I Surrender

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Decessus, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sancus Augur

You're reading the parse incorrectly. He linked a parse of many mobs over the course of 65 minutes to show his group's sustained DPS, which is 168k for the whole group combined.
  2. Benzarden Augur

Somebody get Klak some challenging content so he can play the game and stop trolling these forums.
    Faana, Iila, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. Klak Augur

Apparently you dont if you think this game is hard.
  4. Klak Augur

Yes please.
    Clearlee likes this.
  5. Rakknar Elder

Yes this is a combination parse of many mobs. We were running missions trying to spawn named mobs for hunter. Kill mobs, get ph, drop mission, repeat. We did eventually get 3 named that day. Burns were saved for named mobs. If a group is just grinding they can pop burns as they become available for even more dps.
  6. Clearlee New Member

I'm not the only one paying the bills around here. Guess you missed a 100 posters tell DBG how they were quitting because it was too hard.
    Seriouslee and Faana like this.
  7. segap Augur

None of us who like harder content are demanding all content be a challenge. We want a good mix so that there's fun stuff for us as well as the more casual crowd. Yet you see the whiners saying its not fair that all content is not trivial. An entitlement to be able to complete everything. Their idea of fair is everything balanced to the minimum effort and/or skill. I fail to see how that is "fair".

The achievement system is one of the worst things that's happened to this game. Everyone suddenly thinks they have paid to get all their check marks.
    Thancra, Sancus, Khat_Nip and 2 others like this.
  8. Clearlee New Member

We might be able to come to an understanding if you stop criticizing the people who want to spend 3 hours a night doing Gribbles for 20% of a level.
  9. Benzarden Augur

Objection! Relevance, Your Honor.
    Iila likes this.
  10. Repthor Augur

Objection over ruled, you may preceed with your off topic claims. Thread is only at 10 pages
  11. Faana Augur

You don't want to be like DBG, DO YOU? Telling people how to 'have fun?' They pay their money, let them do easy things.
    Seriouslee likes this.
  12. blahblah Journeyman

Next time just quietly quit playing for XX days/weeks/years, and let the rest of us enjoy the game. I'm sure folks will miss you, but to go out in that infamous blaze of glory is a cry for help.

Just quit and move on with RL if that is the case. Don't try to sway your biased opinions of boxing - regardless of your talent (either good or bad -- not my call).

***For the record: I box that mission with ench & mage and 2 healer mercs. It is very, very challenging, but it can be done. I have done this for several folks on Povar to date. ;)
  13. Greenhorn Journeyman

You know that the difference between a Mage Raid pet with Enhanced Minion XIX+ and a Mage Group Pet with Enhanced Minion XVIII is extreme? While the group pet cons dblue, the raid pet cons deeeep red. I like to know what gear you use to manage these missions (whatever mission you talk about, I don't see that).

I managed with group gear to make PoHate minis except Mistress of Scorn and Grandmaster R'tal which seems, that are in fact many parts possible to do. Meanwhile I tested all mercenary/partisan tasks and the first hero missions. They may be time consuming some are partly challenging, the most are simply good strategy, tactics and mostly endurance.

A very minor number of named and the higher group missions need a bit more exploration so far, so I cannot verify what is possible with a standard TBM/TDS geared group.

I am less interested in things which are to weak / to hard, my interest is in beating the expansion in my personal way without rerolling characters, so hints and ideas are more important than the complains I read all over the forum.

many thanks
    Seriouslee likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

Huh? My EM 23 pet is a white con. Regardless, the difference in tanking ability between group and raid EM is nearly non-existent; there's basically no parseable change in AC and a very small change in HP.
    Silv and Benzarden like this.
  15. Greenhorn Journeyman

mh.. I met a raider in the game whose pet conned red. Andthat was not the only case. Regularly I see Pets from Mages and Necros conning red to me. I asked one of these guys and he said that he has an Enhanced Minion Raid earring. I am not sure if it was Soulcatcher Earhoop from TBM or Trophy of the Scapegoat, but it appeared con red. I tried to aquire the highest earring for group content from TDS and TBM, both give only a dblue pet. Perhaps it is another achievement additionally which is responsible for that and not the Enhanced Minion item but he stated it would be. I am only group geared so I can not check that. I am not completely maxed with BST and Mage to check if it is additionally an AA ability. But there are many other possibilities like Trophies, Tributes, Guild Tributes, Achievements, SC-buyable items which I don't use - perhaps somebody else can explain why people have red con pets.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Games (EverQuest is a character progression game where gear, events completed, exp bar, etc. are the scoreboard) "tell" you how to have fun. Games are not sandboxes where whatever you choose to do has equal value so long as you are having fun. (Although people CAN play that way so long as they don't care about their scoreboard. Casual effort, casual results.)

Bbbut bbbut. $15/mo? That's the price of admission to a world where "WARNING!! Thar may be dragons". It's not a hunting permit in a world where loot pinatas put up a convincing fight and just when you think you've lost they take a dive and go feet up. Surely no one here is so new to the game that they don't know all this.
  17. Conjurous_AB Elder

You must be targetting the swarm pets like mage gargs, they will con red but otherwise the best u will see a normal pet is even con at 105.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

Problem is, the risk/reward system is completely fk'd up in this game.

Example A: I spent about an hour in Decay, killing all the mobs in the Emma area. Roughly 40 mobs. Killed quickly by a group of 1 cleric, 2 wizards, and three burn casters. Reward, 3% xp and about 1k plat in vendor trash.

Example B: Enslaver of Souls and Damsel of Decay, with wipes, took about an hour to win both, reward, 6 aa and 1 crap drop for each ( for 6 people)

Example C: 3 Gribble runs, took about an hour total, recieved roughly 50aa or 25% of a level and about 10k in vendor trash.

What's my motivation to do A or B? I HATE Gribbles, I wish they would remove them and dial up the xp for mobs in the other zones. I miss just setting up camp with a few friends and shootin the while blasting some mobs. That is why Grounds was so popular.
  19. Iila Augur

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO GRIBBLES
    Mayfaire and Sancus like this.
  20. Bluey Lorekeeper

@Roxanna
    mh...
    Interesting thought. TDS gave Exp and AA because of the tasks and missions, you couldn't avoid xp even all options are set to AA. Didn't surely die less or more in TBM than in TDS.

Meanwhile in TBM I have the most tasks done and my maxed XP-bar got down about 1 blue because I had so many wipes and so little xp from the tasks that it didn't compensate even with Divine Blessing and Exp. Recovery. Never had that in every other expansion. I am not the typical grinder, I play for fun and kill for tasks or tradeskill stuff.

Never did Gribbles but to get Xp it seems an evening in old content would compensate for the xp-loss in TBM.

So I feel with you ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.