Phinigel Expedition/Instancing Bugs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Radien, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Fibber! You've got Phin exped too!
  2. Absor Developer

We think we have a handle on the multiple loot lockout thing. There may be a short-term workaround to not have this happen. We think this is happening when your first NPC kill in the zone includes more than one NPC dying at the same time. You might be able to avoid this if you make sure to kill your first NPC by itself before moving on.

A
  3. Finley Augur

Is there any chance your team will be able to reset lockouts for players that have extremely long ones? We thought the extended lockout was related to adding players to our dz... but obviously we don't want to go experimenting since it really hurts us to have these extended lockouts.
  4. Catashe Augur

That doesn't seem to be all of it either cause the Fear raid I was with didn't start going higher til we were half way through killing Fear... =\
  5. Vaclav Augur

I've got a theory myself now Absor to test after arriving late to our Vox that we were able to workaround the Loot Lockout issue for. (However the workaround didn't work for Nagafen or Fear, mind you... so odd in being different...)

When I entered the zone LATER than others I only got a single (Extra one putting mine at 18 days - I still had 11.5 days loot lockout when I entered) loot lockout with only Vox being killed after mine. People that were there earlier ended up with up to 32 days of loot lockout however.

And it sounds like multiple waves of people were getting to the zone late.

Could it be that whenever new people are arriving in the zone that should get a loot lockout that EVERYONE is getting the loot lockout applied to them rather than just the people that don't currently have one?

(i.e. Group creates a Nagafen instance with 6 - kills a giant. They all get 6.5 days. They add another group - kill another giant. First group now has 13 days, second has 6.5. Add another group - kill another giant. 19.5, 13, 6.5.... etc)
  6. Krimzin Augur

Im the GM of In Virtue and Im telling you I would love to buy instances from you DBG, and Im not the only one. My guild would happily pay $50 an instance. I'm so sick of dealing with all these lockouts and timers that dont work just, just sell us working instances and make some money.

I can honestly say my guild alone would purchase at least 3-4 raids per week.
    Berran likes this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Reset Token seems the most sensible approach to accomplish such. Perhaps by individual raid, or to remove all lockouts entirely.
  8. Raewhen Journeyman

You could go play this other well known game. They have constructed this World where you can go practice Warcraft in raid instances very easily. You don't even need a guild. Or to be good at the game. I feel like it might be perfect for players like you.
    Seraphim likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

A well promoted feature of the server isn't currently functioning, there's good reason to be upset with it. What are you playing on this server for (or commenting on it's issues), if you find the idea of instanced raids to be a negative thing?
    MamaBear likes this.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Sigh =/

Watched Fear increase all night:

[IMG]
  11. Vaclav Augur

Any idea if it fit my muse, Jain?
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm not sure, this is my dzadd logs:

[Tue Jan 05 21:14:01 2016] Xenos has accepted your offer to join your expedition.
    [Tue Jan 05 21:53:09 2016] Sharps has accepted your offer to join your expedition.
    [Tue Jan 05 22:00:43 2016] Zyro has accepted your offer to join your expedition.
    [Tue Jan 05 22:14:51 2016] Spark has accepted your offer to join your expedition.
    [Tue Jan 05 22:32:08 2016] Octavius has accepted your offer to join your expedition.

Maybe useful to a dev? We saw it increased from 6 > 12 > 19 days.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Does look like "3 waves" of people joining there w/ 3 increases to the LL timer.... /cross fingers... maybe I've mused a working theory.

21:14 batch
    Next batch is about 8 min apart
    Final batch is about 15 min apart (which maybe you were prepping for draco or something else serious that a pause that long without killing would make sense - wouldn't on trash obviously, but looks late into the raid - like you'd expect would be when you'd start on bigger game)
  14. valek New Member

Makes sense to me since I was in first group that zoned in and got 32 day lockout on Vox.
  15. Ishkur Elder

I see we've already hit Reductio ad WoWum.
    yerm and Poydras like this.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The zone had also gone batshit insane by the end of the night. There were two dracos up and two CT's:

[IMG]
    Frottage likes this.
  17. DuchessElindra Elder

/sigh

Curent heroic raids on wow are harder than everything I ever came accross in my EQ life.

Besides, Phinny's point is to have instanced raids. Otherwise people would play on other TLP. Not working instances feels like an insult to every players putting time (and sub) into this server.
    Kuldiin and MamaBear like this.
  18. Finley Augur

I'm a patient person. I would have waited till some point in 2016 for Phinigel server. I'm patient enough to play on a server with bugs, bugs that prevent me from accessing key features of the server. What I worry about is the fact that we're on such a quick unlock table and they're unable to deliver the features. People were complaining about only 12 weeks, well I am going to wind up with much less than 12 weeks of the classic experience since we're almost 4 weeks in and the content is not even ready.

Classic isn't great. Not only because we just did it on Ragefire and Lockjaw, but just by it's own merits it's boring (The bosses are overtuned, there aren't many of them, no noteworthy quests, lots of classes can barely contribute, etc). I don't mind Classic being ruined. I'm concerned about future expansions. If we get to Velious and still have these problems... I'm not going to stick it out.
    Kuldiin and MamaBear like this.
  19. Frottage Journeyman

This topic is the true failure of Phinigel , If DBG does not get these fixed this server will end up like LJ/RF .

The exp woes have been masked by all the Double exp days .
    Lock out timers should be reduced (Liked vox should be every 2 days etc )

only time will tell
    Kuldiin likes this.
  20. Pictarous Augur

This. I love the knee jerk anti-WoW. WoW has harder/more involved raids than anything EQ has ever put out. Period. Hell, even vanilla had better raids than EQ. The only fun/interesting thing about EQ raiding was the competition to race...the fight itself? YAWN