I do believe that another week of double exp is appropriate.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vardune, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kain200 Elder

This right here is whats really crushing my will to play on this server. I want so badly for this to be the home i've been looking for but the exp is just completely unacceptable and utterly pointless with the faster unlocks coupled with the fact that the dragons are all downed now anyway which is what they were concerned about in the first place. Yet every time we come here to voice our pleas to the devs to save this server and KEEP our business we just get locked down and told to move over to the dozens of pages long thread that nobody pays any attention to.

Its as if they don't "want" to see just how much of their playerbase is unhappy with this. They want to relegate it all to one thread that they've been easily ignoring.
    Nindi likes this.
  2. Miss Shortcake Elder

Maybe if they raised the experience rates, the people I try to get to play will actually make it to level 10 before leaking blood out of their eyeballs and disappearing like it works now.
    Nindi likes this.
  3. Thorn01 Journeyman

I got two friends ive been trying to convince since RF opened up to ditch their current mmo and come play here on phiny to try it. They loved it for about a week. Then got sick of seeing the same exact corner of the same exact zone for hours on end. Good luck wanting to try ANY other class when the thought of going back to that same corner for hours comes to mind.
    Nindi likes this.
  4. MBear Augur

It took me a few afternoons of casual play to get to level 10.
    They are definitely doing something wrong if blood is shooting out of their eyeballs in a few nights of casual play.
    Why so specific about level 10 anyway, or is that your level so the point is that they can catch up and play with you?
  5. ravenshade32 New Member

Servers doing fine so far ignoring the boxers of course. Double exp weekends are a great addition but i'm not going to beg for another, if they give us one or not i'm fine either way. As for server experience it is fine at the moment, if you're not levelling you're clearly not grouping like you are meant to. EQ for those who actually played back in the day (which I doubt many here actually did due to being a younger age) was a social grouping game, barely ever did you find people soloing.

So in short keep everything how it is, more double exp weekends will just bring out more no lifers who will play 24/7 and rush to the level cap which again isn't what old EQ was about at all.
  6. Shainai New Member

As someone who quit playing 10-12 years ago (i'm so old I don't remember when I quit). i just started playing on Phinny 7 days ago, I play a lot but casually When I'm at home I am focuseed on the game, when I'm at work I play casually...ie farming or tradeskill stuff. I hit lvl 20 today, pretty sure exp is quicker then it was back in release, not to mention the double xp weekends, which btw never happened in release. So overall it is quicker.
  7. Finley Augur

I think Phinny should just be 50% bonus exp every weekend it seems to whip people into a frenzy
    Nindi and TipTap like this.
  8. TipTap Journeyman

But "back in the day" expansions were not released every 84 days, so it's going to be almost impossible for casuals to keep up level wise, not even thinking about raiding.
    Nindi likes this.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Funny how there is at least 3 casual guilds with level 50's in them raiding right now. 3 weeks in.
  10. Venthos Augur

TipTap, it's pretty hilarious watching your replies repeatedly flung out like an upset child in these XP threads. XP rate is currently fantastic. DBG has not planned (nor should they) to provide an XP rate that means all (or even the majority) of players on Phinigel will be able to raid "in era". The idea is to consistently and reliably advance content at a pace where anyone who is willing and able to put in reasonable time can comfortably raid "in era". That's it. Notice I did not saying "willing and able to sock their way to raids". Hardcore is not required to raid "in era" on Phinigel.

You, and the rest of the XP Cry Team, are essentially arguing that you should be treated like special snowflakes and catered to because you want to see the content when you feel you should be able to. Whether this is because you are unable to put in the time or simply unwilling to put in the time, it remains that you are not going to put in the reasonable time that many other players are able to find time for. We're not talking the elite top percentage here. Like the XP Cry Team has pointed out, those folks killed Phinigel Autropos in something like 48 hours' time and the rest of classic by 7 days out. The "sockers" are already done. The "reasonable folk" have been hitting raid capable since then and will continue to do so up through Kunark release. Anyone who genuinely wants to raid "in era" has the capability to do so and get at least a solid 4 weeks in before Kunark, minimum. This is true even as a casual player.

Those on XP Cry Team are effectively asking for the guided EQ tour "If you look on your left, you'll see the Lady Vox gift shop. Please step off, take your pictures, collect your loot, and the tram will leave in 30 minutes to Nagafen's Lair". They want zero effort in, for a complete showcase of all EQ content "in era" through the coming years. Not happening, nor should it.
  11. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Amen. Nice post good sir!
  12. Coach_Kegadin Augur

13. Until We Felt Red Augur

I am so amused at the hulk rage over someone having a different opinion on the experience rate. To be fair, it's really infuriating thinking of how terrible things would be on Phinny with a slightly increased experience rate. I mean, think about it. Just appalling. It would definitely ruin this guy's life, that's for sure. Special snowflake, indeed.
  14. Venthos Augur

XP Cry Team resorting to ad hominem attacks already? Man, this is easy.
  15. Until We Felt Red Augur

That's rich.
  16. darksinga Journeyman

I'm lvl 20 and made my character 10 days ago. First I rolled an enchanter, then a bard and though the XP is slow, it's not 100% the problem. It's more so that there are absolutely no hotzones in the game... As a result, it becomes "You need to go level here because that's where all the groups are." Lvl 20, you pretty much NEED to level in Unrest. Well, I flippin hate Unrest lol. I spent a day or two there and I'm over it. Lvl 30+? You will pretty much NEED to level in Guk, that's where all the groups are!

Where the heck are the hotzones? Zones are desolate that should be evenly disbursed. People who make toons in Antonica will instantly go to Faydwer because that's where the groups are. This goes hand in hand with the idea of "looking at the same wall," post above me. We want to experience all of the zones of the past, not just three. Even if I wanted to start a group in a zone that's rarely gone to, the idea of having to port over 4-5 other guys, get them all together, and then start xp is awful to even think about. An hour easy to get something organized, and if it's a PUG, forget it lol. Your only chance would be organizing a guild group.

On top of this, please fix solo XP!!! Solo XP atm is insanely crappy. Your supposed to get MORE xp solo than in a full group. In fact, with 6 guys, your supposed to be splitting that XP. However, now that there's a bonus per person in the group, with 6 people your getting more than 1. I know they want to encourage group play, but some of us like to solo and should be rewarded for it. Why do you think bards, druids, and necromancers were the first 50s on every server? Because they liked to solo and were good at it.

PS, fix bard swarming. Not being able to dot a moving target is beyond silly.
  17. Venthos Augur

I don't think I could even dream up a better examples of my "people want an EQ tour" rant earlier.

"Ugh, it's effort to make groups"
    "Ugh, I don't want to group in an MMO"

Both (making groups, and most classes requiring groups to level) being defining aspects of EverQuest. I feel like I need to send you a check in the mail for being a perfect example, darksinga.
    kraggnar likes this.
  18. Batbener Augur

I want quadruple xp during the hours I play, and negative xp on the hours I don't. I think that's fair for everyone involved.
  19. Venthos Augur

This is something I can get behind. Also de-spawn all raid zones when I'm offline. Further, it is oppressive for someone to flaunt their gear privilege around. We need a "safe zone" where everyone shows as cloth armor with rusty weapons so we're equal.
    Darkening likes this.
  20. toasty4800 Elder

Yes This. XP needs to be fixed as it has been proven that you can lower the xp and it doesn't change the fact that some will still clear content fast. I have also hit 50 and want to level an alt now, but don't want to suffer through the grind again at that pace. Please DBG CHANGE THE XP RATE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.