FYI: Fixing TBM Itemization Bugs/Issues is a Focus For the Team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Absor Developer

The saying about too many cooks remains true in game design. I, for example, would likely only make things worse if I were to fiddle with items. So I went and fixed the instancing stuff on TLP. I was "focused" on that. Dzarn is focusing on items right now, and I am willing to bet the he's happy that my focus is elsewhere. There's nothing worse than having two people trying to edit the same data.

A
  2. Silv Augur

What if there were multiple cooks all making pie for Prathun?!

Glad these changes are coming and they look great. Now... if we could just get some news about those evolving spells...
    Elricvonclief and PrathunEQ like this.
  3. Galarian Elder

Thank you, Dzarn!
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  4. Makavien Augur

Well given the fact the expansion has been out 2 months and almost every single item is messed up in one way or another and this all should of been fixed in beta , only 1 person working on fixing it doesn't make much sense and what happened to aristo ?
  5. Silv Augur

I would just be happy Dzarn is on it right now and not ask other such questions... just my 2 cp. Dzarn is a beast with fixes and logic so I think itemization is in good hands for the time being.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Just happy some of this stuff is getting addressed. That is a massive list of stuff too.

Great job Dzarn!

PS - Still hoping enchanter visible TBM AC is atleast vocalized whether its intended or needs its values adjusted (which most of us believe it should be)
    Caell, Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  7. Silv Augur

Yeah... there is a post on the Caster forums about Enchanter visible armor AC not only being less than TDS on *every* slot but also identical to the other casters. That's kindof like going back in history when all casters had one armor option between the four. May be worth a dev's time to give it a glance. Although, I think AC values across the board are a lil off for visibles. And yes - I know they spread it through the sets some so it may 'look' better with it all but when each piece is lower value than TDS that is odd.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

Yeah I have saw the post and I had the calculations myself for quite some time. I just chose to literally not talk about it since that last post you quoted where I literally said I will not talk about it again lol. I am just hoping they are going to atleast look at it. Just doesn't make any sense the way it currently is.

Still have hope! :)
    Silv likes this.
  9. Makavien Augur

Well I'm not mad just saying. Warriors biggest hate tool is also broken and considering dzarn would also be the one fixing that . And pet aggro needs to be made less massive also since they can now steal aggro if you don't rotate your abilities perfectly or the pet class doesn't feel like turning taunt off causing us to not be able to do part of our job npc positioning which should be fixed too .
  10. Prymal Journeyman

Don't swing the nerf bat at pets just because their owners can't use turn off taunt, switch on pet calm, o suspend the pet and summon another that fits in with the group.

(E.g, Necro's can suspend their tank pet with mage armor, mask and agro weapons and bring out teir assassin, or Mages can agro control their air pets dps pets)

If the pets steal agro, big deal. Just make sure the healer knows not to heal them, or let the pet owner do it themselves.
  11. WhycantIlogin New Member

Pets with taunt on are just about where they need to be - roughly equivalent agro generation to a merc tank. If it was a ranger taunting it would cause you trouble too, and you'd tell him to stop. If you have a mage who won't turn taunt off, tell him to do it or remove him from group.
    Its the remorseless servants that need their hate generation nerfed, those things are massive agro hogs now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Tevik Augur

How about focus effects for these instruments? They're missing both the song extension focus effect and the melee dmg focus that have been on all recent instruments. Will these be added as well? As it is, there's no real reason to use these ever.
  13. Makavien Augur

It's pets with taunt off that are not where they should be . Like they need to cut the aggro in half of pets with taunt off and servants then make taunt boost their hate by 50% or something. That would fix all the issues pets can cause on raids , or owners not doing the right thing. And give warriors grasp back to position the npcs like we should be able to no matter what the pet owner is doing.. And I am not saying give back all the big gravity things but at least paladins* need divine call , warriors need warlords grasp and sks need a small range gravity ability just like that.
    Janakin likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

Is this a joke? Yes, let's call for pet nerfs in an items thread. The changes to pets were stupid, but nerfing my pet because the devs decided to screw with them for TLPers is absolutely ridiculous.

Phantom Aggressor needs to be fixed, but pet aggro does not need to be changed.
    Janakin, Brohg and Iila like this.
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

hCHA, in theory, adds more faction swing based off the %. so 2500 hCha would give you 100% more faction swing. IE with 2500 hCHA a kill giving you -1 would give you -2. Don't know if it works but eh.

eh, i was close. i figured it did something 'more' useful than it does. it still amounts to 20 mana per cast @1000 Clairvoyance and 40 per cast @2000 Clairvoyance. Fairly close. we were playing horse-shoes with hand-grenades right?;)
  16. Makavien Augur

I am not trying to ask for a nerf I am trying to get the wheel turning in a fully thought out change because the current change was not thought out completely. If a change does not take away power from you its not a nerf . It is a revamp.

Take a second and think does your pet need such huge aggro when you have taunt off ?
    Does your servant need such a massive amount of hate when taunt is off ?

No they don't because if you have taunt off you don't want them to get aggro correct ?
  17. Axxius Augur

Pretty sure it was confirmed by the devs that hCHA does nothing at all.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Can I play horseshoes with hand grenades? Sounds fun
  19. Iila Augur

Hcha's faction mod DOES work. But only on factions that specifically allow it.

Which is pretty much just SoF factions and PoWar.
  20. Silv Augur

^This. Outside of that expac/zone hCHA does nothing. Confirmed by devs, etc. That's the reason Chandrok stopped making slot 7/8 augs with hCHA on them after VOA and the reason why it was no longer included in stat distribution on gear in calculating heroic values (because it would cause some to lose out on actual relevant stats). Why in the world we have a +12 hCHA aug or +50 on every other item is a mystery.
    Iila likes this.