Opening launcher, but then it closes immediately

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dekrow, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Dekrow New Member

Title says it all. I double my everquest shortcut, then the launcher attempts to load. Once it loads completely, the program closes. Any ideas on what is causing this?
  2. Dekrow New Member

Update: I still can't seem to fix this problem. I suppose I'm going to attempt to reinstall before the next big patch update, because I'm worried I won't be able to get the update if my launcher doesn't work. Was hoping someone had a way to fix the issue without me going through all that :p
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have you tried opening it with administrator access? Right click and Run as Administrator? I assume it was working fine before and then just stopped working?
  4. Dekrow New Member

I just tried running as administrator. It doesn't seem to help. And yes, I've been using the launcher with no problems at all for a few years now, it's odd that it suddenly stopped working.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder if the settings in your firewall got reset? Occasionally happens to me where I have to reset permissions on one of my computers.
  6. Myric New Member

I seem to be having the same problem, did you find a fix for this?
  7. Zevv New Member

I've been having the same problem for several days now too. Launchpad closes as soon as it pops up on screen. Tried running as administrator, same result. Tried disabling my firewall, same result. Can get into game by bypassing launcher though. Crashing a whole lot lately too, but that started before log in problems.
  8. Dekrow New Member

No haven't found a fix yet Myric. Though I'm sorry that this is happening to you, I am glad some more people are helping me shed light on this. I hope this gets daybreak's attention now and they can address the issue.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know you have probably all read this in the support area but thought I would post it just in case. Apparently some pop up blockers can also interfere with launchpad.

"
    LaunchPad Troubleshooting

Answer ID 29017 | Published 06/23/2011 10:22 AM | Updated 08/19/2015 04:06 PM
    My LaunchPad cannot finish the download, or keeps downloading the same files over and over. What can I do?
    If LaunchPad continuously downloads the same files every time you launch, the following are a few steps you can take.
    Run as Administrator

Right-click on the LaunchPad icon and select "Run as Administrator" to load it with full access. Log in and enter the game as you would normally.
    Conflicting Software

The following programs are not legitimate anti-virus software and have been known to cause issues with the LaunchPad. These are non essential programs that may adversely affect computer performance. None of these programs are necessary to run Windows.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    Browser Toolbars

In addition, some browser toolbars (such as Goodle Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar) provide popup-blocking that can cause connection problems while using LaunchPad. It is recommended that you uninstall them, reboot the machine, and then re-launch the game. These can also effect game performance and hinder the connection to the game servers.
    Reset your Internet Options

Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.
    1. Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. Click on the Advanced Tab.
    4. Click on Reset.
    5. Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    6. Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    7. Click OK.
    Reset Router

Routers are the number one cause of connection issues for players of our games. In most cases of connection issues, the router is either blocking the ports needed to patch and play our games or is "clogged" and needs to be reset. Try turning off your router for 15 seconds, then turning it back on to see if this improves your patching process.
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache

Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
    Antivirus / Firewall

You may want to make sure nothing is interfering with the LaunchPad such as a real-time antivirus scanner, a firewall, or spyware/adware on the computer. Add your game as an exception to bypass your virus protection software. Please check out the following articles for more information.
    Windows Proxy Settings

To adjust the Windows Proxy Settings, which the LaunchPad uses to connect, please check out this article
    For Players that use the Steam Client

Navigate to Steam\SteamApps\common\H1Z1 and delete or rename the LaunchPad.libs file.
    Still Stuck?

If the LaunchPad is still having issues after taking these steps, please contact Customer Support.

LaunchPad Troubleshooting

Answer ID 29017 | Published 06/23/2011 10:22 AM | Updated 08/19/2015 04:06 PM
    My LaunchPad cannot finish the download, or keeps downloading the same files over and over. What can I do?
    If LaunchPad continuously downloads the same files every time you launch, the following are a few steps you can take.
    Run as Administrator

Right-click on the LaunchPad icon and select "Run as Administrator" to load it with full access. Log in and enter the game as you would normally.
    Conflicting Software

The following programs are not legitimate anti-virus software and have been known to cause issues with the LaunchPad. These are non essential programs that may adversely affect computer performance. None of these programs are necessary to run Windows.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    Browser Toolbars

In addition, some browser toolbars (such as Goodle Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar) provide popup-blocking that can cause connection problems while using LaunchPad. It is recommended that you uninstall them, reboot the machine, and then re-launch the game. These can also effect game performance and hinder the connection to the game servers.
    Reset your Internet Options

Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.
    1. Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. Click on the Advanced Tab.
    4. Click on Reset.
    5. Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    6. Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    7. Click OK.
    Reset Router

Routers are the number one cause of connection issues for players of our games. In most cases of connection issues, the router is either blocking the ports needed to patch and play our games or is "clogged" and needs to be reset. Try turning off your router for 15 seconds, then turning it back on to see if this improves your patching process.
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache

Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
    Antivirus / Firewall

You may want to make sure nothing is interfering with the LaunchPad such as a real-time antivirus scanner, a firewall, or spyware/adware on the computer. Add your game as an exception to bypass your virus protection software. Please check out the following articles for more information.
    Windows Proxy Settings

To adjust the Windows Proxy Settings, which the LaunchPad uses to connect, please check out this article
    For Players that use the Steam Client

Navigate to Steam\SteamApps\common\H1Z1 and delete or rename the LaunchPad.libs file.
    Still Stuck?

If the LaunchPad is still having issues after taking these steps, please contact Customer Support.
    Aaikan likes this.
  10. Dekrow New Member

Thanks for the post Corwyhn, I'm going to create a checklist and try each of these out over the next few hours while I work. I'll report back any successes
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart