cant get past server select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by svann, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hercules37 New Member

this ddos issue really needs to be addressed I can't believe that EQ is the only thing that is being effected by this. But I really don't know all that much about it so sorry if this sounds stupid.
  2. Quality Lorekeeper

Nm, looks like Roseville is getting hammered now. You guys gotta do something about mitigating ddos attacks =/
  3. Senek Journeyman

i know that this is going to sound stupid, but what is a ddos attack?
  4. Yzsr New Member

So since servers are down.. I was forced to get up from my desk and explore my house..Doing this i found my personal chef and shopper working on a laptop, I take said laptop and try to log in on that to the same issue of servers being down :mad: ..I also found another human whom calls me dad for some reason??!!:eek: .. We have some type of furry animal , if you do not belly rub in the right way has a form of Harm touch..Which will render you bleeding from the hand and wrists. I will now be going outside to see this thing the chef calls a sun? HALP!!
  5. Ophyllia New Member

This post wins EQ
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. cfrechen New Member

come on man.. give us an update already!!! people pay for this .. i was just about to pay one year gold on three accounts and buy two more expansion upgrades but, why the hell would i do that when customer service sucks and everytime i have extra time to play you cant keep the servers up or stable... jeezuz its like you dont want to make money!! you think people will keep coming back but, eventually people will go outside and find other things to do and not come back .... it was better and more reliable when i played on dial up in 2000
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL for how rarely the servers go down this is going to stop you fro renewing accounts and get expansions? Wait.. maybe you are just joking.. yeah that must be it.
  8. Quality Lorekeeper

Denial of Service - I am no expert, I only know what I googled last time the servers went down due to it. IIRC it's basically bots that overwhelm a server with traffic rendering it useless until the attacks stop. I am sure there is a better explanation then that, but I think that's the gist.
  9. Agnor Journeyman

Any updates?
  10. XanaronPovar New Member

Sensationalists always feel their loosely veiled threats will result in action.
    I'd prefer they fix the problem than to come onto the forums to calm you down.
    Thancra likes this.
  11. Hercules37 New Member

well here lately the servers have been coming down a lot more often then normal and I'm sure most would agree with this statement
  12. Vaelkyrie New Member

Well this is great. My friend just quit his job for EQ today...

And, it's my birthday tomorrow. Worst birthday present EVER Daybreak.
  13. Seberious New Member

well still no damn update on servers coming back up this is bs
  14. Gariel New Member

calm down count to 10 hold your breath and if your still alive this will not kill you
  15. Seberious New Member

i think it might, doesnt everyone eat drink and breath eq?
  16. Shiv New Member

I don't think asking for an update means that one should calm down. Especially after that 1 minute warning.
  17. Bewts Augur

Google is your friend. Try it sometime ;)

To answer your question, it is when a third party effectively eats up system resources on Daybreak's (in this case) servers that renders them inoperable and inaccessible by Daybreak customers.

Can be achieved in a multitude of ways which you can read about via your google search. The typical lingo used to describe these types of attacks are DDoS attacks (Direct Denial of Service); however that is only one form of a Denial of Service (DoS) attack a server administrator may face.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We should get double rare spawns because of this.

Hope our characters or account information are not compromised.
  19. Seberious New Member

well they have been down over an hr with no explanation other then they are aware of problem and are working on it
  20. cfrechen New Member

first of all i have constant issues with customer service. i have waited 2 weeks for a response from a ticket over crashing whenever i rez in zone.. not even a courtesy email asking if it was resolved .. which it isnt.. second servers are down quite a bit since DB has taken over or bugged .. plus everytime they bring severs down for UD they end up screwing something else up and servers end up coming down.. I am sorry you have no life and will blindly accept mediocre servers and service but i wont... and if more people instead of being fools like corwhyn and xanaron and being ok with the way they dont really care about the customer!! it is now 650 pm est last UD was at 447 pm est.. i am unreasonable to expect some kind of update in a 2 hour period since it has been over 4 hours since the issues started effecting the game??