Auras for all classes at level 105--input needed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

Stop trying to "use logic" or "make sense" of bad UI being used as a class balance point.
  2. Random_Enchanter Augur

100% successful? I'd agree. But to what ever % you want to call the majority of the group being under amp and MR for all of there TC AAs give or take one spell? Its fairly doable, and i know i have gotten close on a Vitio raid with 3 wizzys a bard and a druid in group.
  3. Silv Augur

I'm fairly confident in saying that the co-ordination required to remotely make it worthwhile to do this is beyond most groups/guilds. Also, with the rapid depletion of ITC in many situations, it further diminishes the switch. There is no doubt it's the *most* efficient and effective ADPS but situations where it is feasible are few and far between IMO (esp. if you're the Mage group).
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Hey, thanks for necrorezzing this thread and reminding me about this project! So, let's see if my data is correct. The following do not use auras:

Beastlord
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Shadowknight
    Wizard

What about necros?
  5. Triconix Augur

The only "aura" that they have from what I know is a pboe dot thing.
  6. Silv Augur

They have the stupid DOT one but I don't know of any that regularly use it in a current setting.
  7. Sancus Augur

I checked out Augmenting Aura on test, and it is affecting Line of Sight nukes. This means the SPA is fixed, but the spell focus AAs haven't been updated to use the correct SPA.
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

UGH. You mean I'm going to have to go parse out all this aura junk AGAIN with mages? Stupid fixes :eek:
  9. Sancus Augur

Outside of Twincast I'd still much rather have TC Aura + MR. With the proc changes the aura isn't that relevant, but having the SPA work is nice considering the increasing number of things that use it (e.g. the augs from raid achs, spell focus AAs, etc).
    Spellfire and Silv like this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

I would very much like to see some parse numbers (hint hint oh mighty Sancus). Curious if Amp + MR would be better than TC in any capacity...
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Every time I see this thread, I am reminded that Warrior and Monk auras have not been updated since their introduction in Prophecy of Ro.
    Caziku and Triconix like this.
  12. Caziku Lorekeeper

Tell me about it. Wtb a new monk aura alternative. Preferably that has some offensive focus!
  13. Makavien Augur

Yeah Warriors is so underpowered compared to today's abilities it is almost not worth using. We also need to be able to use 2 auras like some other classes so we can click our circle of clickies without having to click off our weak aura. Especially when we are tanking since we can't channel enough to recast our champion's aura without flash of anger up.
  14. Sancus Augur

That's an interesting question.

Augmenting Aura + MR is definitely better while ITC/spell twincast is up (simply because TC aura does nothing at that time). TC Aura + MR is definitely better when those are down. Both of those are fairly easy to parse out (or use math to figure out). In a perfect world you would switch between the two, though the coordination and effort required to do so makes it somewhat annoying.

However, assuming you aren't switching, figuring out when TC Aura + MR out passes Aug + MR is quite a bit harder to determine (definitely more variables). While I'm pretty sure the former wins out fairly quickly after Twincast drops, I'd also like to see numbers to back that up. If anyone else has any parses on it that would be great, otherwise I might parse them if/when I think of a way to do so that isn't too annoying and is also relatively accurate.
  15. Siddar Augur

It got upgraded in TBM. It is now a echo arua that does 30kish damage every three seconds for thirty seconds.

Not useful in current content but a absolute grey con mob blender for pulling entire zones up until mid SoD.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Myrnyyk Journeyman

I hadn't thought of using it for that -- my pet did that for me. Maybe I have a reason to mem it now.
  17. Prymal Journeyman

Necromancer Fear Aura.

I've found the fear aura useful when well placed. (When mez (or lack of) is an issue) (Also includes standard pull(er) disclaimers.)

1) I can drop it behind the group (to limit the range a little) as a protection against mob(s) agro. <insert imagination or traumatic wipe memories>
    2) I can drop it when pulling some named's in cramped spaces when the named has other mobs. The other mobs flee in slow motion while group burns down named. Rinse and repeat to keep mobs fleeing.
    3) Drop it beside a wall and it will fear agro los mobs. Sometimes the dot trap gets me summoned.
    4) Solo'ing non summoned. Trap fear, dot, send assassin pet. Mob returns, 'boing' bounces off fear trap. Rinse and repeat. Useful for limited space fear kiting. Useful when you don't want to share XP with heal merc, or when you want to stack a lot dots and not pet tank / heal = killing faster.

Standard warnings included: Mob proximity's, pathing, etc.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Auras last as long as the invisible NPC that is casting them stays up and in range of you. Your Master's Aura Effect does have a permanent duration.

Monk version is 75 minutes; up from 30. The NPC's timer resets every time you zone; so if you are doing a lot of instances that are less than 75 minutes and you do not die then you won't have to recast auras too often.
    Fanra likes this.
  19. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Which invisible NPC? (I was under the impression that the aura came from me.)

The buff I have is called "
    Code:
    Masters Aura Effect:Permanent
    " - Is this named poorly?

/edit added code thingo to prevent it becoming a smiley
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Casting the Master's Aura combat ability summons an invisible man NPC with no visible name tag, named Master's Aura. I assume it has no-clipping enabled so that it can occupy the same space as your character. It is actually what generates the Master's Aura Effect, not you. The NPC lasts for 75 minutes now (after a patch that increased the duration from 30 minutes), but zoning effectively re-summons the NPC, therefor refreshing the aura's duration. The aura's effect is permanent until the NPC despawns. I know there's an NPC there because you can AE Taunt it, and back in the day you could even deal damage to it, prompting it to attack you.