Back and loveing it, thank you, QUestion on Boxing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Truewind, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Truewind New Member

First month back in 8yrs and im having a blast, and its only half because of this game I love so much, other half is the people. Everyone I have met has been so Nice and helpful. almost right away found a great guild full of awesome folk. ;) my question is on boxing , How do I get started? is it as simple as runin EQ on my comp twice on diff accounts then tabin over? is there a place I can go for boxing info? ;). Thanks again for all the love and help, has been Great Knight Truewind of VoX
  2. Clabuk Journeyman

im a 3 boxer and simply just play in windowed mode and use Alt+Tab to switch windows, along with making spam keys for melee as well as disc/AA Macro's to fire multiple discs or AA's in rapid succession and making a /pause, x5 /cast macro for caster's to fire those spells as well. makes Boxing much easier having ur boxes macro'd that way u dont have to pay 100% attention to one and lose DPs on the others, its much better. There's also a program called ISOBoxer you can use but it may get you banned for using a Third Party Program. id say safest way would be alt tabbing and after a couple hrs ull git familiar with your setup and get used to Alt Tabbing. if you use WASDQE to Maneuver than ur left hand really doesnt have to move alot since hotkeys are number based can just set ur Mash keys to #2 and cast macro's to #3 on Boxes and simply move your thumb and pinky to hit alt tab which will cause ur middle or index finger to hover over 2 and 3 so youll already be right there. This is simply how I do it, hope it helps.
  3. Truewind New Member

Thank you very much for the help that will get me started ;) thank you for your time, and again thank you all for the help the community here is amazing ;) have a great day
  4. Xanorak Lorekeeper

If you have a decent size monitor you can put eq into windowed mode (alt+enter) and drag the eq screens to make them smaller, allowing 2 EQ to fit on your screen/ and not having to alt tab. See what works best for you
    I 3 box on a 70 inch tv with 3 eq games running on the same screen but I think most people alt/tab
  5. Sebbina Augur

Some of us, use multiple comps/monitors, after all with 2 hands we have no reason not to be using both of them- just got to be sure that hotkeys are as alike as possible so that each hand is doing the desired activity. Unfortunately I have not yet evolved extra arms to take great advantage of 4 computers, but maybe in a few years i can get some transplanted on.