Raid instance all servers or ..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jordune, Jan 3, 2016.

1. jordune Augur

Question for the devs:

Will all the servers (Ragefire being the one I care about) get raid instance come Velious?

Or

Will you be upping the price per month for those playing on the new tlp server that Has raid instancing as it's a special server much like the legends server was.

Seems to me that you eather raise the price to play There Or you give the rest of us raid instancing as well.

It's only fair that all have Access to content, even though many won't be able to do it.
    As well, why let the Rmt people dominate a zone thus blocking others from even trying.

Discuss
  2. Mwapo Augur

No one can block content forever. It's simply not feasible. Plenty of ways to gain access to any raid target in the game. If you don't want to do that, reroll on phinny like basically everyone else.
  3. jordune Augur

Doesn't awnser the question.
    Do we all get raid instancing
    Or
    Will they raise the price to play on Phinney as its a
    Special server much like the legends server was.

Blocked or unblocked content was an example is all
  4. Vaclav Augur

Every special rules server is special - doesn't change the pricing.

Either buck up and roll on Phinny or live without the raid instancing.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  5. jordune Augur

No thank you. Unlike you bailers, I Like ragefire.
    Like to see a devs response to this question though
  6. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

By your logic Ragefire and Lockjaw are also special so is Firiona Vie and Zek. Should they all get different pricing?

It has been answered time and again. They won't be instancing RF and LJ. Reroll like everyone else.
  7. jordune Augur

As I said before, no thank you.
    Ragefire is quite nice now that you all are gone.
    Again.. dev response please
  8. Vaclav Augur

I never played on RF past the first week or so - whenever LJ popped up, since I preferred the idea of the lower pop server.

And sorry to inform you, but it's the nature of life to make sacrifices when you want a benefit available elsewhere.

Wife wanted to live near the ocean - so we sacrificed all our old friends besides the rare visit.
    I wanted the benefits of huge bonuses during my working years - so I focused on being a person that did location openings since as a HRM that had the greatest potential bonuses - even though I hate being displaced every few years. (Part of why I probably relish online friendships so much, since they were more consistent during my 15 years I was changing location every 2 yrs)
    Ad nauseum.

Life is all about trade-offs - server selection is no different. Childish demands won't change that fact of the universe.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

The Devs already answered your question. Stomping your feet like a 4 year old just makes you look like an idiot.
  10. Sentinal Journeyman

I will love also so see Ragefire to have raid instance.

Lamback
    Darkwind Warrior
  11. Jaime Lannister Augur

Roshen has already answered this question somewhere.
    I'm sure if you searched the forum long enough you could find his direct quote.

The answer was something to the effect of "we have no plans to instance content on lockjaw or ragefire, because reasons".
  12. Nolrog Augur

Last time the devs talked about this, they said there were no plans to add raid instancing on those servers. And since we are all gone, you don't need it anyway.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

14. Zublak Augur

Most likely they'll implement it to LJ or RF or both. It's just a matter of when.
  15. TarewMarrForever Augur

Dusts off crystal ball...

I predict it'll be added to the merged RF / LJ before next TLP comes out in May of this year.

As others have mentioned, the "official" dev line is there is currently no plans *at this time* to add it to RF/LJ. But if they were to be merged, that would be the ideal time to add it.

Read between the lines folks...
  16. Zanarnar Augur

Honestly if they go back and instance LJ/RF I may go firebomb their HQ. Making everyone start over because "no plans to do it" then doing it is... beyond .
  17. Zublak Augur

Keep in mind, Phinny was released for more than just instancing. Phinny is the "true box" server remember? Where people can have a server without box armies etc.. So why not allow instancing on servers where we actually enjoy boxing?
  18. yerm Augur

Why not add classic raid instances to every server? Just require subscription level access to use it. If we're going this direction please don't stop with just the last TLP iteration, do it for real.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  19. Kevron Journeyman

Instancing should be a core feature of all TLP servers since it provides very little drawbacks.

Customers should not have to sever ties with characters/guildmates and start over (or deal with an undesirable unlock schedule) to experience the "new normal" of TLP.
  20. Nickatropolis Augur

Your $15.00 per month gets you access to multiple servers with multiple rule sets. You choose where you want to play. Many folks left between one and eighteen accounts with level 60's on each account to play on Phinny. Evaluate your options, make a selection, play, have fun.