Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ElaidaTL Augur

And with 16 years of extra knowledge on how the game works you'd think hitting level 50 on a server who's exp is still accelerated from its original pace in 1999 wouldn't be such a big deal huh
  2. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You don't get it dude! How am I supposed to get to level 50 in a week while taking my 3 kids to daycare/school. Work 90 hours at the widget factory. Coach the pee-wee girl soccer team. Take sky diving lessons. Learn how to knit. Travel the world. Learn cantonese. Play in the NA LCS. AND RAID.

Dis Servur Gunna dye if they no fix exp rate naow!
  3. ElaidaTL Augur

I lol'ed. The grammar at the end killed me
  4. Laronk Augur

Really if you're working less than 100 hours a month you're just a lazy piece of crap.
  5. DuchessElindra Elder

If you do work more you might actually rethink your life choices. Or stop voting for people using you as a slave.
  6. Weverley Augur

That makes only 25 hours a week most people work more then that.Plenty of time to play Everquest.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Wanting to and having to are a different matter...

Nevermind the fact that plenty of people work jobs that aren't "working" around half the time or more. Heck, I'd be lucky if even half of my working days were - HRM is like 75% just hanging out talking to people.
  8. Thazager Journeyman

Phinny

I am wondering if they will ever make a server that the silver players could join?

I have put in 14 years worth of paying for Everquest (over $1800, including paying for 16 of 21 expansions), more than some that have just joined up as "All Access". Yet I and others like me all get left out, because we are not currently able to pay for the gold status.

Yes, we get to play for free on the other servers, but when a new server comes out, and so many jump over to play there, its basically empty on the server they came from. I like the idea of Phinny with the "true box" idea. But not able to pay for it, I could never see it.
  9. vaio007 Elder

So you played EQ for 14 years back in the day when it was a subscription game and paid $10-15 a month for apparently 16 expansions worth of time... yet now you can't pay $15/month to play on a TLP server? $15 is less than a movie ticket.

Right. Okay, so even if that were true... Buy a krono with in game pp. Fake problem solved.

"I could never see it..." like we're talking about buying a Bugatti here or something.
  10. Thazager Journeyman

(Guess I need to spell it out)
    No job at present, money is tight while I am searching for a job. Cant get a low paying job, because as soon as I do the student loans come due, and at $600 a month, there goes any game chance. No money for krono, cant afford it yet thru plat buy.
  11. vaio007 Elder

I'll repeat: "I'll never see it..." is clearly hyperbole. This isn't a trip to space, it's $15 or a bunch of in-game plat for a krono.

And boo please, we all know how student loan debt works..

[IMG]

Sob story elsewhere.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Holy.... something censored.... that's a student loan? So glad me and my family made everything was square without a loan on my education.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

$15 for a movie ticket? Wtf
  14. Astral - TR Elder

You get what you paid for.
  15. Vaclav Augur

As a hiring professional I'd tend to disagree - the number of idiots that came out of Ivy who just wanted a free high paying job was pretty sickening. Even my school (although no interest) as a well lauded business school was "only" $100kish for my degree from what I can recall.

I think I was happier with more of my Community College level hires than Ivy, frankly - I appreciate someone that actually works their off to prove their worth instead of just pointing at a piece of paper and trying to get people to assume they know anything - which in my hiring experience, they tend not to.

Nevermind the true all stars would be having some sort of scholarship to encourage them to go there that would trim the bill quite a bit. (i.e. sister-in-law attended MIT, she's quoted her total bill was under $60k because of her scholarships)
    Elkay likes this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

300k+ in student loans.... someone got took advantage of....
    Elkay likes this.
  17. Mwapo Augur

Ehhhh, several of my friends had this kind of debt graduating from law school, med school and phd programs. None of them ended up paying for it themselves. All of them either got it paid by an employer or their schools paid for it because they went into non profit work. It's almost certainly a graduate program from a moderately expensive University and a middle class person who didn't get many scholarships.
  18. vaio007 Elder

An M.D. from a US school isn't cheap. I have no regrets :)
  19. vaio007 Elder

My undergrad was 100% paid for by scholarships. And I'll be paying back all of my loan debt on my own. I'd love for you to point me in the direction of any program which forgives a substantial amount of said debt. There aren't any. $25,000/year x3 for working at a low paying job doesn't touch it.

But anyway. $15 or <x> platinum for a month of EQ TLP when EQ used to cost that much anyway isn't a big deal. You used to pay it -every month-.

Cut out Starbucks for a week.
  20. Laronk Augur

Jain, 3d movies here in Canada can be like 18.25 in calgary I think