Browser question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lassiter, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Lassiter Journeyman

This doesn't have anything to do with EQ but, since I'm a long time EQ player and I know there are a lot of computer savvy people here and I didn't know a better place to ask...

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I know nothing about it and it doesn't come with an instruction manual. The default browser is chrome (I think) which I also know nothing about.

I'm used to internet explorer which I can right click at a website that brings up a menu with an option to create a shortcut to my desktop. Whatever browser I have now doesn't do that.

How do I switch to internet explorer as my default browser or how can I create that shortcut with chrome. And how can I tell if it is even chrome? Thanks.
  2. Lassiter Journeyman

Well, I made a little progress. At the top of my display there are 3 little dots that brings up a menu. One of the options is to open with internet explorer. I clicked that and the forum opened in a new window that had the right click menu I'm familiar with.

I now have a shortcut on my desktop for the EQ forums. That wasn't too difficult. I can live with that, but if anyone has any useful tips and hints about windows 10 I would greatly appreciate it.
  3. Lassiter Journeyman

Thanks Yarr