phinny xp is simulated and a tribute at best.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Evertrek Augur

i dont feel that phinny is anything like classic. we have big bags, xp potions, origin, no corpse runs, no hell levels....

if xp on eq classic would have been like phinny i would have never played EQ and gone back to UO until DAoC came out.
  2. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

3. Nolrog Augur

XP in classic was slower than Phinigel.
    Numiko and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Evertrek Augur

yes because of corpse runs and no general chat to find groups. waiting on boats and running around was also an issue. xp gain was not this slow except for the hell levels.
    JustACleric likes this.
  5. Sdoofbuc Augur

I remember sitting in the overthere everyday for 4-5 hours a day for MONTHS to get from 30 to 40 in the summer of 2000..

I just did 30 to 40 in 3 days of casual play.

Exp on Phinny is slower than normal live servers. But its nothing like it was in classic! Nor would I ever want classic exp back. I'm not a kid anymore and I don't have the same time as I did back then.
  6. Evertrek Augur

so you do agree that double xp as normal is ok on the simulated TLPS.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Until you define casual, you'll never get folks to agree on casual / hardcore.

Some folks think 30 hours a week = casual, others think 15 = casual it's all a guessing game and a lot of folks never post their /played time to certain levels.
  8. Your_Ad_Here Augur

You'll never get a true classic experience on most if not all MMOS, because coding changes. It gets written over. And companies aren't going to spend resources to rip the coding apart. So that means no corpse runs and no hell levels.

BTW, you don't have to buy the big bags, xp potions, or even use Origin. There ya go!

And FYI, the exp on Classic (I mean the 1999 EQ classic) was WORSE than what Phinigel has now ....so that point is moot.

EDIT: I guess I'm just annoyed at all the exp complaining about Phinny exp. Yeah it's slow. Yes, I agree that DBG should have told about the exp rate as they did with the RF/LJ FaQ release. Yes I think having xp potions on sale at particular times is kinda fishy.

But I'm enjoying it. I'm level 11. I'm pretty 'casual' playing about 2 hours a day. If I do more, it's mainly crafting, exploring, and grinding out snake eggs.
  9. Denno Elder

Just buy permanent xp potions and pay to win.there is no background intention to give you a classic experience, so hust smile and join the fanboy pay to win crowd
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

A lot of us aren't looking for much more than a tour of EQ's history through its expansion packs one at a time.
    JustACleric likes this.
  11. fastboy21 Augur

XP was not only slower in classic, but you literally had about 5% of the exp camps on live in era then you currently have now between OOT goblins and instancing. 7 instances in lguk. 4 instance in solb. 4 instances in OOT. The major bottleneck in classic EQ exp was just FINDING a group.

You can decide if you like that or not...personally, I'm having a lot of fun. It isn't a classic server, nor did they advertise it as such.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Rumlebrag Elder

back then an exp camp could be 2 mobs on a 6min timer you soloed or duoed... now we have almost endless mobs with instances... dps was slower = exp was slower back then, not just on a per mob basis but per time basis
  13. Nolrog Augur

No, because XP gain was slower when classic was new. Phini isn't remotely as slow.
    Numiko and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. Ambee Elder

No you didn't
  15. DuchessElindra Elder

Wow. Thats a good one.

1- If you want classic experience (literally, gaming experience) I would advice to play on P99 server. You ll have 0 box, old spell effects, old school zones, CR, small bags, etc... Its great, seriously, go ahead.

2- 1999 is a long time ago, if you were already 30 you may be today a bit old and I'd understand if you are having memory loss and stuff.
    XP on Phinny is much faster than on Classic, that's without pots and without XP bonuses.
    XP on Phinny is much faster than on P99, that has something close to the classics days.
    XP on Phinny is much faster than it was on non-PL situations classic DAoC.
    It is still notably slower than on former TLP and on Live servers.
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No, exp in actual classic was twice as slow as this because it required double the experience in your bar than what is required here. It's was absolutely slower than this. Get your facts straight before making grand assertions on game forums. It does nothing but fuel the misinformed and irrational.

And then, yes, there were corpse runs, boat rides, no maps, night blindness, etc that further slowed everything down, in addition to everyone just not knowing the game.

They could make the exp rates twice as slow as actual classic and we would still have a night and day advantage over the game compared to back then just from game knowledge alone, much less all of the new conveniences.
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I was 29 in 99 and I'm 45 now. Neither makes me "old." This has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with whine.
  18. DuchessElindra Elder

It has to do with wine too!
  19. Until We Felt Red Augur

Oh, it most definitely was slower. I started playing in June of 2000. When Velious came out on December 5th, I was level 30. That took 5.5 months. Even accounting for being a new player, that's insanely slow leveling. I played a borderline embarrassing amount of time (hours and hours almost every day).
  20. xakanrn Augur

agreed with point 1 but certainly not 2
    exp is faster then classic and p99 but certainly not ''much faster''
    exp in daoc was faster then anything on phinny and miles faster then EQ classic.
    i left EQ in 2001 to play this game initally at beta and then first day live playing the merc which was one of the least soloable classes back then next to stealth and played less hours then EQ1 and made level 50(max then) in a much shorter time