pet aggro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thally, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Thally New Member

I think DGB should allow the pet classes to choose the agro setting of the pet this way if there is to much agro and a tank is unhappy the pet owner can adjust it according to the need and or situation like less agro if player tank is in the group. high aggro if melee and dps caster are the group and low if in a raid. this way if the tank is upset that pet is taking too much agro it falls to the pet owner not a nerf from DBG! allowing that could open more diversity for groups and if ie a mage or necro were going to burn but the pet would be set to high agro they could burn and not be a victim or have a non player group be victims of mobs. If a player tank were in the group but was not sure he going to survive a fight the pet class could set agro to medium and if the player tank dies the pet would have enough agro to take over and still save the rest of the group and maybe for in a situation like that switch the pet to aggressive agro . and have a efficiency agro setting for raids. This way everyone all the players and all the tanks and melee classes could work in harmony with the pet classes and pet owners would be responsible for the setting. this way if a player tank is saying pet have too much agro well it would be the owners fault not DGB allowing the pet cless to work with other groups and be responseible for the own pet and how strongly they want them to react to the situation and DGB would be clean and free of the issues of to much or to little agro. have a setting like tank mercs I think if aggressive would be super high agro balance agro would be like if a tank dyes pet can save the day and efficient for like raids. aggressive agro would be for like for pet tanking so caster and/or melee class can dps and still feel uncompromised..... I think this would be an awesome solution for everyone let the pet owners be responsible--- so DGB does not have to deal with it and that would be a ---Win WIN
    Drauger and Caell like this.
  2. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I could not agree with you more I would love DGB to give pet classes tools and abilities and utilities and hugs and kisses and back rubs to help reduce agro they could even help by creating tank classes to help when I need a tank to hold proper agro I also believe e this should be put into place for every class for example if they like you know gave classes the ability to drop or fade agro or the ability for dps to attack less if they are building agro or the ability to cast or heal less if they build agro while also giving us tools to over cast and dps and tank when required I think it would be super duper nice if they also allowed the ability for pets to cast candy and sing me love songs when we solo and mass it to the group when so they are all treated equal and not left out ooh and and I would like a single hot key that would automate all this yeah I'd be so overjoyed if all this wonderful stuff happened I would also love I'd there was an ability to require posters to make comprehensive sentNtanCes that did not run on ooh and the ability to make sure they know there class before making posts.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Periods were used in the original wall of text post.

I guess what I am confused about from a tank perspective is...why do you care if the mob hits a pet for fifteen seconds? Better the pet die than you, right? And for those who say that pets will replace tanks in groups, the funny thing is every tank that says that starts their tirade with "I was in this group with this pet class and the pet got aggro over me". Which means...the tank was grouped. What is the problem?
    Igniz and Sostenes like this.
  4. Mayfaire Augur

If a tank has aggro problems, then suggest to them that they max their hate aa's, then use all the tools given to them to hold aggro. They can also get rune augs that produce a lot of aggro, they can get face items that add force of anger, warrior weaps also have force of anger. There is so much available for tanks to use to help them hold aggro, this should not be an issue, especially at end game. And, if pets do grab aggro for a few seconds - which can happen since the recent changes to pet aggro - it doesn't mean much anymore. It no longer means the melee around you die, as the pet actually holds the aggro. This is just not an issue and should not be made one, imo. It seems to me that, 9.5 times out of ten, when people call for nerfs to other classes, it just means they themselves have some work to do.
  5. fransisco Augur

I have this suspicion tanks that are have agro problems with pets are bots, and most abilities are not being used, since managing 3+ toons gets really hard
    Steampunk likes this.
  6. Xanorak Lorekeeper

Yep that's what I was thinking too
  7. Xanorak Lorekeeper

What confuses me is why would they first allow pets to tank for melee's and then nerf the pets agro... It doesn't make sense. I hope they can make some changes because I just built my 3 box team with the intention of having Mage pet as tank..

Why would you give people Obama care and then decide to take away their health insurance
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Sostenes Augur

Mage pets are as useless as enchanter pets now :(
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Igniz Augur

Enchanter charm-pets tank well still :)
    Drauger likes this.
  10. WhycantIlogin New Member

I use mage pet to tank for my box group and even with provocative demeanour, the pets agro is now terrible. I had to change my rotation on my wiz or she just tanks everything now, never happened before.
    Faana likes this.
  11. Faana Augur

Just curious what's charmable now. I'm not seeing it.
  12. Faana Augur

Has anyone tested merc tank agro vs a pet now? Seeing how most of us have to rely on merctanks or pettanks.
  13. Prymal Journeyman

Happy with the pet changes in the past, convinced wife to come back. Boom. Patch. Agree with previous poster. Even with agro AA enabled, full pet AA's, mage agro weaps, mage air and earth pets can't hold the agro. (Also tried the nuke weaps as well.)

If you're running a mage then fire pet is the way to go with companions relocation.
  14. Sostenes Augur

I never thought I'd be posting this, but, if this will be how mage pets are going to be, even if I wanted to play, I cant play with this nerf and wont. This is like playing Super Mario Bros for years and suddenly Nintendo takes away Mario's ability to jump. :confused:

Sostenes
    Atlans, Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  15. Numiko Augur

I can now pull agro off my pet simply by sitting down.. and that is with the +40% agro aa turned on.
  16. Faana Augur

Nobody's mentioned enchanter 'swarm pets' like phantasmal opponents. For months now, using one=instant death. What's been done with them? You told us you'd fix it two months ago.
    Desean-Xeg likes this.
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

hey now mage pets do a lot more melee damage than the enchanter summoned pet. Additionally mages haven't gotten to the point of joking about there own pets.

MUCH LESS trying to convince Devs to give the class an AA that makes there pet explode doing AOE damage to players and non players alike. Still waiting on this btw, i got the SS of E agreeing to it!
  18. Makavien Augur

Adding this here since this is just about fixing the pets The below changes will fix all current problems with pets including repairing the over nerfing of their hate while still fixing them to be less of an issue on raids when tanks are dying or low endurance.

The pet aggro change did not seem to fix phantom aggressor it actually seems that it now jumps up in hate a bit faster.

I hope you guys are also listening to the feedback on the pet aggro changes reduce the nerf by 50 %

Make the Demeanor lines an aura that radiates from the main pet and effects all pets the player casts .

Make targeted area of effects not hit any pets or familiars.

Make swarm pets not able to be charmed or when they are do not allow them to take spots on the extended target window.

These changes should fix every issue that pets cause on raids that are outside the owners control right now and will also make them more tank friendly.

Pets could be annoying sometimes to tanks but this was by far an overnerf without a well thought out adjustment to make them more controllable.
    Caell likes this.
  19. deth New Member

I believe the idea of being able to control the agro is a great idea. maybe something along the lines of an AA like subtle strikes and subtle casting specifically for the pet class allowing you to control whether or not your pet controls all the agro, some of the agro, or gives all the agro to the player tank. what good is a pet designed to hold agro if they cant hold agro while your casting?
    Drauger likes this.
  20. Krisiun Lorekeeper

I don't know about mages, but as a nec, I was already able to control aggro.