because it does nothing to curtail divide on the group level. Why waste a group slot on a warrior or tank class when you can add dps. So giving the mage more control over the pet and leaving thAt amount of aggro with Ae factored in wil continue to put tanks at a disadvantage as far as the group level is concern. Just take a look at your general chat channel and right away youll notice groups are looking for tanks again. That is nice to see. As far as mage dps, maybe push the devs in the direction of lowering the amoubt of hate generated by some spells.
  12. Linden Augur

Good point Leex. It would be nice to get his opinion on the amount of hate before this patch. But pre nerf no doubt put tanks at a disadvantage for grouping.. take a look at some of the posts in the other mage threads. Mages are saying that they need to start grouping with tanks again. If the nerf is as bad as you say. I hope that gets fixed too. I really do as long as it doesnt come at the expense of another class.
  13. segap Augur

Sancus likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

My class's niche is soloing. It has been for 16 years, and it is the only area in which my class excels relative to other classes. My DPS has been stagnated and nerfed repeatedly, and is mediocre at best. I do not have utility to bring to a group or a raid. You don't seem to accept the premise of my class, which is the ability to perform reasonably well on my own. With these changes, I simply cannot do so.

Of all classes, tanks likely had the least issues getting groups before this patch. There are only three tank classes, and the replacements for them are limited relative to other roles (have you seen tank mercs relative to the others?). If you really think you need more desirability in groups, I don't think it should come at the expense of three other classes.
    Igniz likes this.
  15. menown Augur

As a necro, I'll try charming again. I haven't done that in a while. And it is better agro than a Linden.
    Yimin, Igniz, Kcooler and 3 others like this.
  16. Kcooler Lorekeeper

17. Prymal Journeyman

Pet tanks will never take the place of a competent tank. Player tanks in almost every case are better. I drop my tank pet first chance I get whenever a tank can be found. The biggest trick, is finding a tank in diminishing player base.
    Yimin, Vdidar, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  18. Igniz Augur

1) Summoned pets don't have AoE aggro. Summoned pets do single target aggro. The ability to keep aggro from multiple mobs comes from the pet owner switching targets if multiple mobs are in camp. A role that used to be fulfilled by our RS line since DoDH, which they are unable to do since the last broken patch.

2) Real tanks are ALWAYS superior to pets, aggro-wise, tankability-wise and brain-wise. Pets are incredibly stupid at times, especially when pathing in a zone is botched. The only time I chose a pet over a real tank is when I know that the tank in question is even crappier, brain-wise, than the pet.

3) Our problem with "DPS" at the moment is not "hate generated by some spells". Even a cleric will pull aggro off a summoned pet at this time, simply by healing it. Now guess what happens to the wizard or berserker ...

4) Our problem with "DPS" at the moment is that mage DPS has been stagnated and nerfed multiple times because there are a relatively minor but awefully vocal group of people who regularly spam the forums with

Drayze and Sancus like this.
  19. Matari Augur

20. Vdidar Augur

I've gathered that Linden shouldn't be able to speak on these forums because he clearly lacks the intelligence to be useful.