One hundred people are given an item to sell to a merchant...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Lianeb Augur

wait till the 7th hour and sell it to the most common vendor you can find. You know the one EVERYONE checked early in the 8 hour period
    Styles likes this.
  2. Randragon Augur

"a goblin merchant' in Solusek A
  3. Darkark Augur

This guy:

[IMG]

Good luck getting your back from him :)
    Sancus and Sheex like this.
  4. Makavien Augur

The vendors down in the old Crystal Caverns , Or the Sarnak vendor that roams outside chardok. Barely anyone has the faction for this and I have been ally since kunark.
  5. Uuvin Augur

So many people missing the restrictions given and reasons behind it. Most of the suggestions here are easily circumvented with sneak. A rogue with sos can get to any location in the game and then cons indifferent to vendors and can use any vendor that allows buying and selling at that faction which most do. Merchants that can be killed are not allowed. Merchants that are not up 24/7 are not allowed. Instances ( that can collapse after you leave or drop the mission) are not allowed. None of the suggestions I see here have a restriction that a rogue cannot handle (other than mine). Some don't even meet the parameters given. Makavien threw me for a moment because I didn't even know about that vendor, but rogue sneak should defeat that. Darkarks suggestion in thuliasaur is neat, but its a restricted access zone ( do those count?) and anyone who has worked parrot aug should have faction for it. Unless I totally don't understand what you mean. Besides which it seems that mob can be attacked / killed? So it would not be acceptable
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

I'd go with either
    -that one old vendor that sells a single item from an old world zone that used to be incredibly useful for a certain class (hint its a bag vendor)
    - one of the equine vendors out in some of the most annoying zones ever
    - a human vendor in a likewise annoying to travel though zone as the equine ones.
  7. Viper1 Augur

Actually, all he said was that YOU can't kill the merchant, not that it can't be killed period. If said merchant dies of natural causes, I have to interpret that as acceptable based on what op said at the beginning.
  8. Silv Augur

Annnnnnnd you totally missed the joke on this one. Just sayin'
  9. Gundolin Augur

Given an infinite number of players yes, Makavien's would get found. But if he was doing this in say a 20 person game I think this would be a pretty good spot. It meets the original requirements, is way out of the way. Unless someone knows Makavien has a love of the zone I don't think many people would think to look there. I for one had no idea there even was a merchant down there.

BTW your suggestion of Shelsy Shadestepper may be the winner but had we played this I think I would have had near zero chance of finding either.
    Sheaffer likes this.
  10. lancelove Augur

That guy on the other server that spams guild chat
  11. beryon Augur

This is what I thought of reading the title:

[IMG]
    Silv likes this.
  12. Jyve Augur

North Freeport. Unless you've bound there in the past, no-one else is reaching it. From there, all the old pre-revamp zones for anyone who IS bound there still to have to do a bit of searching.
    Beimeith and roguerunner like this.
  13. Sebbina Augur

I know one, and 8 hours to search merchants would almost certainly miss it. There are some that while in the open are level limited, so that only higher levels could safely use the merchant. Making 100 or even 25 or so character marked items would likely be annoying to produce for a one off, though using something like a primary anchor with 2 parts one sellable could prob be done- end of time, click the kept part to summon the sold item if it is still on merchant.
  14. roguerunner Augur

Maybe the brownie merchant in steam factory?
  15. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Any merchant that is all the way in the back of the city.

Such as ... hm ... the Fletcher in SQ, since the door to his building is facing the back wall (IIRC).
    Silv likes this.
  16. Geri_Petrovna Augur

roguerunner and Silv like this.
  17. Faana Augur

If we're looking for fun stuff to do, I've always wanted to geocache gear for lowbies. It would help them learn the zones too.
  18. Madeni Elder

Thurgadin
  19. Bluemeanie New Member

The vampire merchant in maidens eye vampire fortress. Or one of those merchants in and around sanctus seru. It would take 8 hours to examine everyone in that place
  20. Firesyde424 Journeyman

I would go with the kerra merchants on kerra isle. Even in classic EQ, almost no one ever went there.