FYI: Fixing TBM Itemization Bugs/Issues is a Focus For the Team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Durew Journeyman

I agree, what went wrong? Where has the communication been?
  2. Aanita New Member

- Added Finesse II and Instrumental Combat focuses to Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute, Marrow's Song and Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo.

- Marrow's Song - Aria of Absolution Rk. III make no sense, i would rather see Kaficus' Spiteful Lyric Rk. III or Dirge of Salubra Rk. III as they are brass songs. currently the item is not worth looting, a instant clicky plus the combat focus will bring it up to par
  3. Geri_Petrovna Augur

(my capitalisation, your words)

Totally forgot that you had a direct line to DayBreak, and were privy to what they intend.

Code:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3897 - Barbed Ringmail 50HP

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4928 - Runed scout's Breastplate 40 HP

Here's an example from Velious, where groupable armor had more hp's than "raid" (at that time) equivalent. Do you still stick by your statement?

I note you haven't posted a magelo, or even hinted at your class. Curious, why not?

/edit hyphen broke a URL
  4. Risiko Augur

Good job fixing some of the bugs DBG.

To the people complaining or asking for this that and the other, try to keep in mind there's only like five people left working on EQ at DBG ;)

You should probably be grateful the servers are even still on lol.
    Kiillz likes this.
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

Look at the other stats. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't +7 ac, +6 dex, +6 sta, +14 wis, +6 agi, and +60 mana far outweigh -10 hp and -3 str for that era? What would +6 sta translate into as far as extra hp and end goes? Wasn't it difficult to max more than 1 stat at the time? A shield that is obviously a normal group piece (stats wise) having a type 9 aug slot is obviously unintended.
  6. Makavien Augur

Hes talking ac not hp , Items from the group game have always been less ac than the raid game of even the previous expansion tier 1 especially since the gear reset or whatever you want to call it since TSS.

Grouping tanks especially warriors got all the help they needed with defensive prof , no time to bleed , rage of the forsaken , and dichotomic shielding you guys really didn't need your non visible slots to surpass the raiders non visibles in ac.

Now on the other side of this argument your gear does need appropriate mod 2 s to max shielding and avoidance. Because they are 2 of your most important stats and should of never dropped below max.

Velious was a completely different game also and is not in any way comparable to today's everquest. Warriors had taunt kick and disarm back then and a few long very long refreshing disciplines. An experience you can't even recreate. And the very last part that makes your link not even comparable Kael armor / pog armor / and tov armor was 1 groupable in velious.
  7. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

"so did you figure out what the problem was?"

Ya ya they had a Dzarn , stuck in the Aristo slot again....

"I keep telling them they are not fungible but do they listen...."
    Elricvonclief and Geri_Petrovna like this.
  8. Triconix Augur

1) The fact that you had to dig all the way down to Velious makes your retort look pretty desperate.

2) The fact you left out all the secondary stats when posting two items really highlights your manipulation/deceit in comparison analysis.

In Velious, the stats were vital because it was seldom that a character was maxed in more than 1 to 2 categories. The 6 stamina I'm sure made up for the 10 less hp, plus the other bp has more ac, dex, wis, mana, and SVs. Plus it had a clicky.

4) He's a warrior.
  9. Darkark Augur

I dunno ... "21 expansion packs and 15 years ago there was AN ITEM, and it proves you wrong! So how about you put that in your pipe and smoke it huh?!"

Hard to argue with.

You should probably just graciously accept defeat and move on, it's the honourable thing to do I think.
    Caell, Elricvonclief, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

I really wish they had an emoji with tears of laughter because this post seriously just had me laughing hysterically.

Thank you for brightening up my day :D

*Walks away with head down in shame*
    Caell, Elricvonclief and Sheex like this.
  11. Stonereq Journeyman

Two things.
    1. Will there be a new level of EM added to the current TBM pet ear or can I go about my business and plan to not get it and favor other mods from other ears while keeping my TDS ear to summon pets.

2.- Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Vampiric Strike XIII from The Shattering Maw and changed the proc from Force of Corruption XI to Force of Corruption XIV.

Should be The Tainted Maw. Also why remove the Sympathetic Proc? I thought you were maybe throwing beastlords a bone for the lack of added 2 hand AA we get. And as others said the Corruption based melee proc is terrible in this expansion.

Thank you for your consideration.
  12. Stonereq Journeyman

Also to note it would not be the first time a Sympathetic proc was on a beastlord weapon either as it was on the RoF Quest weapon.
  13. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Garbage like this is dropping in the new Plane of Hate group instance (all characters were 105). Hope this gets addressed as well...

[IMG]
    Hiladdar likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

It's a level 75 aug.

For all the level 75s groups farming the new pofear/pohate.
  15. Kearstin Elder

16. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

It was dropped by Grandmaster R`tal. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=50341

A poster there seemed to think he was tough. *shrug* We dropped him in 23 seconds. The minis only have 10 million hitpoints, and none of them are very difficult.
    Kearstin likes this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

Yeah....there needs to be a Mega-like button for posts like Dark's there.
  18. Hellboy007 Augur

Any idea of the weapon augs are getting a proc added to them?
  19. Kearstin Elder

thanks

it's not much of an upgrade because if you need more hp for level 75 content you go afk in the guild lobby or at teek but it is 2ac 185hp better than my worst aug, decent caster aug until level 90 or so
  20. Elizabeta Augur

What I see are some great cooks who are not listening to their taste testers and serving malformed dishes to the populace.