FYI: Fixing TBM Itemization Bugs/Issues is a Focus For the Team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Why can't I like Dzarn's post like 100 times?? ;)
  2. Kearstin Elder

Preserving Dredger's Sleeves

Magic No Trade Infusible
    Slot: ARMS
    Purity: 50
    AC: 89
    Effect: Cleave VII - 26 (Scaling) (Worn)
    Focus Effect: Raging Embers I
    STR: 19+1 DEX: 15+4 STA: 19+1 CHA: 13+1 WIS: 15+1 INT: 10+1 AGI: 17+1 HP: +458 MANA: +447
    SV FIRE: +20 SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +18 SV MAGIC: +19 SV POISON: +20
    Attack: +12 Regeneration: +3 Mana Regeneration: +2 Damage Shield: +1
    Combat Effects: +2 Strikethrough: +1% Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +3 Accuracy: +2 Stun Resist: +1% DoT Shielding: +1% Dmg Shld Mit: +2
    Recommended level of 80.
    Required level of 75.
    WT: 5.6 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: RNG ROG SHM BER
    Race: HUM BAR ELF DEF HEF DWF TRL OGR HFL GNM IKS VAH FRG DRK
    Slot 1, type 5 (General: Multiple Stat): Elegant Sulstone of Deftness
    Slot 2, type 7 (General: Group): empty
    Slot 3, type 9 (General: Point Augments): Elegant Spitegem of the Sturdy
    Slot 4, type 13 (Energeiac: Group): empty
    Slot 5, type 21 (Special Ornamentation): empty

Paragon's Chain Sleeves

Magic No Trade Infusible
    Slot: ARMS
    Purity: 40
    AC: 100
    Effect: Cleave VII - 05 (Worn)
    Focus Effect: Blaze of the Greken II
    STR: 24+5 DEX: 23+5 STA: 23+5 CHA: 21+4 WIS: 20+4 INT: 18 AGI: 22+4 HP: +914 MANA: +903
    SV FIRE: +30 SV DISEASE: +30 SV COLD: +30 SV MAGIC: +30 SV POISON: +30
    Attack: +22
    Regeneration: +3
    Mana Regeneration: +2
    Damage Shield: +2
    Combat Effects: +4 Strikethrough: +1% Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +4 Accuracy: +6 Stun Resist: +1%
    DoT Shielding: +1%
    Dmg Shld Mit: +1 Heal Amount: +6 Spell Dmg: +6 Clairvoyance: +13
    Recommended level of 80.
    Required level of 75.
    WT: 4.3 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: RNG ROG SHM BER
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, type 7 (General: Group): empty
    Slot 2, type 13 (Energeiac: Group): empty
    Slot 3, type 21 (Special Ornamentation): empty

want to take a wild guess as to why level 75s aren't hunting gear in tbm?

there is one seeming upgrade in the entire expansion em12 available at level 75 when previous to tbm only em8 was available. that upgrade doesn't work as there are no em12 templates for level 75 pets, wearing an oozing bone spike means any pet you summon will be unfocused

you wouldn't see them anyways as base content is vastly too difficult for level 75, they are required to use level scaling instances. if you are wearing gear so that Preserving Dredger's Sleeves would be an upgrade even a single trash mob in level 75 scaling content would be very difficult to beat

alternatively you could take your character/group to sod and everyone will be rewarded with paragon gear, it's the exact same issue with all previous content that was "scaled down to 75" it's extremely impractical to do any of the content if anything from doing the content is an upgrade
  3. Triconix Augur

Yes, please keep Neglection Flayer. It's the only desirable weapon for a warrior since RoF saw our T3 rune proc wep. Every other weapon since has been cookie cutter junk with a lame proc.
    Galarian likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

Would very much like to reiterate this. The procs on the caster 2HB's should be an upgrade to the CotF/Arx procs, not a downgrade. The only part that made them worthwhile was the 3rd proc aug, which is now also being taken away (understandable I suppose, but unfortunate).

My two other complaints about itemization:
    • Soulcatcher Earhoop only has EM 23, which is the same as the Arx ear (Os Avus). I am very much opposed to our pets being stagnated, especially considering the relatively large leaps player gear got with this new itemization system.
    • Magician raid Chest and Legs (Deathseeker's Flameweaver Robe and Deathseeker's Flameweaver Pants) each lost 6 spell damage from their Arx versions.
  5. Randragon Augur

Sancus said:

Did you do a complete comparison on the whole armor set?
    Most times they are tweaked across the set.
  6. Sancus Augur

Across all of the Mage visibles, the overall SD increases from 387 to 394 with TBM. While that is an overall increase, it's less than a point a slot. I really don't believe that Aristo said something to the effect of "hrmm, Mage Pants/Robe (which are the visibles with the highest stats) have the highest spell damage, instead I think Arms should have the highest SD." It's certainly possible that I'm wrong, but considering the state of itemization in this expansion I'm going to assume it was a mistake until a dev confirms that it is intended.
  7. Iila Augur

Dzarn trying to deal with item bug reports
    [IMG]
    Janakin, Hiladdar, Eaiana and 15 others like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have yet to meet anyone who likes Heart of Fear.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Axxius and Iila like this.
  9. Iila Augur

T3 and T4 should have been packaged together as one tier. T3 was better than T4 in pretty much every way, but having two raids obsolete all the T2 raids was just bad. Then T4 was one huge purple turd of a quake 1 map split into three zones filled with more (non)purple crap.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Randragon Augur

The devs sure love the color purple. Must have been a run of it at Home depot.

" All Purple Must Go" Sale.
  11. Darkark Augur

What's wrong with purple?
  12. Zunar Augur

I'd like to see TBM Beastlord Tunic clicky be something else than a copy paste from The Darkened Sea.
    We never had the EXACT same clicky two expansions....focus effect, yes, but not clicky effect. And, it's boring.
  13. Tyraxor Augur

Hmm i didn't look at it this way tbh, gear obsoletes all the time.
    Nature of the beast, guilds farm stuff because there is nothing else to do...did anyone really need full TDS gear for TBM?

RoF T2 stayed relevant because of the achievement & chaser item system, and the much bigger amount of items / week for people who didn't raid every week.

But yea, T4 marked the turning point and i actually felt it back then when i saw those copy & paste, loveless black "zones"...i thought if that's the future, i'd rather quit.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Heart of fear was supposed to be the first Heroic Adventure zone but the system wasn't ready in time so instead you got a huge relatively empty zone. It was then split into three parts for the same reason as Sepulcher: The original zone was too big and caused crashes so they had to split it up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What happens to the augs that are in a slot that gets removed, like the slot 9 in the Shield of Dreams? Do they show up in our inventory, or does DB just destroy them?
  16. Brohg Augur

they'll be on your cursor when you log in
  17. Triconix Augur

Based on syntax, he meant the entire expansion as a whole. "It was awesome in the end even though it was spread out in 4 parts" implies that he is talking about all the tiers, not just tier 4. In which case, I would have to agree. Overall, RoF was the best expansion we've seen in quite a long time.
  18. Viltaire Augur

I actually liked tier 4. I think I might be the only one. I spent a lot of time there and enjoyed it immensely.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  19. Styles Journeyman

You would think after 16 years they'd have some knowledge and wisdom on designing content, clearly that reasoning doesn't work for the eq team.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  20. Janakin Augur

Exactly, not the end, but in the end :b